Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who here would want an anime style Opening Movie in Suikoden VI?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes, Chisha. But it didn't happen in the game for some reason, and Aki Shimizu likely noticed this a few years later when she was making the manga, and decided to add the scene in. The Suikoden III intro movie was shown at a very early phase, so apparently everything wasn't finalized at that point plotwise.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most likely. It's sad but a bunch of that stuff would have spiced the action of the game. The game's plot was great, it's action scenes not so much.

Yun's death scene looked better in the Opening too, with some sort of wind spirits surrounding her as she walked forward to give her soul up. It would have certainly stopped people from asking wtf happened. Or Hugo's escape from Vinay del Zexay. There were a lot of scenes which deserved in-game inclusion.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Leon wrote:

Yun's death scene looked better in the Opening too, with some sort of wind spirits surrounding her as she walked forward to give her soul up.

It was kind of funny that when S3 was first released, no one knew who this was. It wasn't until I looked at the manga I realized it was Yun, due to the veil/cloak/blanket on her head in the manga.
Anyway, I agree, the scene looked better in the opening. Although, considering what happened in the game, I don't think they would of had time to show that scene.

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the Suikoden III opening. I was so hoping that four and Five was going to be like that but I was disapointed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm always a sucker for anime cutscenes ^^
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While my first instinct was to say that I don't mind openings which use the in-game graphics engine, I got to thinking... Suikoden III did have a very sweet opening video, but what if they were to take it a step further and have the cut scenes done in the same animé style?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would've been really sweet. I take it they didn't do so because of budget constraints, or something?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know why they don't do them more, they are pretty and if they add a lyrical opening it would be better.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*referring to first post

I enjoyed the anime style OP movies in GensoSuikoGaiden I-II and Suikoden III but I also liked Suikoden V's CG opening.

As long it's enjoyable for me to watch countless times, I would not mind it (and my finger wouldn't hurt as much from constantly hitting the start button as well)
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always wondered though, with the kind of appeal Suikoden has, shouldn't it look into the more Anime-style Cel-shaded graphics? Maybe it's my bias for the cartoonish look of RPG's like Tales of the Abyss, but I find it to be quite fitting to the series. It would also remind people of the colorfull and vivid times of the 2d Suikoden games. It's a vivid and lifefull look realistic graphics can hardly ever portray correctly, and part of the reason some people sometimes prefer a return to 2D graphics.
LynxWare

Red Sabers

68383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea,
Anime style is the best way to go.
But it also has to have a soundtrack to fit the mood.
music can make or break a game.Like Suikoden 4 i didnt like the intro
that much but i loved the song! But in 3 the anime and good music
made it the best intro in my opinion.The only other that top it is crono-cross.
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm hoping for an anime intro, mainly because it shows off the game much better than the CG openings do, plus it fits nicely with Suikoden's art style. I'm still crossing my fingers for anime cutscenes as well, but I doubt that will happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: