Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XIII unveiled (56k beware)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy XIII unveiled (56k beware) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

+ a few spin offs

Articles:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149412.html
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705652p1.html

http://www.jeux-france.com/news15666_square-enix-conference-en-live.htm l
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooooh! She's really, really pretty! And the guy is decently interesting, too! Grar... Now we just have to wait for FFXII XD.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HoLY hell. I didn't expect this so soon! It definately looks like it could rekindle my interest in FF again.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What console?
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PS3 man.

Sony Conference is on right now. MGS4 trailer! :D :D :D
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IGN put it in the PS3 section, I'd have to assume they'll stick with Sony over Xbox and Wii... Thanks for sharing Himuro. Those look awesome.

The interface in the 3rd screen looks hard to see. I imagine if things get hectic, I'd have trouble seeing everything. It's still a ways off though, maybe it'll be a bit clearer and easier to see. Great news that FFXIII is already being worked on.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's the trailer

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~indexhtml/2ch/uploader_cgi/615374056.avi
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah! That looks so smooth! Oooh! That's so, so exciting.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...looks like the images are gone. Too much bandwidth

Also, is that a woman or a man? Usually it would be easy to tell, but you know Japan
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onna da. Onna! (Its a woman.)

I have the pictures uploaded here, if you still want to see them and dont feel like looking around the web for them:

http://www.evermoreforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16380

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally! A science-fiction Final Fantasy, with what looks like a female protagonist.

I know FFVI technically had a female star, but the spotlight was shared by so many characters it was often hard to really tell. I'm hoping for a full fledged female main character. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's not really gameplay video right? if it is, I'd think it's more like they edited a few action moves together to make it seem like fast pace nonstop actions, it's still a rpg after all.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Final Fantasy revealed for the XBox 360 other than FF XI.........*giggle*

Why?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
No Final Fantasy revealed for the XBox 360 other than FF XI.........*giggle*

Why?

Because X-box is crap? And american? And the only reason FFXI is on Xbox 360 is because that game is out on EVERY platform? I still dont understand why people got so hyped up about it, its not that great a game... best MMO ATM, but there have been better before they got fucked up.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know what, that looked cool, but until I can learn more, I'll keep my judgement reserved. I've grown weary of Square-Enix and Final Fantasy. Seeing the technology in it, I'm hesitant to automatically like it. I felt the amout of technology in VIII ruined that game, and FFX would have been better without so much Al-Bhed technology too. FFX-2 put even more machines in it.

I'm of the old school RPG train of thought that technology in a medieval setting is bad. And since the hero runs around weilding a sword, its medeival. FFVI and VII showed the technology being bad, for the most part, but again, I'll keep judgement reserved. Also I would like to know the gamestyle before I pass full judgement on it. I'm not expecting another epic though.

Gody, Why not X-Box? Because Final Fantasy has a formula that works. Sony is that formula. The people who own X-Boxes know they won't be playing RPGs much, thats not an RPG system, nor will it really ever be. Fable doesn't count because it sucks hardcore, oir so I've heard. I don't play X-Box so I really wouldn't know, but no RPG I've seen on X-Box (theres another I've seen, Jade Cocoon I think it was called?) really wowed me into thinking that X-Box could contend with Sony for RPGs. They aren't about to break the mold of success on a gamble like putting the game only on X-Box 360.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: