Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XIII unveiled (56k beware)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't look like anything special.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing is, we don't have any certainty regarding when it's going to be released. It may not even be 2008. Hopefully Square will announce something at Jump Festa.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could'nt see the images, I'm a big fan of the FF series and still play them on a regular basis however I dont own a PS3 and may never do until a long time, on the up side FF XIII wont be out for ages so chances are I may have a PS3 by them
:P, that being said I'll settle for Lost Odyssey for now to tide me over.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New extended trailers have been released for Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII. FFXIII.net has them uploaded with DVD quality, and you can download them here.

They're quite superlative! :)

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks horrible. Over the top, retarded, and absolutely unnecessary.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya know. There are a few things I like. For one, I love the main music they've used in the XIII trailers. It has a very electronic feel and is a fun change from the normal. Now, if they add some things from that trailer to combat, things could get interesting. Throw a Demi/Gravity bomb sort of thing to slow enemies while you kick their ass? A fun change from the old play style.

Is it over the top? Yeah. And ridiculously so. But given that Nomura is Square's new cash cow, I expected it.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I notice that at the end of the Final Fantasy XIII trailer it says "for PS3"-- so, while the was common knowledge, it leads me to my next question: what about Final Fantasy versus XII? The end of that game's trailer said nothing about which system it was going to be for. It seems highly likely that it will be for PS3, but I wonder if they are considering multiplatform?

Perhaps I'll have a PS3 by the time these guys come out at the end of 2008, or possibly 2009.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rowler Majuka

Crimson Knights

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
122304 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im looking forward to this and the other FF game coming out on the PS3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII. These games hold onto the FF feel by the looks of it, and are really tugging at me because i DONT HAVE A PS3 >< But that mobile one seems to be the most likely for me, since i have like, 9 main-brand games on my phone right now XD Well, hope to hear more from the makers soon ^^
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as these aren't delayed forever like XII, I'd give it a try.

Not much information on gameplay, huh.

Perhaps this will determine the console that more niche RPGs would end up published for, like Suikoden. Perhaps not.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't know what to think of it. Of course the graphics are awesome and the trailer thrilling. But I can't really figure out if it's a action-rpg spinoff or whatever..
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Versus XIII looked awesome (hence the new avatar). Blood is cool. :P

Versus XIII is an action-RPG with completely different characters and a different story to Final Fantasy XIII, it's just set in the same universe.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New scans = new characters. With a bow.

Shadow Hearts Karin?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
ClouD.

The Nameless

17244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After playing FFXII I'm not really sure if XIII is worth buying a PS3 and the game itself. The game system and the mark hunt system were really nice, yet it REALLY lacked an epic story and characters.
I wish they would input some deeper characters and everyone of them with a significant own skill (like in Final Fantasy 6, in Final Fantasy XII it didn't really matter which ones you choose)
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is the first batch of ff13 media that has impressed me

this is actually making me excited because before this batch of ff13 media, ff13 has looked generic and boring as shit.

now, it actually looks like a final fantasy like i know. It reminds me off ff7, 8, and 10. You've got modern things but with a futuristic and fantasy mixture. I love the style of FF7 and 8 so damn much. Screw fantasy.

You've got dudes with shotguns. Hell yes.

Game: Versus XIII.

The TURKS

game: Versus XIII

Siren

game: FFXIII

Ifrit

game: FFXIII

Carbuncle!

Game: FFXIII

A disc that is used to call summons

Hell. fucking. yes.

Game: Versus XIII

An Aerith look a like

Sasuke from Naruto

A girl that looks straight from FFVIII, the game that has my favorite FF character designs

Holy crap. Is that a dinosaur?

Holy crap the art direction in these games is amazing. I'm getting psx FF flashbacks.

Here's our moonlight girl/aeris look a like!

game: Versus XIII

Thank you Square-Enix for showing us FFXIII media that doesn't look like a generic turd. Finally media has come out that makes it look like an actual Final Fantasy and actually deserves the name Final Fantasy on the title, because that name means something and this art direction and imagination is apart of the reason FF stands apart from all the other rpgs out there. Keep up the good work.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After your post Himuro my interest factor has gone from 0% to around 10%. That's not bad to be honest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: