Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who here would want an anime style Opening Movie in Suikoden VI?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
Quote:
When I first got Suikoden VI, I was pretty disappointed there was no animated opening.

Do you have a Time Machine? :P

I know what you mean. Yeah, I was disappointed because it was all from that first trailer. There was nothing new to the video.

IV, sorry. I thought I had them switched earlier.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, you mean IV. I thought you were talking about V, hence the last few messages.

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont care if its anime or cgi all i want is a good game. Besides both cgi and anime look great it would be a bonus to have a great opening movie but its not a selling point.
Falqueene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm all for an anime-styled opening. The openings to S-4 and S-5 didn't do anything for me ((Especially the 2D character art that just randomly popped up in 5, it looked cheaply put together IMO)). The anime openings are just so much more captivating, not to mention that the animation is beautiful. Sure Konami's getting better at 3D models, but still, their 3D skills can't really compare to alot of other games, so as a result, the first impression is a lot lower based on the opening scenes. An anime opening really shows the game off, and makes it stand out.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aww but I actually liked the opening for Suikoden 4 =<

I don't really care either way but whatever they decide they need to put a tad more effort in making a spiffy opening
CG openings especially

ok ok but I admit being an anime fan an anime opening opening is more likely to make me squee with glee
*cough* can't believe I used that phrase

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed the Suikoden 4 opening, just listening to the opening music made me relax. Anyway for the topic, yeah I would to see an anime style opening again just like Suikoden III. It had more feel to it rather because the creators could draw emotions in the characters faces unlike 3-D models who I think takes time and lots of effort. Anyway either way is fine by me, honestly.

IN AMERICA!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean something like the opening video to Alundra or Wild Arms? That was done pretty well, I wouldn't object to that kind of thing being applied to Suikoden, besides, it wouldn't affect the actual content of the game, or at least it shouldn't...
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're talking to me then yeah, like the Wild Arms anime opening video, which I find very attractive and makes me get in to the mood, I haven't seen the Alundra though. :)

IN AMERICA!
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the opening videos for Suikoden III, and the two Suikogaiden games, so I certainly would love an anime opening theme for Suikoden VI.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved suikoden 3’s introduction. The music. The characters. Ahhh!! It was a beaut. I also loved the 2 gaidens because it gave us a glimpse of how suikoden would be like if it was fully animated. I, for one, am quite sick of cg graphics that are pretty commonplace in rpgs of today. I have it up to my neck with annoyance.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definitly LOVE to see that. Or even anime Cutscenes aswell. the 3Ds great but unless it plans on having FF12+ graphics in the next games i'd much rather see the anime style cutscenes.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance has a great look where the characters are anime style but 3D, and the game's style is similar to Suikoden, too. The intro to Fire Emblem: PoR is also very Suikoden-like, combining 2D art with flashes of 3D scenes. Then the ingame prologue has full 3D anime style graphics, it needs to be seen to be believed. The game has awesome character graphics and I'd be very happy to see something similar in Suikoden VI too, including the intro.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always enjoyed the anime intro and cutscenes in past PS1 rpgs. Not many developers have the resources to create the quality CGI scenes that Square-Enix creates for its rpgs, especially for its signature franchise. I think CGI + Final Fantasy have become synonymous with each other.

I still think that the anime cinematics for Suikoden 3 was the best intro for an rpg I've seen. It pretty much encapsulates the entire game's story through it's less than 3 minutes of running time yet didn't spoil anything about the game or it's story. It helped that it also had a very catchy tune to back it up.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Square's CGI is very plain and plasticky looking. It has no character, no personality.

Oh, and Suikoden III's intro had some strange scenes like Hugo fighting Hallec at the Safir clan's (?) village, which never happened in the game. Maybe they cut some scenes out? Personally, I prefer the Suikogaiden introes.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It happened in the manga apparently. Hugo apparently got confused and swiped at Hallec by mistake. And that's the Mantor Legionare's attack on Chisha Village.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: