Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What if life was more like a RPG?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: What if life was more like a RPG? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh??
http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/nohfirth_wulfe_-_instantrp g.wmv

Found it somewhere....

All the way to the edge of this world
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

omg...it's the washing machine of doom!

*sees this translated into her life...shambling hordes of demanding customers!!*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OOOooohhhh boy. ^^; You know whoever made that happens to have a point with random encounters though. *Coughs*WASHINGMACHINE*Coughs*

I was going to come in here and say my life at this University feels like an RPG sometimes... mainly because it's so GREEN here compared to home. x_x It's like going on an adventure every time I decide to walk instead of taking the bus to get from the dorms to my uni's campus. o.o; But that's what I get for living in a huge city.

^^; That and the fact that something growled at me from within the forest so I ran like a little yellow-bellied chicken, that I did... and quite fast for someone who's not good at running too x_x

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then we can have a reset botton. and cool BGM...

Fear the random encountered Washing Machine~

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rheo wrote:
Then we can have a reset botton. and cool BGM...

Fear the random encountered Washing Machine~

It also works to wear headphones while running by the forests... x_x There's the cool background music although it may potentially cause some problems... you know, from the hidden biker who decides to honk at you with their little bicycle horn but you can't hear it and *WHAM* Collision. ^^; Hero vs. Bicycler.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If life was like an RPG? That would be cool.

The first thing I would make use of would be the SAVE facility. How cool would that be? ('Gee I didn't get any of those lottery numbers? Oh well, all I have to do is start from my last save which was just before I bought my lottery ticket and then to pick the correct numbers this time'). Cool.

Plus I always thought it would be cool to have numbers appearing above your head when you get damaged. ('Damn I hit my head on that branch and did 12 damage to myself').

Plus being able to sleep in an inn and heal yourself of any and I repeat any wounds you may have suffered throughout that day. That's what I call a good nights sleep. :mrgreen:

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that was hilarious, thank you :)
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was funny, especially how the dude was in a awaying mostion after battle started--just like the recent 3D RPGs.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moody_Mage wrote:

Plus I always thought it would be cool to have numbers appearing above your head when you get damaged. ('Damn I hit my head on that branch and did 12 damage to myself').

If there were numbers above the head for each injury taken in the day I'm surprised I've not fallen to anything but sleep. :roll: I live in a dorm with a lofted bed... and the desk is beneath it... not to mention you can even SIT UP on the bed itself without hitting your head. ;D *Hits head; -29HP!*
Jebus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha. That was awesome. Would it be good or bad to say that was the highlight of my day?

Heh, I'm boring. :D

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what kind of file? it loads to slow.
I'm sorry i cannot enjoy what you share.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair, it's a Windows Media Player file (2,967 megabytes). For some odd reason, certain programs don't recognize my broadband connection to the internet and adamantly demand I dial-up if I try to stream the file. But I've found saving the file to my computer eliminates all that hassle.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin wrote:

It also works to wear headphones while running by the forests... x_x There's the cool background music although it may potentially cause some problems... you know, from the hidden biker who decides to honk at you with their little bicycle horn but you can't hear it and *WHAM* Collision. ^^; Hero vs. Bicycler.

Yes! Thats an idea~
I almost got run over by a biker last week, heh. I dont know which side should I dodge (I slept for 2 hours the night before, I was basically walking around the campus like a zombie), and it took that girl a loooong time to decide whether she should brake or turn. So the bike ran into me head on -.- lucky for me, she decided to brake a few minutes before I was hit, and she wasnt going really fast to begin with.

Even cooler, a biker vs car. I just watched a friend of mine driving, she almost ran over a biker, almost crashed another car, made illegal u-turn, and then almost ran over 2 little elementary school kids -.-

Anyone remembered the FF7 commerical?
"If you succeed, the world is save;
if you fail, you can Always. Press. The reset botton. "
(its so hilarious because the commerical guy said those in such a serious tone)
I wish life do have a reset botton -.-

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid, That was hilarious, I loved the bit when the guy used his fire magic :lol:
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i thought it was very funny! especially the voice acting, and the "bouncing" while in battle!

the only time life ever feels like an RPG is when i walk the back fields into the neighbouring suburb - there's a river path to follow, lots of weeds to knock down, and there's apparantly snakes - i'm lucky! i'm not at a high enough lv to defeat a snake with a stick!

another time was when i fell over in my friend's yard. i tripped on her dog. she wrapped a bandage around my knee (a cloth one), and for some reason, it just looked like i was a whacked out supporting character style type.

um, yes. i don't think i can look at whitegoods in quite the same manner. :o
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: