Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite background music?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strange how you seem to grow to appreciqate certain music more when you get older. For example Eternal Flow that was mentioned before. During my first Suikoden1 playthrough in 1996 I thought it was boring! I own the soundtrackts of Suikoden 1,2 and 3 and I have yet to lay my hands on 5.

On the third disc of the soundtrack from 2 you have three songs in which they actually sing. I particularly love duo fiumi (as I recall it`s called) which is basically a (even) more beautiful version of the BGM for the winger part of Tworiver with singing in.....Italian, I think.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The song that plays in McDohl's house (the simple solo guitar piece) remains my favorite Suikoden tune, after all these years (and games).
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is going to be quite a long list so be prepared.. I have A LOT of favourites. ^^;;

The Night Before the Decisive Battle ~ Theme of a Moonlit Night - This was actually one of my favourite pieces. It usually plays before all the final war battles, where you can run around the castle at night and talk to everyone before the big battle. There's just something very peaceful about it and I don't mind putting it on loop.

Betrayal - It's true that they only played this track once in Suikoden V, but I really liked it. The timing for the music couldn't have been any better, and complimented the mood of the story perfectly.

Traces of the Sindar Civilization - This was one of my favourite tracks in Rhapsodia [Suikoden Tactics], but sadly that remake wasn't included in the OST. I was really hoping to hear it again, but I'm really too lazy to travel down to the Mother Earth Chamber just to hear it. It was one of the greatest tracks from that game though.

Overcoming the Grief - I have a soft spot for ballads, so this one definetely won over me. It's emotional and touching, and it complimented all the scenes perfectly. I couldn't ask for more~

Recollection - This somewhat sounded like a better version of "Reminscience" from the Suikoden II. It was nice though, it held the sentimental value without being overly dramatic. I remember hearing the first time I heard it, I thought it complimented the scene perfectly as well..

Rune of Punishment - *spoilers* One of my absolute favourite tracks in Suikoden history. The full and uncut version from Rhapsodia was amazing, and it elevated the emotional scene to a entirely different level. It was the best song you could have ever played during the Kika/Edgar scene.

Theme of Sadness - Yes, whether it was Suikoden I or Suikoden II or any other Suikoden.. this one has been a favourite ever since I first heard it. It's a classic and although it's not as great as the others I just listed, it deserves some praise. ^^

The Facades

39 Potch
13 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traces of the Sindar Civilization is my favorite. Loved it in suikoden 3.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh I have a few here :)

Suikoden I -"Forgotten Days" I have a celtic version of this I really like too. So good!

Suikoden III "Mysterious People" The Alma Kinan village, my favorite sound out of the game.

Suikoden III "Farm Village" Chisha villages song. (ironically, my costume runway song at the fashion show I worked on. I got a lot of comments on how fitting it was for my showing. I had 3 flower costumes, 2 mages and an elf, it was cute, really.)

Suikoden IV "Rune of Punishment" It's sad, and one of the few things I liked from this game

Suikoden IV "Sailing" One of the other few things I liked from this game. The start of the song is mostly what I like though.

Suikoden V "Sad Wish" The prettiest track from the game for me, even if it is sad as it's name implies.

Suikoden III and Suikoden V are my favorites, I have a bunch of them on my comp, those are my favorites though. Alma Kinan's is my all out favorite though :)

-My DeviantArt-
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hard to chose! My top picks would have to be...
I: "Gregminster" It makes me want to dance~!
II: "Imprisoned Town" Goreous harmony in the recorder part! The first time I heard it it was like nothing I had ever heard coming out of my PS1.
II: Fugue "Priase be to my Master" I have a weakness for fugues.

Alot of my faovrite music comes from III--not just because they're great tunes, but they remind me of a poignantly emotional time in my life. I used to fall asleep playing SIII on the couch, usually on the Yaza Plains or in Alma Kinnan, so "Beautiful Grasslands" and "Mysterious People" are high on my list. I also like "Saintly Hall," and "Exceeding Love" is still one of my all-time favorite bits of music ever.

IV was a little sparser in the music department for me--though "The Confession Song" I really like, and "La Mer" certainly bears mentioning.

SV--I haven't had enough to time grow attatched to any of the music yet. So far I realy like the music in the Falenan capitol, and the boat city has awesome music as well.

So there we are. :)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love all of Suikoden's music. But for some reason I am particularly fond of the War Theme. >_>

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always been a fan of the Neclord BGMs though there names escape me.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mariamalibran

13137 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I - Nothing beats "An Old Irish Song" at the Dragon Knight's Den. I'm surprised no one's mentioned this one yet. I also like "Distant Mountain"

Suikoden II - "Children Playing in the Fields" - Toto
"Withered Earth" - Tinto

Suikoden III
- "Stupid Ducks" - Duck Village. Is this really the name of that song?
I also like the music in Brass Castle, but I can't recall what it's called...

Suikoden IV - meh. Nothing comes to mind right now.

Suikoden V
- "The Queen's Knights" - I don't remember hearing this as BG music but I really like this one.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the Mercenary Fortess one and the Greenhill one too. Can't remember the name.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of music I liked from Suikoden ^^

Suikoden I -
Eternal Empire - Very reminiscing and the Celtic version <3
Main Theme (Guitar Acoustic) - Peaceful and soft. Nice song to relax to.
Eternal Flow (Seika) - Don't know why but its one of my favorite village themes.
Distant Mountain - One of the best classic mountain themes I've heard.
An Old Irish Song (Dragon Knights' Den) - Liked the rhythm to it.

Suikoden II -
A Peaceful Mountain Village - Again another nice village theme.
Homesickness (Kyaro) - My favorite. Very playful and happy beat.
Tactics Nice sophisticated song before battle[/b]
Carried on Rippling Waves (Lakewest) - Yeah, I'm a sucker for village themes hehe
Gothic Neclord - Haha different from boss themes I've heard.
Chant - I think it was in the game but on the OST, its more of just a choir singing. Again nice song.

Suikoden III - (My favorite for its relaxing and calm nature songs.)
In The Sun - Nice relaxing song. I think it was played during traveling through the Zexen forest.
Beautiful Grasslands[b] - Liked this song. I liked all the plains' themes to be exact hehe like Noisy Wind, ect.
Green Grave Marker
- Another song that was nice.
With Your Card, GO! Nice catchy song to listen to while playing card games.
Stupid Ducks - Hehe very original, Also I like the celtic version.
Mysterious People (Alma Kinan) - In my opinion, a great and one of the best village themes.
Lots more hehe....

Suikoden IV -
Rune of Punishment - A sad but great theme song to set the tone for Suikoden IV.
Sailing - Played during the beginning of the game. Was nice song to begin it with.
Seaside Spring - Song for hot springs. Great for it.

Suikoden V -
Queen's Knights - Great theme that fits perfect for the knights.
Naivete - Miakis intro sortof. Nice playful tune.
Tragic Request Great song played during one of my favorite scenes.
ClouD.

The Nameless

17244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1:
- World Map theme
- War Theme
- Suikoden Main theme

Suikoden 2

- Reminiscence
- Currents
- Currents (vocal version!!!)
- War
- Chant
- La passione cummuove la storia
- the theme of the strategical battle where you have to wound Luca (in
which Luc and Sasarai battle each other)
don't know the name and where to find the song sadly :(

Suikoden 3
-Exceeding love
-Complex thoughts
-Circular place
-War theme
-Where the stars go

Suikoden 5
-CLASH
-Queens Knights
-One pieceful moment
-Despair and Hope
-Wandering the labyrinth
-A City sealed within the earth

Wolf Stew wrote:
The song that plays in McDohl's house (the simple solo guitar piece) remains my favorite Suikoden tune, after all these years (and games).

Ahh, i LOVED the vocal version of this one? Anyone knows the name/the Soundtrack? ^^
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden series has such gorgeous music :D Guess I'll list some favourite tracks off by game:

Suikoden I
Beautiful Golden City - What can I say? I love flute-type instruments. Such a happy song too.
Rock Rockland - I love the sound of the violins(?) with the flutes. It has song great guitar remixes as well.

Suikoden II
Two Rivers - Beautiful on it's own, though it sounds even better in Gaiden!
A Bustling Town - An interesting tune that goes from melodic to jarring.
The Even More Glorious, Beautiful Golden City - I loved it in the first game, why wouldn't I love it in the second?

Suikoden III
Exceeding Love - A very pretty, melodic/haunting song.
Stupid Ducks - It fits the area perfectly! The Celtic remix of this song is absolutely beautiful.
Old Castle by the Lake - Look up the Asian mix of this song NOW!
Everyone's Smiling Faces - There is one part in this song that was remixed Celtic-style, and it is amazing!

Suikoden IV
La Mer - Beautiful intro song. Very lively.
Southern Wind - A pretty, tranquil song.
The Meaning of Heritage - It just sounds cool ^^;;
Climb the Hill - Another calm song. I love how it keeps slowly building.

Suikoden V
A Power Like the Sun - It matches the feel of Falena perfectly. And that string instrument sounds so cool!
The Queen's Knights - Nekomata Master's remix is too amazing for words.
Pirate Extermination - Hearing Suikoden IV's battle theme remixed to awesomeness somehow made me really happy.
We Gather Near Water - The second HQ expansion has the best theme.

Suikogaiden
Currents - Definitely the best Suikoden game opening! I believe it's Kokia doing the vocals.
Gothic Neclord - The best version of all the versions of this song. It sticks to the original sound and improves the quality.
Imprisoned Town - An improved version of the original.
Withered Earth - Both versions ((intro for the second volume and in-game)) rock.

Suikoden Tactics <<<--- Best Soundtrack, IMHO.
Once Upon a Time, In the Town of Razril - Love how this builds up. Great way to start a sequel game!
Theme of the Hideout - Now THIS is what a pirate theme should sound like!
The Meaning of Inheritance - I liked it in IV, and it's even better now. Very echo-y.
Town of the Research Institution - A VERY cool sounding song.
Quake in the Imperial Capital - It's only ever played twice, but it just blows you away each time! A slow horn intro followed by very imperial sounding horns to a drum beat, then a soothing melody and finally a rhythmic beat leading back into horns. It flows so flawlessly, yet manages to stay interesting.
Frigid Land - I think this is the title of it. This is only the single greatest version of the Sindar theme ever! It also manages to match the sound of the game that it's in, a first I do believe.

And for anyone looking for names of songs or just wants to listen, you can go to Blue Laguna.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just love "Penpe" from both S1 and S2 games.
Salamander

I iron your FACE!

306964 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My three favourite Suikoden songs are all from the first game.
They are:
1. Black Forest
2. Dancing Girl
3. Theme of the Advancing Army

Other songs I like almost as much are “If You Listen Carefully” and “Secret Village of the Ninja” from Suikoden II and “Mysterious People” from Suikoden III.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: