Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why Rina is so good... according to SARS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rina was good, and I loved her tarot card animation ( swing! ), but I never used her past Luca. Why? There were better people for her purpose.

USE ONE: "Magic user with decent physical attack / defense"
Tir is clearly better. Apart from the fact that one slot cannot be changed ( oh no, not the soul eater... *sarcasm* ), he is superior in every way. His magic is stronger, he has better affiliation with most runes, and he gets 3 level 4 spells.

On the physical front, his DEF and MDF are far superior, he can equip better armour, and his damage is better.

USE TWO: "Hunter rune for getting items"
I always use Stallion for this. He's the fastest in the game, and has better accuracy. I found Rina missing a lot, even without this rune. ( granted the hunter rune doesn't use the tech stat at all, but it's the prinicple! )

USE THREE: "Healing Mage / Support Mage / Hot Lady"
Karen. She gets three rune slots ( granted one is locked ) has better speed from memory, and has the best affiliation with the earth rune in the game... plus Karen is clearly hotter, and the classy battle starting animation!

Yeh so that's why I don't use her. With a back row of Riou - Karen - Tir, or Riou - Stallion - Tir, there is no room for Rina in my party. GRANTED none of those mentioned can do what this post is originally about, but this is an answer to all the further suggestions.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At first, I thought Rina was super ugly. then i looked at her again, and she wasnt that much hotter. but she's getting better. Still, I'd rather look at Annallee
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tomop and Luc have higher affinities with the Earth Rune than Karen, actually.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i'm just gonna counter the first point you raised. Sure Tir is WAY useful, and more useful than Rina in terms of regular gameplay. But you know what? There're other characters for Tir to replace instead of Rina. I cannot see in anyway how Karen and Stallion can be more useful than Rina. Yep... And then, we don't know your front row. If you're having three S range characters, it's kinda redundant because the super hitters are generally only deemed useful by people who don't have a clear analogy of character usage, of which i'm sure you're not like that since you actually analysed about this.

This means, you could have just removed one of your short range characters, throw Riou/Tir infront and keep Rina in.

Of course, there's the factor of personal prefrence, of which there is nothing else to debate about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: