Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ace Combat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Ace Combat Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone besides me ever played this series? The newest installment came out a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. A unique universe, gorgeous graphics, and great game play. I've been a big fan of the series for a long time and the plot lines in the latest two are as engaging as most RPGs I've ever played. If you're interested in finding out more here are a couple of links to trailers which look like they could go to a movie.

AC:Zero http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2154

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never played any of the Ace Combat games...it's been a long time since I allowed myself to be drawn into the flight simulator scene. In fact, it's been since TIE Fighter...or maybe one of the later StarFox titles...I don't know if StarFox 64 was before or after TIE Fighter...but I guess that's entirely beside the point.

I might as well play the bloody games through, I've seen enough of them from watching you play to convince me that they're worthwhile.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're nice I'll copy you my save file with my laser plane.

We're so bad and mean
We're the Spaceballs!

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds like a rampage is about to unleash itself upon a variety of unwary video game foes, who foolishly believe themselves safe inside the cockpits of their lesser aircraft. I'm still not sure how they got a laser with a 360 degree arc on the plane, nor am I certain how they load them up with 80 missiles in one payload...but I can suspend belief.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have Ace Combat 4,5,0 for the PS2. I love the series. Awesome air combat and I always loved the stories. I just got the new one, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War. I am enjoying it. I am busy so I haven't beat it yet, but I know I am near the end. I don't think the story is as good as 4 and 5, but it is a good story. Ace Combat is an excellent series.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please refresh my memory. The Belkan War is supposed to be the war which started it all, correct? Also, was Ace Combat 4 the one with Moebius One and Yellow Thirteen?

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although the new Ace Combat series on PS2 were very fun to play, none of them are as good as Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere (original Japanese version and not the one released for North America and Europe). AC3: Electrosphere had a very good developed story akin to the established and respectable RPG series, it had also awesome Anime cutscenes, mutiple ending possibilities and an interesting soundtrack. But most of all the story and the plots were awesome, to which AC4 and 5, with sporadic exceptions, are not comparable.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a huge fan of the Ace Combat games, though unfortunately my enthusiasm doesn't accurately represent my skill at the games--I'm terrible. I'm somewhere around mission 9 or 10 in AC:5 and I just can't win. I gave up completely on AC:04 and I promised myself I wouldn't get Zero until I beat 5.

If it's any consolation, I love the music the most. It's rare to find a non-RPG with enthralling music, but the AC series has it in spades.
Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you stuck in 5 on the rescue Nagase mission? Because that is one of the hardest ones in the game.

I have beat Zero by going down all the three paths and unlocking all the cinematics and got the two super planes. The Morgan's laser isn't as good as the Falkens but it fires burst missiles like the Hrimfaxi did in 5 which are insanely good against both land and air targets.

As far as the games before 4 go well I've never been able to find them but if I had I would have played them. I can't comment in comparison to three but I thought the way that 5 advanced was great. No multiple endings but you got a real feel for your wingmen and support characters and the emotions involved in the overall conflict. If I had to pick I'd say that was my favorite out of the series even with the lack of flexibility as far as payload went in your individual planes.

We're so bad and mean
We're the Spaceballs!

Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Please refresh my memory. The Belkan War is supposed to be the war which started it all, correct? Also, was Ace Combat 4 the one with Moebius One and Yellow Thirteen?

The Belkan War takes place 15 years before Ace Combat 5. Ace Combat 4 is the one with Moebius One and Yellow Thirteen. Ace Combat 5 and Zero are the only Ace Combats that I can think of that are related story wise. Ace Combat 4 was a seperate story all in its own world.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vader wrote:
Scrooge McDuck wrote:

The Belkan War takes place 15 years before Ace Combat 5. Ace Combat 4 is the one with Moebius One and Yellow Thirteen. Ace Combat 5 and Zero are the only Ace Combats that I can think of that are related story wise. Ace Combat 4 was a seperate story all in its own world.

No Ace Combat 3, 4, 5 and 0 are all related to eachother, though not always obvious. Ace combat 4 is in the same world as 5 and 0, but it just takes place on a different continent. In fact Erusian aces (yellow aces) make their appearance in Ace Combat 5 and probably 0 also. Also 3 is somehow connected, though the big difference is that it takes place in the future when the continent where AC4 took place is united in single federation (United States of EurAsia-USEA),, with a New United Nations NUN, a peace enforcement organisation UPEA and her special forces SARF, and powerfull corporations which have their own defense armaments, including fighterjets.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa, the Yellow Aces appeared in Ace Combat 5? I can't seem to remember... Where? I have to pay more attention to subtleties like this...

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use to play Ace Combat 2 and 3... but i only played it with my cousin....
now, i don't really play them as i don't really like them XD
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooh, an ace combat thread!

I'm a big Ace Combat enthusiast. Post-PSX Ace Combat enthusiast, anyway. I'm still to play the PSX ones, but as for 4, 5 and Zero, I finished them all.

I didn't like Zero much, though, since I thought it focused too much on action and didn't have as much story as 4 and 5 did. Now, 5... that's the perfect Ace Combat. 4 isn't far behind though.

How's you people's flight techniques? I tend to focus on showing off and looking cool, though this mostly leads to my demise :mrgreen:

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only major experience in the Ace Combat series I have is with Ace Combat 5... but I was very impressed with that game. I played it almost all the way to the end and had a pretty good time doing so... which is very rare with me since I hardly play anything outside of the worlds of RPGs and Fighting Games.

Rune Walsh wrote:
How's you people's flight techniques? I tend to focus on showing off and looking cool, though this mostly leads to my demise

lol... unless it's a very, very basic mission my flying style is really utilitarian. I hardly ever do anything flashy because the second I try to I usually end up dying or running out of time or whatever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: