Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Falenas royalty all boys and no girls as children
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Falenas royalty all boys and no girls as children Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was looking in the game and everything about it is the fact that all the queens had atlest one daughter. What would happen if a queen was not to have a daughter. They just gave birth to sons. Who would get the thrown then?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First daughter of the first son would be my guess. If that doesn't happen then a female relative of the Queen, niece or sister. If the Queen dies while a wife of a son is pregnant the Commander of the Queen's Knights would most likely rule until the birth if it's a daughter then the Commander of the Queen's Knights would rule until she comes of ruling age. If another son is born, then it might go back to female relatives of the Queen.

Of course it's all opinion.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prettymuch. Since its role reversal and in both China and Europe if a King(emporer) dies and the Prince is either none-existant or not of age the Queen(Emperial Mother) takes power. So if the Falenan Queen only had sons then died, the power would shift to the Queen's Knight until the heir apparent(eldest son by default, though the queen could deem a younger son the heir apparent) is old enough to marry, effectively making a new queen in his wife.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would go the offspring of the Aunt and the next closest female relative in an appropriate age and the line would start again from there. The chances that a female relative not more than 1st cousin is unlikely considering that the royal family has 2 kids. That's why Arhstat was so controversially put into power. Also why Sialeeds, Arshtat or Haswar could have been in line for queenship,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sawyer

Magi Force - Alpha Company-

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there was a queen who only had male heirs..i think the first male heir would be the Temporanty leader until he or any of the other male heirs have a female. They are the temp leader untill the new queen is of age.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty much like the Japanese royal family, except women instead of men. :?
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would imagine they would have a regency where the eldest son takes the throne "in the name of his future daughter the Queen" and all that good stuff. Regencies are funny like that- you can have them in the name of someone who doesn't exist.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a key difference (which is also an advantage) in having a queendom instead of a kingdom. The male's lineage is what determines whether the child is a male or female. So I would imagine that they would try their hardest to keep a family with a history of sons only away from the position of commander, through the screening process perhaps.

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's depend on the succession law. Here is several alternative based on my 'study' on succession lines in various royal families. Here is the wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession

-Semi 'Salic' Solution
In event when there is no female child from the current monarch, the line of succession will be taken by the eldest son of the monarch but after that the line will go to the female descendant of the son.
Example: Queen Margarethe II of Denmark, Maria Theresa of Austria.
Chance to happen at Falena: Looks like it unlikely to happen.

-'Salic' law
This is the one that used by the Japan Empire. In the case there is no female descendant from current monarch, then the throne will be succeded by another female line descendant of the royal family. For example if Arshtat did not have a daughter instead of son then the throne will be succed by Sialeeds and her female descendant.
Chance to happen at Falena: I guess this is what will be happen.

If we take the example from the England Royal Family, when Queen Anne of Great Britain dead, the throne was given to Georg I of Hanover which is 2nd cousin of the queen because the throne of Great Britain is not allowed to suceed by a Catholic or the one who marry a Catholic. That's why James Francis Edward which is son of James II of Great Britain cannot suceed to the throne.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's rather obvious that it would go to the closest female relative. Cousin, aunt, neice, it doesn't matter. That is precisely why Arshtat made Sialeeds and Haswar swear to never take the throne and to never marry/have children, so that her line could be the only one.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She didn't make them swear to never take the throne, the three of them agreed.

But the rest of what you say is right, the throne would go to the closest living female relative of the Queen, of course if lym had never been born it is quite unclear who would take the throne since the only other females that we know of who could take the throne already abdicated.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats precisely the problem that occurs, but I suppose Sialeeds would have taken the throne as Haswar is a slightly more distant relative and also does not wish to become Queen.
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I'm fairly certain it would go to Sialeeds, the sister of the current queen, because there were wars in the past over the right to succession between sisters. So i Think the closest female relative of the queen's would be appointed queen.
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that it will pass to the next female kin. Or if in a rarey case have a all female game. that way the winner of the game will become queen or something like that.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps there is a chance that the role of Queen could go to someone married into the family, so in a case Luserina could have perhaps been queen if the situation involved no female heirs.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: