Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Character Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lebenengel wrote:
Eh. Many Suikoden fans claim to be smarter, but just as many are, in fact, not too different from their Final Fantasy VII counterparts.

I was comparing the people who frequent here to the people who frequent the GameFAQs Suikoden boards, not the Final Fantasy fans, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
The reason for this is that the quality of the topics are usually vastly superior, not just "who is your favourite character" and "things characters would never say" over and over again like they have on GameFAQs, but smarter and more indepth topics.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I couldn't really care less to be honest, but for sure, those who don't like the idea of the poll, then don't participate. It's as simple as that, right? There's no one here to force you to vote, and you won't even realize that the poll existed if you don't go to the homepage (or whatever the exact URL of the poll if ever made). I just don't get it why it'd bother anyone at all.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After reading some of the responses, I think the poll would actually be a cool idea, we'd see what characters are more liked in the community (other then the overrated ones).

Although I'd have to disagree with the opinion of being a fan of something would make you less smart than a fan of something else. But I do agree that a lot of fans of certain things tend to act a little less than mature. However, I know plenty of other FF7 fans that can think logically and not make random, "S3ph1r07h r0x0rz uR b0x0rz!" Although we do sometime joke around with that type of typing/communication.

The Sephiroth comment was hilarious, but from that comment, I think there might be a few FF7 Fanboys that haven't come out of the closet yet... <_< lol, I'm just kidding.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a possibility! :wink:

Actually... now that you mention it one of my high school friends was a Sephiroth fan and now he's getting all the boys in Manhattan. x_x ....

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey there again, folks. I was wondering if any of the Admins gave any more thought to a character tournament. I've beaten Suikoden IV now and counted all of the named characters that appear and are alive in any of the four games. I might be missing a couple of the less important ones, but I have 462 down. That's still 50 off from a perfect 512, but it's close enough so that if a tournament was to go up, the format could be tweaked easily enough to include everyone. Or, if that's too much work, the tournament could be narrowed 32 or 64 in some manner.

I hope the idea is still being considered. :)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still think it's a bad idea. The discussion that arrises from a tournament like this will most likely be "How can Nash beat Yuber?! Yuberz more radz than ne1z!" or "VOTE FOR SARAH".

As SARS is the only one who maintains the main site (I thinkies) then obviously he should be the one wh decides what's what, but I think he probably has a lot on at the moment.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this like some sort of a tournament held at certain times on certain months... oh I guess it's just an Idea. Though this would be interesting to see, there are not a lot of information on some characters to tell who would win...
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's true, Lieutennant. Honestly, I'm all for a tournament, too. It'd be a great way to help get all the members active, and potentially gain new ones! I'm not too sure why Fliktor is dead set against it. Well, on second thought, he does make a point. But, as long as we keep the discussion insightful, there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, I always say! :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Sai... are you able to make competitions possible? or is it down to High priest Saben? or maybe all the mods as well? well... I'm rather interested and the reasons against this is rather... well, reasonable, but the reasons to put this up overcomes the reason not to in my opinion... I guess we need a lot of people to agree before the competition can even be considerd though right?
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it could also be done on a trial basis. If hardly anyone votes for the first few matches and the threads for the tourney de-volve into flames, than it can be taken down (And I'll be mightily humbled). But if a good number of people vote and there's some nice discussion going on, it can be expanded. I've been working on how might work since I first started this thread several months ago, but unfortunately our Fearless Leader went AWOL just a day or two after I asked to make my case. In any case, the tournament obviously wouldn't be able to start until after the PAL release of Suikoden IV, so I'm hoping I can spend the remaining time working out more details and turning people like Fliktor onto the idea. ;)
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well as far as Harmonia is concerned this type of topic would be up to 'The Holy Trinity' to decide but I'm not quite sure it would be done yet as I'm about to use a similar concept for the Harmonian Olympics except without the use of the actual suikoden characters which will eliminate the afore mentioned problem. As for the community forums.........I'm going to agree with the notion to just make a site about it and post a link in here. It would ease the pressure of us having to worry about it and you'd get to orchestrate the whole ordeal yourself. I'm sure some members would have the time to do something like this. Here is a perfect thread to get in touch and discuss who is willing to create something like this and others that are willing to help out. If you want something done, do it yourself. :mrgreen:
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm against it because I think it will create more work for the site, it won't generate any more traffic to the site (nobody is going to visit the site purely for a Suikoden Character Poll) and it will, if anything, create pointless threads that bring nothing but spam to the site.

People can still discuss characters, their virtues and plots surrounding them; I don't think they need a character poll to do this.

Edit: Personally, if there is a poll, I will vote on it. But to me, it's not going to bring any great discussion to the forum as I've stated above, and I'd much rather see the battle system in the forums implemented more rather than diverting resources to a character poll.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm... interesting views people have... well, i'll stand by my thingy... we don't know much about cetain characters and so certain things will be left out... not good. especially when I want to vote for Yuber...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is another reason I'd against this as I think most people will vote for characters who are more fanish than anything else. While this is completely their right, and obviously it's a poll on favourite characters, then it's blatantly obvious people can choose their favourite. But I think we'll end up, after having over 500+ characters to choose between, that it'll be a choice between "fan" characters - which will again, only entail discussions like "Pesmergaz c00ler than Luc iz coz Lucz stoopid with silly hair".

Lol, okay, it's not that bad, but my point being that apart from getting people to vote, for a long long time, half the characters will get voted for because of they way they look - and as I've said above, each person to their own choice - the discussion won't be deep what-so-ever.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

unless... you somehow make it into a game... giving every character taking prt stati... wait... far too long... I don't just like Yubers looks (I know you weren't really intending something like that) but the actual character... this is also the problem... but I know when to admit him being beat... but without enough evidense and all that to his true powers, and his rune, not enough info mean no one can prove much...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: