Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rogue Galaxy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Rogue Galaxy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With E3 going on, we get lots of exposure to the latest games coming over. Anyone heard of Rogue Galaxy?

I just learned of it today to be honest, but so far it has a lot going for it. It's developed by Level 5 (Dragon Quest VIII, Dark Cloud 1 & 2). Apparently all the criticisms of the Japanese version are being addressed in the North American version. It looks great and what little character art I have seen look cool. I'm curious, has anyone played it?

Here's the IGN page.
Quote:
The makers of Dark Chronicle and Dragon Quest VIII present a sci-fi themed RPG. You play as Jester and head off from your desert planet and onto a galactic-scale adventure. Events, fields and battles are presented seamlessly, with no load times and only a rare blank transition screen. The battle system is action based, with combos and special attacks. The game also includes an item synthesis and creation system.
[size=8]Dark Chronicle should read Dark Cloud I believe.

Graphically it looks like a revamped DQ8 graphics engine. In fact, it looks like a sci-fi version of DQ8. Battle is realtime in what was described as FFXII's gambit system, only simpler. You get free control of your character and have both long and short range attacks, and of course the requisite combo system.

Sounds like a promising game eh? IGN did a 2 page preview of it if you are interested.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know. It looks great, all the trailers I've seen. I can't wait until it's released!

And, by the way, Dark Chronicle was the Japanese and European name for Dark Cloud 2.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh, that explains it. Thanks for the info on Dark Chronicle.

Man, that game looks good. There aren't that many RPG's that I'm still hyped up about, but this is definitely one of them. It sounds similar to Star Ocean 3 in some respects.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know. I saw the Japanese Trailers, and I thought, "Oh, my God! This looks like one of the best games of the year!"

Well, if Level 5 correct the mistakes they made in the Japanese version, it'll be fantastic.

I have great respect for Level 5, since Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle are some of the best games I've ever played. Excluding the Suikoden games, of course. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: