Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Was Albert Nash's contact?(Suikoden 3 spoilers ahead, you've been warn

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Was Albert Nash's contact?(Suikoden 3 spoilers ahead, you've Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a bit late to ask this, but i just started thinking about this recently.

As i stated in the title, if you haven't played Suikoden 3, and you don't want to be spoiled, then don't read this. It will contain a large spoiler that will haunt you until you do play and finish the game.

So, the setting is Budehuc Castle, or whatever you name you castle. The question on everyone's mind is "Where is Luc going to do his ritual thingy, destroying a True Rune?" Not even that smartass Caesar knew. Then Nash barges in, telling everyone that he knew where Luc's secret plan are to come to fruition. When Caesar challenges the information Nash has, the Harmonian spy retorts, that the information he had "was from a Silverberg".

So was this Silverberg the Albert Silverberg? After all, he did betray Luc in the end, just to help his ambitions to rise in power. But somehow, i am a bit dubious of that.

So, what do you guys say?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that its pretty certain it was Albert. Considering what he says to you in the ceremonial site before you take on Luc, it prtty much makes it definite. Think of it this way: it wasn't Caesar, it wasn't Leon, it wasn't Elenor (tee hee) and Mathiu and Odessa are dead. The only remaining Silverbeg is Albert/Caesar's mysterious father. And since we never have anything to do with him, I think it's pretty much not him.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, what reason do we have to believe that those Silverbergs you mentioned were the only ones Nash could (or in the case of Elenor, could not) have encountered? Keep in mind that these Suikoden games can have gaps and holes in the details.

For example, Georg Prime was the Sixth General who served Barbarossa, even though in Suikoden I, we were told that there were only five (but one NPC lets it slip that there was a 6th).

And then there was Suikoden IV. It has more holes in its story than the largest slice of Swiss cheese ever produced. Yet some of it was filled in Rhapsodia.

The point is, there may be a Silverberg that we have not seen yet, but may be shown in other Suikoden sequels. So i believe that there is one whom we have not seen, and told Nash about the Ceremonial Site.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can guarantee it wasn't Ceaser. That man isn't smart enough to know things, let alone important things.

It's commonly accepted that it was Albert. However, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Konami came and told us all that there was another Silverberg manipulating both sides from the background and that is why he/she is so awesome to be your next strategist.

That said, I believe it was Albert. It fits his character and his goals.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree that that silverberg would be albert. but were all not sure as to whats really true. for all we know, konami may (as blasphemy said) introduce someone new that has been involved in old events in past suikoden installments. thats not hard to do is it? after all, they are the ones who created the suikoverse anyway.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall Nash saying that it was from a Silverberg at all. I remember him saying that it "came from someone you know well". While that makes it seem likely that it is from a Silverberg, it doesn't necessarily have to be. But, I agree that his Nash's contact was Albert.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Taken from what Nash said about "it came from someone you know well" and Caesar's reaction to that, I definetely think it was Albert. That and there woulnt have been anyone else who could've known where Luc and The Destroyers were hiding. I mean who else could've done it? Certainly not Sarah/Yuber/Luc so that leaves out Albert who BTW may have been the only other person who knows where Luc was hiding.

It's the only other explenation as to how Albert's plan came to perfection, he was expecting the Fire Bringer to appear and save Luc and in order for that to happen they had to know where they were hiding but then they did'nt so he told Nash and they came and his plan came to perfection.

To summarize Albert may have did it(the chance of such may be very high)

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's blatantly obvious it was Albert.

a) Albert wanted to go along with Luc's plan up until the actual destruction of the rune.
b) Theres no other Silverberg in the game with the exception of Caesar.
c) Albert is a ranking official in Harmonia, where Nash's information comes from.
d) He even admits it when you confront him in the Sindar ruins.

We're being too speculative, thinking that theres a slight chance it could be someone else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: