Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

About the Beast Rune...slight spoiler about Ernst
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: About the Beast Rune...slight spoiler about Ernst Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well after recruiting Ernst it made me thing a little about the beast Rune. Sorry if there is already a theory about this.

Anyway could it be possible all the other races in the suikoden world(beavers,kobold etc) were all once decendants of humans where transformed by the beast rune? If a lesser rune of the beast rune can change Ernst what more of the beast rune itself
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasnt Luca Blights family rune also called the beast rune?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it wasn't their rune though. it traveled to harmonia to the castle in highland. that is the true beast rune one of the 27 true runes. the beast rune that ernst has, has nothing to do with the true beast rune from what's said on a different topic here.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er i think you miss the point of the thread. Basically im theorising that maybe the reason we have talking beavers,kobolds etc is becouse of the beast rune.

As for the rune ernst has i recall reading in game it was a lesser rune of the beast rune. Similar to the fire rune being the lesser rune of of the true fire rune
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's possible, but not necessary. Beavers, kobolds, etc., could have come to exist in exactly the same ways humans did. But, that would explain why humans so completely dominate the earth; they've been around longer. Oh my... this could potentially excite more genocidal activity in the Suikoden world. The Godwins just thought that humans were superior. Imagine what might happen if they learned that humans were the "root species."

However, if this is true, one has to wonder about the elves and dwarves. They're certainly not "beasts." Perhaps humans, elves, and dwarves were the original three species? Would that make some of the animal species descended from elves or dwarves? Or did elves and dwarves start off human, but were influenced by other True Runes (possibly True Wind and True Earth)?

Anyway, it's certainly an interesting theory. I doubt it's true, simply because kobolds could be a sentient form of canine just as humans are a sentient form of primate, but it's certainly possible. I also doubt that we'll ever know for sure. But you never know... maybe when we finally get to see Harmonia from the interior, Hikusaak (if he still exists) might enlighten us with tidbits of information about the world's past, just as Luc did with information about the world's future. And if Hikusaak is in possession of such information, it very well might explain his eugenic tendencies...
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As for the rune ernst has i recall reading in game it was a lesser rune of the beast rune. Similar to the fire rune being the lesser rune of of the true fire rune

as that goes it's a translation error from what sars said in an other topic.

but it would be pretty interesting if that theory was true that why we having talking animals is cause of the beast rune. possible but highly doubtful.

Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it's a translation error. I think it was supposed to be called the Animal Rune or something along those lines.

The True Beast Rune is a parent rune of the Boar rune, not the Beast Rune that's seen in SuikoV.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The True Beast Rune is a parent rune of the Boar rune, not the Beast Rune that's seen in SuikoV.

i never heard it was a parent rune to the boar rune. is that officially confirmed or some thing?

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What does the boar Rune have to do with the Beast Rune anyways??

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beavers and Kobolds didn't evolve under the influence of True Runes, they were placed on Earth by God exactly as they are today 6,000 years ago. Har har har.

Seriously, though, the power of the Runes may have played some part in the evolution of the Suikoverse. It's weird, though, along the lines of my little one-liner there. Most real-life stories equivalent to the Suikoden sword-and-shield story have been dismissed as primitive hocus-pocus, and science tends to show us that the Earth is X million years old, with life arising gradually and naturally. In Suikoden, though, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the sword-and-shield Creation story is entirely true, not metaphorical of anything. The "magical" or in our world "primitive" elements to the typical Creation myths are actually tangible in Suikoden, as in, there are actually magic Runes hanging out on Earth (or whatever the planet is called). Also, it would appear that the world actually is only a few thousand years old in Suikoden. Weird. A world where life actually did spring up as the result of a divine wish, but where scientists spend their days independantly inventing the elevator over and over again.

I also had another unrelated thought about the Beast Rune. Briefly: the Dragon Rune allows dragons to exist in "our" world, and if it didn't have a host, the dragons would return to the World of Wings and Scales, right? (Something along those lines). Maybe the Beast Rune is responsible for allowing beasts/monsters into our world? Ha ha, maybe?

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Quote:

i never heard it was a parent rune to the boar rune. is that officially confirmed or some thing?

I read that off of John's site thierstar.com. You should ask him where he got that info from. I just assumed it was true.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well if it is off his site then i can believe it.

Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I belive that Beast Rune is representative to Fauna. All animals and beasts in Suikoworld. I can't think of nothing else.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now this raises a question...which True Rune did the Animal Rune (beast rune in english) come from? It seems that all runes came from a True rune, whether it's a rune you can buy at a runemaster's store or if it's a one-of-a-kind rune. Hmm...I wonder...

The Boar Rune derives from the True Beast Rune because...well...a boar is a beast...or so I'm guessing.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously, WHERE did they state that whatever rune Ernst has is not related to the True Beast Rune(for the lack of a better name) that Higland has? It COULD be a spawn of that rune you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: