Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lyon's Eyes *Spoilers More Than Likely*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Lyon's Eyes *Spoilers More Than Likely* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Upon reading the one investigation of Lyon by Oboro, he mentions that the most intriguing thing about her is her eyes. Assuming that Lyon is the young girl from the intro, her eyes seemed to have changed color from when she was young. However, I haven't been able to find any additional info about Lyon in-game, such as the circumstances of her being found by Ferid, or what occurred to change her eye color. Are there hidden scenes, or are these things simply hinted at? I was looking forward to have more revealed about Lyon near the end of the game, but I wasn't impressed with what they tell you about her.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did Dolph say something about her eyes changing and something. And anyway don't eyes always tend to change
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may be wrong, but I think there was too much emphasis put on it for the eye-color change to just be a natural thing.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess is what he was getting at is the way a killer's eyes change. If you look at Dolph and Sagiri's eyes they're dull and vacant looking, without the shine of character or soul. Perhaps what was meant is that Lyon's eyes show part of that killer instinct but at the same time are very full of life as if she were a normal girl.

Her eye colour changed? I guess this could also be eluded to the training, blue eyes are often used to denote innocence, perhaps her eyes changing to brown are part of her hard life. Is it coincidence that both Dolph and Sagiri have brown lifeless eyes?

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could also simply be two different artists working on the varying coloring within the game haha. It's nice to think it was a planned thing though.

The whole idea of the assassins having brown eyes could work. We have no idea about Shugure, what about Oboro? I can't remember his, myself. Could be an assassin thing I suppose. I assume at the age and time Ferid found her she hadn't killed yet. She references in the game that she would have been a murderer by now if Ferid hadn't found her, anyway.
Weird occurance, anyhow.

-My DeviantArt-
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought that referred to the fact that she was a killer. It's always been said that you can tell a lot about a person by the look in their eyes. I had assumed that was what Oboro meant. Being he was from that place originally, he knew better than most and was commenting on how he saw something familiar there.

Or, maybe he's just in love with her big eyes and finds them physically attractive.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Prince Falenas

Tinto Dragons (Formerly Falenan Dragons)

156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
I always thought that referred to the fact that she was a killer. It's always been said that you can tell a lot about a person by the look in their eyes. I had assumed that was what Oboro meant. Being he was from that place originally, he knew better than most and was commenting on how he saw something familiar there.

He specifically said 'the color of her eyes', iirc.

Thanks, Dew Dust!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh that is true. I guess it's that her eyes are a normal colour, not like the others who have black eyes as others had mentioned.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Normal color? Her eyes are purple. What color are they in the introduction? Even looking at different screenshots and artwork, the exact color isn't really all that consistent. They look like a dark blue in some.

Oboro mentions something about what sticks in his mind most was the color of her eyes, and mentions that the Prince should know what he means. I'll have to watch the introduction again to see if I notice a color change, but I tend to assume that it's just because her eyes are an unusal color. Who knows, I could be wrong? Maybe there's a side effect from the drugs that they tend to take or something?
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it has something more on the shade of the color of her eyes. The trailer shows little Lyon to have somewhat dark-green eyes. Her eyes right now are blue. I think the point made about the lifeless eyes was more accurate... Since Lyon seems to have vibrant eyes yet a look of sadness within them...

That's what i think though. But when you bring up the speculation about those with blank brown eyes are killers, does that mean that Richard is one too? :shock:

Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All other people in that organization have dark eyes, like the older Lyon we see. I remember before the game came out that the director and his team mentioned several times about the character's eyes. For example, if you notice on Ferid, Gizel, Alenia, Zahhak, etc, they have a small red line under their eye on the corner of ther bottom eyelid. I think that was supposed to represent that they were not to join the 108 stars or something. Can't quite remember what I read back then.

Lyon also mentions that she "didn't get to be a queen's knights apprentice by her sparkling eyes". I figured it was some sort of drug that the assassins gave that would make their eyes seem lifeless and cold. PErhaps it's just a character thing. To me, though, her eyes are much more full of life in her younger years when they are green.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
I think it has something more on the shade of the color of her eyes. The trailer shows little Lyon to have somewhat dark-green eyes. Her eyes right now are blue. I think the point made about the lifeless eyes was more accurate... Since Lyon seems to have vibrant eyes yet a look of sadness within them...

That's what i think though. But when you bring up the speculation about those with blank brown eyes are killers, does that mean that Richard is one too? :shock:

I don't think Richard's eyes are blank... they're more gentle and friendly. Then again, there's a difference between being easygoing and being cold and stoic-faced like some assassin.

Come to think of it, they're not really brown either. Maybe more like amber.
Prince Falenas

Tinto Dragons (Formerly Falenan Dragons)

156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
"didn't get to be a queen's knights apprentice by her sparkling eyes"

Doesn't necessarily mean "didn't have sparkling eyes". Just means that's not how she got to be an apprentice.

Thanks, Dew Dust!
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could hint at many things but I really doubt we can go very far with whatever theories we can propose...since the game gives so little infomation about her eyes...and why the change colour over time....or why Oboro aka Shinatsu finds it striking...

If I am not mistaken, In real life..natural green eyes....will turn grey over time....but not whatever colour Lyon has now...
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey! Stop me if I'm wrong but...
There is nothing wrong with Lyon's eyes!
Her eyes are always the same, they are blues, that's all.

I really think that you're brainstorming for nothing!
In the opening, she already has her blues eyes, and during the game, she has blue eyes too.

I think that when Oboro say "The only thing I remember about Lyon when she was in the Nether Gate is her blue eyes, but you know what I mean..." it's only for her beautiful eyes.
And he think that the Prince agree with him about Lyon's eyes: "they are damn beautiful." that's why he say "but you know what I mean".

It's really what I think, there is not theory about changing eyes...

Lyon & Miakis *.* I love you both *.*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: