Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

No Support Skills?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: No Support Skills? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, I did a cursory glance through a searhc and did not see a topic about this, but what is the point of support characters in Suikoden III who have no support skills? One that springs to mind is Peggi. She has no support skill at all. Is there any point to having them in your party? Extra scenes? I think one such character is required for a character recruitment, but I don't quite remember.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you can look at their Profile, that's the only benefit.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, so you can read the breif description of them? I guess that's kinda nice, but I wish there was more to it than that!

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't you look at their profile from the tablet too, though?
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Konami didn't want some of the characters to get left out?
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My baseless theory is that they were part of a support class which was either removed or never finished.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not completely baseless. Just look at Guillaume.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tek Jansen wrote:
My baseless theory is that they were part of a support class which was either removed or never finished.

Seems so, Guillaume even has a battle sprite.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guillaume was originally intended to be a battle character. I'm not sure why he was changed into a support character though. If they already had the battle sprite, weapon sprite, stats, skill set-up, and animations done what was the reason for forcing him into the role of Support character? Hell, he's even used in the duels! Why not normal battles?

I believe there are two Support characters that lack skills: Peggi and Dominic. They should of at least had an E Rank in something. Dominic would seem natural for Haggle since he sells stuff.

^Actual quote!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
Guillaume was originally intended to be a battle character. I'm not sure why he was changed into a support character though. If they already had the battle sprite, weapon sprite, stats, skill set-up, and animations done what was the reason for forcing him into the role of Support character? Hell, he's even used in the duels! Why not normal battles?

I think Konami was pressed for time and they just wrapped things up or forgot about these characters. Either way doesn't it make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its also possible that they gave them no skills so you wouldn't take them out of the castle. Think about this. You do Geddoe 1-3 first and get the powerful hammer, then give it to Peggi. Then Geddoe takes Peggi in support. No one one else can sharpen weapons until Geddoe comes back to Budehuc in Chapter 4. That's eight chapters (if you do THomas) that you cannot sharpen weapons to high level. It really handicaps you. I think Konami did that to remove the temptation of taking them.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will the character really be gone? I've never tested this theory. I've always had Mike as Geddoe's support character for Chapters 1-3, but I cannot remember if Mike is at Budehuc during Hugo, Chris, or Thomas' chapters.

^Actual quote!
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I think the character will be gone since something similar has happened to me. Except in my case it was with a playable character. I remember in one of my chapters I decided to put Viki in Geddoe's party. Once that chapter was over, I played with Hugo and when I wanted to teleport somewhere, Viki wasn't at the castle.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It makes sense though. They're out with whoever you put them with, and therefore can't be at the castle too. Since the chapters are supposed to be occurring concurrently characters will be missing in the other character's version of that chapter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: