Suikoden United and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who here would want an anime style Opening Movie in Suikoden VI?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Who here would want an anime style Opening Movie in Suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I most certainly do. Personally I think Suikoden IV and V's Opening Movies lacked the Suikoden feel I had when I played Suikoden 2 and 3. 2's opening movie was just great with the anime feel but with a touch of cgi here and there and the fabulous music. 3's had more of a serious approach and more on anime but there is still hint of cgi (mostly those insect things in Suikoden3 were cgi, from where Franz lived). I find them more appealing and more beautiful than any all-out cgi attempt on Suikoden.

What do you guys think?
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to indefinitely agree.

The anime style openings always look so well drawn and the animation is far superior. I wish the introductions would be entirely anime style as opposed to having CGI as I think the anime looks so professionally done and it gives a greater impact for first impression. I also feel that they convey more emotion and I like getting emotionally involved straight from the start.

I especially loved the introduction to SIII, although the Suikogaiden are games I have not played, the Suikogaiden introductions are pretty intense and interesting.

So yeah, I can only hope for a return of this kind of Suikoden introduction.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love it, too.

The CG one's look fine, but it's the music I want to improve. Suikoden V's opening music doesn't have the same effect as Suikoden II's and Suikoden III's

I prefer anime to CG, anyway. Anime shows more emotion.

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Certainly anime introductions rock, especially with the awesome keltic/ancient songs they use for the intro's.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definitely like for Suikoden VI to have an anime opening like in SIII. I absolutely loved that intro and the music it had was simply great. I thought it matched the intro quite well. The thing with IV and V's opening music is that they're just not as intense as the ones in previos games. In fact, I think that they are overly laid back in terms of how it felt. I'm not saying that they're not beautiful songs, just that the opening theme should be intense so that it grabs the player inmediately.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The opening for Suikoen III was magnificent and if they could do anything that was remotely similar in terms of conveying emotion or feeling it would be wonderful.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i for sure would love to see another anime opening movie. suikoden 3 by far has the best opening video. in my opion it was cause of the video was in anime which made it so much cooler.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, definently in favor 9of having a new Anime Style movie. Those were the phat. Just plain great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My thoughts echo many others here. I found Suikoden 3's intro to be one of the best ever in any game and most definitely the best in Suikoden. I imagine it would cost a lot to get that since they have to pay for artists to do it.. Suikoden IV and V were cheap since it was all done with the in-game engine.

I for one would like to see some effort put into the intro movie, anime or not... just as long as they put some effort into it.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the music from suikoden iv to v the music of the opening themes were a bit laid back and especially in v where the music seemed just wrong for the opening movie. But maybe that's just me being a bit too picky in the choice of music. But still an anime style opening intro would convey more emotion and show more of the characters better than just showing the character's in game full portrait ala suikoden v.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not at all a selling point for me. Id watch it once, it'd be nice, eh, then that'd be it. Openings arent really that important to me, in fact I could live without an opening and go straight to the game.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would be extremely happy if they did this.

It annoys me that more and more games, which once had such beautiful animated openings, are now turning everything into 3-d models.
I remember looking at Lunar the first time, and getting really excited at the animated movies within the game. As I played more RPGs, I was really into just watching the opening with the animation. Xenogears is still the one I think that pulled off the 2-d and 3-d combination the best.
When I saw Suikoden 3's animated opening, I would just continue to watch it, without pressing the button several times. I still like to watch it even now, and I like watching the Gaiden openings as well. When I first got Suikoden VI, I was pretty disappointed there was no animated opening. To me, 2d animation is a beautiful art, which is becoming lost to the 3d animation. I really was hoping Suikoden would of kept the tradition of having 2-d aspects to it, but it seemed to stop at 3. I'd be just happy to see an animated opening, like Suikoden 3, and then leave it as that.
Sadly though, I don't really see this happening. Unless Konami suddenly got a storm of letters, requesting this, I really don't see it happening.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
When I first got Suikoden VI, I was pretty disappointed there was no animated opening.

Do you have a Time Machine? :P

I know what you mean. Yeah, I was disappointed because it was all from that first trailer. There was nothing new to the video.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They already told us that the first trailer is the opening video. No surprises there.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
They already told us that the first trailer is the opening video. No surprises there.

They didn't tell me! :P

I don't recall ever hearing that. I suppose that's how they got it to be over 10 minutes long.

Well, we can all hope that Suikoden VI will have an anime opening. It probably won't happen, but we can hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: