Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden3 final battle tips please!{Spoilers for S3}

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Suikoden3 final battle tips please!{Spoilers for S3} Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I need major help on the wind bird and the runes.heres the party I used
First row
Geddoe-Head-Killer rune
Right-True Fire rune
Left-Thunder rune
Leo-No runes
Secoend row
Hugo-Head-none
Right-True lighting rune
Left-Kille rune
Hallec-Head-Wrath rune
Third row
Edge-Head-none
Right-Thunder rune
Left-None
Landis-no runes
on another note there skills they are each perfect and have great armor and there weapons are each lvl 16 and there all over levl 55.
thanks.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try using the the four True Rune bearers (Geddoe, Hugo, Chris and Sasarai) and have Hugo mounted on Fubar. The sixth is up to you but I would reccomend Salome with shield rune and whatever other rune you want with his magic skills trained. He is a decent support mage but hes not as fragile as most others.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All righty I'll have to train Chris,Fubar,and Salome.(Never used them except when I had to :D )Thanks I'll try it out.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if i could make a suggestion......i wouldn't use all the True Rune Bearers cause they don't have sooooo good of attacks and magic will not help so much in this fight. Geddoe, Fubar(with dragon insense...thing), Hugo, Landis, female ninja?, and someone with water magic.

this might not work for you but for me it made everything quicker.Landis, Geddoe, and Fubar/Hugo in the front....can you do that i forget and then magic and female ninja in back. have landis and female ninja do comb attack.....if you have everything right should do 3000-4000 and take out the water one.

yep then it's smooth from there.

but i don't know it was just pure luck or a good line-up but it worked for me.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I may make a suggestion, I would advise you target the True Water Rune first, then the True Earth Rune. These two targets make the battle a real pain if you let them do their thing.

Also take as many characters as possible who have long range attacks and spells, which is essential in taking out the True Water and Earth Runes. Once those two are out of the way, you can either take out the remaining runes or just concentrate on the True Wind Rincar.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forget about Sasarai, unless you want another character with a good rating in water magic (a Mother Earth is more useful, since two of True Earth's spells are useless in the final battle). Other than that, just use the better characters that have good magic defense.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

all the true rune holders alia and thomas will own some runebird. In fact it will be original recipe!!

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just keep a good Water Rune user (or two, for backup) and up everyone's Magic Resistance skill, I think this final boss battle is as easy as any.

Of course, additional things like Shield's Battle Oath and Lvl 16 weapons help a lot.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarasai really helped in my final battle. It was not so much of using the True Earth Rune that helped as the Flowing Rune did. Being able to use Mother Ocean more than once is a life saver...in more than one way.

Someone mentioned taking out the True Water Rune first. This would be possible is movement was available. I fits took out the front rune...which was either the True Fire or True Lightning Rune. Then, with haste, finish off the True Water Rune. Then take out the other True Runes, which will be easier (not neccessarily easy!). Afterwards, keep healing when neccessary adn attack with all your might.

Big NOTE: Have you noticed Twaikin's MDF? It is extremely high! Paired up with one of the most damaging ATK's, he is the most genuine "Mage Killer" out of all the characters. In other words, try using him!

I'm trying to finish SIII for a second time. I'm thinking of using the Franz/Ruby Mounted. Ruby has a very high MDF. Does Magic Defense accumulate on Mounted?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Taking out the True Water Rune first is most definitely possible, though a long-range fighter is best equipped to do so. I initially went after the True Fire and Lightning Runes, but the True Water Rune would always restore them within a round of them being taken out, and the end result was my party being decimated.

It's been a while since I played that part of Suikoden III, so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details, but I believe Jacques could be a good choice for a long range attacker. Though the long range attacks don't necessarily have to be confined to physical attacks, magical attacks will work just as well against the True Water and Earth Runes. Though physical attacks will be more effective if the True Earth Rune gets a chance to put up it's magical defenses. (I wonder if it's possible to silence the runes...)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks guys I beat the freaking bird thanks to the useful tips everyone gave me hers the team I beat it with

Hugo
Fubar
Sasarai
Geddoe
Landis
Jacques

once again thanks I've finally beaten the 3rd Suikoden for the first time now for the long wait for Suikoden4. :D
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You need a character with powerful magic with flowing equiped to sit behind and save your neck if any characters die. Sasarai does that fine.

If you used Leo, give him a fury or something... Or at least a killer...

Similarly for Hallec.

Hugo's magic sucks. Giving him True lightning is a waste... Giving him true fire is a waste anyway... In fact, having him use magic is a waste. His swing kicks ass. Use it.

And from your party, you SO lack healing... Aila with Shield and Sasarai with Flowing would complete your healing endeavours.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix already defeated the final boss three days prior to your post, Kobold. No offense, but there might be no point in giving him advice when he already managed to beat the boss.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh... I obviously missed out his post... Well then, this topic can be closed and destroyed if that's the case...
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I used a party much like this, for those who care, even though he beat the boss

Chris(True Water) Edge(Thunder, drain, what ever) Futch(lightning)
Hugo(True Fire) Sassari(True Earth, Flowing) Geddoe(True lightning)

Just have the front line attack, Hugo cast hell fire, Sassari cast canopy defense, and have geddoe take out the water rune with Hammer of Raijjin, and then take out the earth rune, always replace the canopy defense, or heal with sassari if the reincarnation does physical, and then by that time the lightning rune should be tooken out, the consentrate all on the fire rune, still maintaining the defense, then when he does his 5 spell attack, use Chris to revive anbody fallen, the rest is downhill.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: