Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xseed - Good New RPG publisher or No...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Xseed - Good New RPG publisher or No... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After I realized that the Wild Arms 4 publisher is not sony that put out 3 or Agetec that just released Alter Code F, I found out this Xseed company just officially started publishing RPGs with WA4 and will be putting out shadow hearts:FTNW(japanese edition was solid), which obviously got dropped by midway after poor sales of the first 2 games of the series.

Is Xseed going to be a full time rpg publisher like say working designs and put out good products very slowly just enough to please the fans and stay in business or do they make their own stuff? speaking of which, how the hell dose that company put out about 20k copies of a game every two years which only sell out 70% at most(both figures are my guess, but feel free to prove me wrong), yet they can afford to spend so much time and energy(=money) over delay after delay for one project...

on Xseed site it said "the team launched several multi-million seller titles and many quality Japanese titles in multiple genres across the PlayStation®, PlayStation 2 and PC platforms." but I couldn't find any title they developed and it seems wild arms 4 will be the first game they ever published, did they used to be known as something else in japan?

Anyways it's good to see a new company doing RPGs as they are starting off with what seems to be two pretty good ones, hopefully they won't be mass producing the titles they publish like crazy, but if nothing else both wild arms 4 and shadow hearts seems to have a very short turn around time from it's japanese release, a quarter less than a year for releases from a publishing only company is right up there with square and way better than atlus or NIS for even their own games.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

XSEED is made of ex-Squaresoft North America team members btw. They certainly know their rpgs.

Here's a recent interview:

http://www.rpgland.com/interviews/xseedint2.html
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too early to tell. Personally, I hope the best for them, because they're bringing Shadow Hearts: To the New World to the U.S., and otherwise I would never get to play it. I'll certainly be doing what I can to convince them to port any future installments by buying a copy for myself. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THey just started out so there's no way of telling if there good or not. But they do have good intentions, such ass bringing in games from Japan that may not have a "large fanbase" here in NA. Besides there only publishers so it's ot like we can blame them for the quality of the games, the only wrong they could do is delay products for so long (like Working Designs did) or bring out mediocre and bad games from over-seas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: