Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Raging Nostrum Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Raging Nostrum Questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. For example, let's say Mathias ( just using him for example ) took Raging Nostrum next to Isabel, . Now you know how Mathias is devoted to Isabel and all right? Would that mean if he took it that Mathias would immeaditely attack Isabel for no reason? Does one know who they're attacking when taking RN or not? I also wonder the same thing if Lyon did it right next to "Faroush" of if Belcoot took it right next Marina.

2. I know that they didn't, but is it possible to speak once you take it?

3. And does anyone have pictures of (Highlight for SPOILERs) Alenia & Zahhak when they "rage"?

4. Speaking of those two, do you think they knew what RN would do to them? I'm actually mixed on this part.

3. Who made the drug in the first place? They must be one sick SOB.

4. Possibly with the help of Murad, could there be an antidote made for RN and perhaps if someone did take it that they can take it in enought time before the "death sentence" effect occurs?
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding #2, I recall Childerich saying something after taking the drug. It went something like this:

Quote:
Childerich: Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! (etc)

I think he also said "I will kill you!" I'm not sure if it's possible to carry on a normal conversation, but apparently it's possible to speak!

Regarding #4, I remember Murad leaving a note in the comment box saying an antidote was possible, but it might be difficult to administer if the person "took it of their own will."
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding question 1, I have to assume that you'd know who you were fighting. You don't go completely berserk. The reason I suggest this is because of the battle with Alenia and Zahak in Sol Falena (ending spoliers).

The first question 4 about those two -- I think they did know. They are Queen's Knights, they aren't stupid, misguided yes, but not stupid. That said, I have no proof about it outside of the fact that they are smart and it is conceivable that they would take this to protect Gizel. They were loyal to him.... it isn't out of the question.

I guess question 5 (though you labeled it as 3 again) -- probably just a member of Nether Gate discovered the use of that particular drug -- I don't bellieve Lyon ever explained who it was though...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding the 2nd question:
I distinctly remember Childrich sprouting some taunts in the duel against him. If he could think well enough to do taunts, I guess that the Raging Nostrum does not limit one's ability to speak and reason and, rather, amplifies their primal instincts so that they prefer not to speak.

Regarding the 5th question:
Sagiri wrote in the Comment Box that the Raging Nostrum was a product created by the Nether Gate Research Department (and the leader of that particular department would be... in one of the Old Books). I am also sure that Oboro also commented on that if you talked to him, saying that it originally was not that powerful and did not cause death, only exhaustion.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

keep in mind that when you fight zahhak and alenia, they also take it without turning on each other, so it would seem that the 'rage' induced doesn't affect judgement to the point that you attack anyone nearby, just those you intend to.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: