Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is Hugo's Dad?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Who is Hugo's Dad? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many people have wondered who exactly Hugo's dad is. Our site even has a speculation page dedicated to this topic at http://www.suikox.com/spec
However, the truth remains a mystery.

Seeing that Konami would probably never tell us the truth, I think it would be fair to say we can make this bit of information up. It can be a "localized fact." So, tell me who you may think is Hugo's real daddy. Tell me why you think so. After a while, I'll make a poll where we can vote. The winner will be SARS' official Hugo-dad!

Some pointers--
1) Hugo's black tipped portion of his hair comes from his dad.
2) Hugo's dad was a "kind man" according to Lucia.
3) Hugo was born after the Dunan Unification War, thus, Lucia may have gotten pregnant during the said war.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Lucia's baby daddy is random Karayan #46-b. I don't think we've met him and I don't think he has enough importance to the plotline to warrant being met.

Or, failing that, if it is someone we've seen before, I say it was Hans Cunningham.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca, of course ^_^

But...maybe not. All I can think of is...well, nothing, really. I would say Sasarai, but he has brown hair. So does Riou. Jowy has blonde hair. Luca isn't "nice," and I don't think those in the millitary saw that in him, either. Likely not anyone in Riou's army. Maybe Neclord? Huh, huh?

I'm clueless. Granted, I'm thinking of guys around Lucia's age. I can't see her getting with Han or any of the older guys. But it could happen, I guess.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm my first instict would be to say jowy. But i dont think thats in jowy's charector. It wouldent be beecham obvisouly (although one would think so since he is the only other one named in s2 from karaya)

I am going to have go with Sophita's statement that MR. #46-b fits the bill

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He may have been important in some way,
atleast to Lucia I would imagine.

However, I think that Hugo is meant to show a child raised by a community.

It goes towards the cultural aspect of his origin,
and for what it is worth,
it seems to fit with the typical Suikoden hero trait,
of only having one known (to us) parent.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess is that it is just some random Karayan warrior. But if it dose end up being someone we know, then I'd say either Jowy or Hans Cunningham.

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clearly the answer is Bob.

Just look at the evidence:

1) He has black hair.
2) SOMEBODY had to let Lucia into the castle so she could assassinate Riou, and Lucia being one sexy lady probably used that to her advantage and went after that "dog" Bob.
3) Bob is the very similar to the Karayans, so Lucia could have identified with him.
4) Hugo is a Lycanthrope (it didn't come up much in the game, but trust me...)
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maximillian Quixote wrote:

1) He has black hair.
2) SOMEBODY had to let Lucia into the castle so she could assassinate Riou, and Lucia being one sexy lady probably used that to her advantage and went after that "dog" Bob.
3) Bob is the very similar to the Karayans, so Lucia could have identified with him.

You are so right. I can't believe I was so blind!

Didn't someone prove that it couldn't be Luca, because Luca was dead by the time that Lucia joined Jowy? I can't remember that part in the game off hand, but I'm pretty sure she joined to help /Jowy,/ and not Luca. Right?
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) He has black hair.

I also think it's him, this evidence convinced me!
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In what way is Hugo a lycanthrope?
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG! BOB/LUCIA! OTP! OTP!

Wait a dark falutin' minute, though - Was it possible for Bob to even be recruited when Lucia comes a knockin'? He's a whiny one - I know he won't join for quite a while. So perhaps it's not him.

What we need is someone who was desperate. Someone who had a weakness for the ladies. Someone who could be near a door AND near the prison doors later to let her out. That means the only person on the alliance side it could be would be Hoi. Think about it. :p

(Yes, I'm joking.)

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bob can be recruited WAY before Lucia tries to kill Riou... You just need to have 80 characters to recruit him. Very easy...
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
In what way is Hugo a lycanthrope?

You have to read between the lines a little, but it's pretty obvious. I mean, you don't actually believe a NON-lycanthrope could have survived prolonged exposure to both Lulu AND Lilly?! Come on now, who are you trying to fool...
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bob: Yes, it could be Bob and well he is from the Grasslands as well so he could be working as a spy for Karaya. Although he does not fit the "kind man" category.

Not a Karayan. I do not believe it to be a Karayan. Why? Simply because I haven't seen a single Karayan with black hair, so it is possible that Lucia mated with a Highlander and not a Karayan during the war. There seem to be a few people from Highland with black hair, she could've met any random Highlander during the war and fell in love with the "kind man" with black roots.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber wrote:
Not a Karayan. I do not believe it to be a Karayan. Why? Simply because I haven't seen a single Karayan with black hair...

Luce has black hair.

John Layfield wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: