Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XIII unveiled (56k beware)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
I think if the 360 got Suikoden, no one would care.

I mean they'd have won in my eyes.

I'd care. :x
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

360 version apparently not being released in Japan.

So that only means..... it was bought. xD I was wondering cause they had this whole Crystal Tools or whatever just for the game.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, whether MS paid to get it released on the 360 is not a surprise and something I've been pushing as a tactic they should use more often. It not being released in Japan could also be due to the low install base of 360 owners in Japan.

I'm wondering by releasing the game for Europe and NA 360-owners only will localization for the 360 version be a tad different than the PS3 version which will have a Japanese release.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
also be due to the low install base of 360 owners in Japan.

Maybe but I doubt it, especially since Final Fantasy is "the" JRPG, and Square-Enix is releasing its "lesser" 360 JRPGs in Japan.

Square-Enix will release FFXIII for the PS3 first in Japan, then the development for 360 FFXIII will begin along with the localization.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't think that would make PS3 fans here in the US any happier. In the end, the fact that FFXIII is even coming out on the 360 the same time as the PS3 version for both NA and Europe says Square-Enix needs the money and sticking to old business models of just one system releases will run them out of business.

It doesn't hurt that of the three companies making consoles right now its Microsoft who can afford to throw bags and bags of money at S-E to make this decision. I can't see Nintendo or Sony being able to do the same even if they wanted to. Even with Nintendo flush with cash from the Wii they still won't be able to outspend MS.

Also, Square-Enix has been seeing just how well the rpgs have been selling on the 360. While Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Mass Effect don't sell in the same lofty numbers as FF titles the fact that all three titles made a ton of cash for Mistwalker and MS shows that as of now the platform with the most rpgs that sells is the 360. I'm sure that will change as more and more rpgs come out for the PS3, but until that happens S-E has to see the 360 as a market that they can milk for more money than if they stuck with Sony and the PS3.

So, MS throwing money at them or not is just a big bonus in the short-term. In the long-run they will get more money by just releasing this title for both systems knowing fans of both will buy it for their chosen console. Yeah, it's not the kind of thing fanboys like to hear but its business.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Oh my god I have to go offline.

The reactions.

Tears. There will be so much tears!

I'm here for you Mr. Angelus!

Oh btw, FF on the 360 is my LOL for the year.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See, at least someone sees something funny about all this. Way too many Sony fanboys crying over something they shouldn't worry about. Its not like the PS3 won't get it.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The FFXIII announcement made my fucking day
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geez, news like this almost push for the release of all big name RPGs on 360. Heck, namco, mistwalker, and now square seem to favor 360 much more than PS3 already, and those companies have the biggest series.

I'm not at all surprised that Square is going to whore out their biggest title for more cash though, they'd sell FF turds if they had them, I guess I don't blame them, if I had the most overrated series in the world, I'd do the same.

Atlus & NIS may have just as many titles that are just as good, though they are not big enough to do multiplatform releases for their games, and their titles won't gain enough attention to deserve it, plus the games they put out never seem to focus too much on graphics or using a system's full power anyways, but other than Disgaea 3 I doubt a really good rpg from either of those companies will be on PS3 for another year or two at least.

Other than them, you got your Suikoden and maybe Shadow Hearts? as the other strong PS RPGs, while the shining whatever, wild arms & breath of fire are still around but all pretty weak, all those games can be on both systems too depending on how much each company wants it to be. SCE will put out a good RPG or two, but that's a 2-3 years process for each game, so it'd be like maybe 3-5 games during the entire PS3 lifespan.

I still have no idea when I'd want to be playing my PS3 regularly, after having it for almost 2 years now, I'd use it for plenty of blu-ray movies, but since I don't care for MGS or FPS, the only games I played for 10+ hours on PS3 have been MLB the show last 2 years, and P3 FES just now, obviously I could have done that on the PS2 too without missing much.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh, I don't really care if the 360 gets to add Final Fantasy XIII to its library. The only thing which would annoy me is if the 360 and PS3 games weren't the same and the 360 version had exclusive features while the PS3 version didn't. (much like how Japan seems to be almost anal about re-releasing the Final Fantasy games under the "International" tag and changing things up a bit and adding exclusive material)

The one thing which stood out were the comments that Microsoft threw money at Square-Enix to get Final Fantasy XIII? If that's the real reason, then it doesn't really speak well for the 360. I'd almost expect to see product placement within the game, perhaps, at irregular intervals, any monitor screens display the Blue Screen of Death.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good for Square-Enix. I hope they get filthy rich doing this and can then put money into smaller companies or start ups who have dreams and aspirations to make the next Xenogears or the next Vagrant Story. When Square was raking in the cash they put out a lot of cool games. Not directly developed by them, but financed for sure.

In any case, Square-Enix isn't going to give up the PS3 so I honestly don't care since I will last as long as I can in not buying a MS gaming console.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Square-Enix really needed to make money they'd make more games for the PS3 and *sigh* the Wii, both consoles have sold more in Japan than the 360. Anyway this news doesn't bother me, as long as it's coming out for the PS3 I don't care what other systems it's released on. I'm looking forward to Versus more at the moment anyway.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still think it's peculiar that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still PS3 exclusive. They're essentially releasing half the story on the 360, whereas the PS3 gets the whole package.

The fact that it's multiplatform doesn't bother me much. What does bother me is that I can't look at a forum, and not see user-made epitaphs for the PS3.

It'll be interesting to see what differences there will be between the versions. Will Microsoft sort out exclusive DLC? Will the process of porting the PS3 version and compressing the video and audio make the 360 version the lesser?

It'll be a while until we find out, it seems.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So what if the 360 gets FFXIII? Have fun with the five discs it'll take to play it while the PS3 version fits neatly on one blu-ray disc.

For me, I'm just happy it's finally coming out since we've had to wait 3 years for it. (Versus looks pretty sweet too.)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: