Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

108: The Number in Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl seems to feel the same and I can say I never see numerial patterns... That sounds said in some way, but I am not the number-guy who is especially aware of upcoming numbers. I belong to the group that is more affected to words. I am aware of words and I know when they are used at some days more often than on others. This is of course only a coincidence, but I see it. For example I recognised "hydra" used in 4 different articles or texts and in one tv-show and the word was only meant twice for the same description. You know what I mean? Once as the mythological creature and twice for an investment firm and once for a famous sportsman and I believe one or two other things.

The Fool
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that DOES explain how they got the 108 stars...

I'll be sure to use that as one of my random numbers now that I know how much significance it carries.

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

108 is an important number.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/108_%28number%29

This wikipedia link, if it works, will show you just why (consider buddhist and hinduist religions).
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know maybe 108 was in our lifes before we played suikoden but we didn't notice it. Now that we played suikoden we notice the number. Even when I see a 54 I say: "Hey 54 x 2= 108" When I'm in school and the Match teacher do something that ends up in 108 I say "Oh 108 like in suikoden". But if I didn't played suikoden I would just see 108 and then say nothing.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not that it is appearing more, it's just that you notice it more often becasue your remembering the number. It's just chace that this happen, and more than likey would happen just as much had you not played the game. You just would group the number 108 with anything else, so it would just be a number.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's see in World of Warcraft my current character's Damage Per Second is 108 in my normal gear without a helmet, I don't normally use a helmet with stats because I have the oh so awesome Red Santa Hat.

On an episode of Stargate SG-1 today 108 is the number of hours they had until the Stargate was destroyed, until a failed plan cut it down to around 72 hours.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a score of 108 in a game of darts yesterday.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always notice 108 if ever it appears somewhere. Whether it's 1:08 pm or a page in a book, i always take note of what's in there. Sometimes, even if it's not mentioned, i check the page to see what's in there.

I also notice than many equations in Algebra or Geometry include 108. Did you notice that 27 * 4 = 108? It's definitely affected me in some way. At least that's one mark of A Suikoden fan that will last for a VERY long time...

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, sometimes I notice it when I look at the time, a page in a book, stats/EXP/damage/etc in games, or when I see random numbers here and there, like in bar codes and such. But I don't make a big deal out of it, it's just another number and I see many numbers in a day. :p However, when I see my favorite number(256) I do notice it and I'm like yay~ :mrgreen: And when I see my least favorite number(263) I think something bad's gonna happen. Yeah, I'm weird. :/

But whenever I'm on page 108 or 256 on a book, I re-read the page and hope something good happens on it. xD Yeah... :p

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Judo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, I do notice it alot actually, in books, games, car numbers, phone numbers, time, etc.

Speaking of which, one of my summer classes this year is in room 108 ^^;

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i noticed the number 108 during my playtime in Suikoden 5 today.....
the Hero just killed some kind of weird enemy that has a high physical defense somewhere... (i forgot) with a hit of 108
character status in Suikoden...
and another one is in a page of books... :)

Last edited by Flamo Bringer on Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember another Suikoden fan being the 108th person to view my deviantart page. They even left a comment.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Vertius wrote:
Do you ever find that, after playing some Suikoden games, you see the number 108 very often.

Now that you mention it i honestly cannot say i have encountered this yet! Am i the only one?

Nope, I'm the same. Can't say that I've ever had any real "108 moment". Though, after reading this topic I'm sure I'll keep an eye out for next time.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The badguy from Tron wrote:
I sometimes see 108 here and there, but usually I see 666 more often, like when i level up, only 666 more exp. to go, or when i buy something, i have 666 potch/gil/whatever left, and when i attack, the amount of damage is 666. should i be afraid?

Yeah I notice 666 a lot, but I love it. It's the metal in me heheh. About 108 though, I'm playing through The Legend of Dragoon, and there's so much talk about the 108 species of the world. It's kind of annoying because every time I see the number I only think of Suikoden.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Using Google I got

Results 1 - 9 of about 108 for Fudozukushi

lol

Recently I also got a 108 crit heal in World of Warcraft three times in a row, I'd post the pic but cannot due to some oddities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: