Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hunter x Hunter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Hunter x Hunter Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have any of you been wise enough to download this show or read the manga? I just finished watching it the second time... it's my favorite anime series thus far. Its an amazing show if you have the patience to sit through the first two episodes.

Anyone know anything about when the next OVA is coming out, BTW?

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried to get into it awhile back because of my unquenching thirst for all things Hisoka. I'm a sucker for bishies.

Never did give it a try. What's it about?
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the feeling that the comic is a bit too prolonged. Also, the artist seems to be working at his own pace and his drawing quality seems to degradate over time. Heck, the last chapter I read was practically in sketches. How lazy is that?

Still, I agree that the animation version is great: all that stories with Genei Ryodan are simply amazing.

To St. Ajora: it is basically a story about a boy named Gon who set on an adventure to find his father. However, his father is a Hunter, which means that he would be very hard to find. So Gon also have to become a Hunter before he could even hope to track his father down.

Hunters are exceptional people with license who could access informations and places no normal people could. Their expertise is very variative, ranging from a culinary expert to a treasure hunter.

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol (nostalgia). i used to watch this show on a local channel about 3-4 years ago. i got pretty confused with all those categories of their powers. still its a good series. i just didnt like the sudden shift of main characters from gon to curapica (sp?).
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No way in hell you're going to spell Curarpikt's name right. :P

In the anime, it only gets better and better, animation quality wise. I didn't mind the character change... it was refreshing, just because one of the characters was dominant for a while doesn't mean he has to be dominant for the rest of the series. Besides the story at that point DID revolve around Curarpikt. It does go back to Gon though at the second OVA.

Hisoka is my favorite anime character of all time. He shows up as early as the 9th episode, so you don't have to wait long for him. And he is prevalent throughout the rest of the series.

Everyone: "What's on the final hunter exam?!"
Chairman: "Hi~mi~tsu!" (It's a secret!)
Everyone: "Ehhh?!"

later

Chairman: "Hisoka, you're up first!"
*Hisoka emerges from the room 10 mins later*
Everyone: "So how was the test?!"
Hisoka: "It was fine."
Everyone: "What was on it?"
Hisoka: "Hi~mi~tsu!"

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oooh so it is curarpikt. lol. that local channel i was talking about at my post spells curarpikt's name with curapica or something like kurapika. and i thought the curarpikt spelling was a typo. is this really his name's spelling?

anyway, can anyone remember curarpikt's powers? i remember that his chains have different types of them. iirc, he is from the branch of power that can control every type of power from all categories right?
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Biodata:

Birthday- 4 April
Height- 171cm
Weight- 59kg
Blood type- AB
Hatsu- Gugenka and Tokushitsu

Background:

Kurapica is a member of the Kuruta tribe, a reticient group of people that chose to leave in obscurity. They possess a pair of eyes that turn flaming red in times of anger or serious agitation. The legendary brilliance of such scarlet eyes caused them to be in high demand as a collector's treasure.

A few years ago, the Phantom Brigade came to Kurapica's hometown and massacred all the members of his tribe, leaving behind scores of dead bodies with eyes gorged out in their wake. As the last surviving member of his tribe, Kurapica vows to gain back all the stolen eyes of his people, by tracking the brigade down and seek revenge. Even if this entails sacrificing his life.

Personality:

Kurapica is a level headed and intelligent individual, possessing knowledge of a great variety of things. Of sound judgement, his in-depth and cool analysis has saved his friends from the brink of death many times. Needless to say, his quickmindedness and bargaining technique has also saved him from being killed by oppressively powerful enemies like Hisoka.

Nen ability:
Kurapica is a Gugenka, one that can fashion objects that act according to his imagination. The weapon that he creates is a unique form--extending from his fingers of his right hand are five chains, which were specially created to deal vengeance upon the Phantom Brigade.

When Kurapica's eyes turn red, his special ability, Tokushitsu, surfaces. All nen abilities besides Gugenka would be increased to 100% efficiency, making him virtually invincible during this span of time.

To increase his effectiveness against the formidable Phantom Brigade, Kurapica places strict restrictions on the usage of his nen blades:

Use of each finger:

Thumb- Healing
Shaped like a cross, it cures wounds by drawing from the Kyouka ability. When Kurapica is in tokushitsu, it can heal serious injuries in seconds.

Third finger- Immobility
Wraps around enemies, restricting movement. Also forcefully causes captured person to enter setsu (a crippling effect that diminishes their nen abilities). Restricted only in dealing with brigade members, with the violation resulting in Kurapica's death.

Fourth finger- Investigation
Kurapica uses this frequently under normal situations, for defence and attack purposes. It is also useful for other investigative activities, like determining the location of missing individuals.

Small finger- Judgement
A small nen blade enters the victim's body and stabs the heart. Kurapica sets a condition and if the victim breaches it, he would lose his life. Only can be of use when Kurapica is in tokushitsu.

Picture:

=-=-=-=-=-
Nen :?

Nen is the living aura produced by all living beings, and the ability to use nen is what makes Hunters, and people like the Phantom Troupe so powerful.

An individual becomes sensitive to his/her nen once their shouko (points of the body where energy flows from) are opened. Learning to control this energy, however, is no simple task. The study of nen begins with several basic techniques, as well as a range of more advanced techniques that require experience and high endurance.

The most important ability of a nen user is their 'Hatsu.' This is their special ability - the unique manisfistation of their aura. Nen-users carefully create their own Hatsu ability to enhance their own strengths, resulting in abilities that uniquely represent the nen-user. Although every nen-user's ability will be different, nen-users can be split into some general 'groups.'

As powerful as nen may seem, a fundamental concept of nen is that everything must be within human boundaries. A nen-user may choose to materialize a sword with his nen; but no matter how sharp and hard he makes his sword, he will never be able to materialize a sword that can cut through anything. Such a sword would be deemed to be 'beyound human boundaries.' However, since nen is powered by a nen-user's will, conditions can be added onto abilities to strength them if the nen-user is determined enough. For example, a sword may be able to cut through anything given a very strict set of conditions are met.

----

* Ten: Keeps the body energy that discharges from the body's small holes all around the body.

* Zetsu: Closes all the small body holes that do not completely discharge.
(hide presence)

* Ren: Opens all the small body holes to let double the amount of aura come out.

* Gyo: Concentrates aura to any part of the body
-> To the eyes to see someone/something els his/her/it's aura.

* En: The arara that surrounds the body can be spread as far as the person can hold it.
-> everything in the En will be senced.

=-=-=-=-=-
The Phantom Brigade!

Kuroro Lucifuru: Boss of the brigade

Pakunoda: 2nd member

Korutopi: 3th member

Hisoka: 4th member

Franklin: 5th member

Feitan: 6th member

Machi: 7th member

Shizuku: 8th member

Shalnark: 9th member

Nobunaga: 10th member

Uvoguine: 11th member

Phinx: 12th member

Bonorenolf: 13th member

=-=-=-=-=-
Gon Freecss

A young boy who wishes to become a hunter to follow in his father's footsteps. His father, the legendary hunter Ging Freecss, had left Gon in his aunt's care since birth. Gon is a headstrong optimistic youth with extraordinary senses of smell and hearing, sharp instincts, and a innate understanding for animals.

Gon starts off with an unusual choice of weaponary - a fishing rod. After learning nen, he switches to relying on his Hatsu ability, the Jajanken.

Killua Zoldyck

Born to a family of (in)famous assassins, Killua is considered the genuis of his generation. He is named as the heir to his family due to his amazing talent, and is already a professional assassin even at his young age.

Killua joined the Hunter exam after running away from home, and by chance meets and befriends Gon. He is a very agile and strong fighter with just his bare hands, carrying his family's characteristic immunity to poisons and electricity. He later bases his transformation Hatsu ability on electricity.

Leorio

Leorio claimed that he joined the Hunter exam solely for money. Later, he reveals that it is because he wishes to become a doctor, and needs the money to pay for school fees. He had once lost a very close friend to a debilitating illness only because he had lacked the money to pay for a cure, and now aspires to become a doctor who is able to cure the poor without needing to charge.

He is not so much of an experienced or talented fighter like most of the other Hunter Examinees, but is by no means weak. He too, came to learn of nen after passing the Hunter exam. However, he has (at current) chosen to put aside his nen training so he can fulfil his goal of becoming a doctor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------
Enough information ??

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky :D

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Them be spoilers thar!!! Not for me, but for people that havent seen it.

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooh. I love HxH. I haven't read it for a while, but it was pretty cool when I stopped. Probably Spoiler: I was at the part with the bug king guy. The guy that uses shadows was just infiltrating the bug king's base at the chapter that I last read.
I didn't really mind the horrible sketchings in most of the later chapters, but I would love to see the anime so that I could experience the form that looks the best.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooh. I love HxH. I haven't read it for a while, but it was pretty cool when I stopped. Probably Spoiler: I was at the part with the bug king guy. The guy that uses shadows was just infiltrating the bug king's base at the chapter that I last read.
I didn't really mind the horrible sketchings in most of the later chapters, but I would love to see the anime so that I could experience the form that looks the best.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that's certaintly further than there is in the anime. That's a good sign for more of it coming out though!

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oops. Sorry for the double post.

How far along is the anime?
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The anime series ended after the Genei Ryodan arc, as far as I know, but they are now making OVAs spanning the Greed Island arc.

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Mon May 15, 2006 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's cool. Greed Island arc is way awesome.
Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I follow the story until Gon and his blue haired friend enter the Greed Island and met Bomber. Then I stop following because of my bandwith. And now I forgot the last chapter i downloaded.

Btw, in indonesian translation Phantom Brigade is translated as: Geng Laba-Laba
And the english for Geng Laba-Laba is: Spider Gang!

w0w...

What is the meaning of Genei Ryodan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: