Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tactics - A one time deal or a continual addition?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Tactics - A one time deal or a continual addition? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing that I've been wondering about is if Suikoden Tactics will be a one time deal or if we will see one following the major series releases. Is it possible that they are already working on a Suikoden Tactics 2 to complement the release of Suikoden 5? I hope so, they sprung Suikoden Tactics on us from no where so hopefully they do it again with the release of Suikoden 5.

If Tactics is a continual addition, what things might we see if future versions of the offshoot series? Might we see a tactics game with 108 stars? Might we see some new true runes in a Tactics game? Might we see one take place in Harmonia?

I guess it really all depends on Suikoden Tactics sales figures. Does anyone know how Japanese sales went? If it doesn't sell well here it will probably be one of those games that Japanese gamers will get and we will get snubbed in the states.

Basically, Everyone needs to support the series by buying this game. If you are a Suikoden fan it would probably be a good idea because it will most likely be rare after a few years go by like most of the other games in the series are or are going to be before too long.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it's like the other Suiko-Gaiden games, then I doubt there'll be any new true runes revealed. I don't know if they'd make more Tactics games, but I'm willing to bet there will be additional side stories.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think they would ever implement 108 Stars of Destiny into a game outside of the main series. The Stars of Destiny are too important to get a "side adventure."

^Actual quote!
sir_knowsalot

15313 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they were to make a suikoden tactics 2, i have the perfect war for them to do it on... the first Fire Bringer war. I doubt they would make an actual future suikoden game about it, but as a suiko tactics it would be perfect. we already know the outcome of it, but they could fill in some holes and i bet it would please a good chunk of people. Maybe we could learn more about the Flame Champion, seeing as we still dont know his real name. It would definately make for a sweet game.
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it could be awesome to change into a series as well. As far as 108 stars, I don't see a reason why the story on a tactics game can't be detailed enough to encompase the 108 stars of destiny... Look at how intricate the storyline to FF tactics was. There was stuff going on all over the place. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami is probably hoping that Suikoden Tactics can bank as much as a regular game in the series. It's a similar type of game on the same console, although I did see the price isn't $50 so thats a plus. Althought the price will probably jump after a few years because they will definitely not want to overproduce it and we know they will set their expectations lower than they should. Before long this game could cost a bunch on ebay too.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kane of the Black Sea wrote:
As far as 108 stars, I don't see a reason why the story on a tactics game can't be detailed enough to encompase the 108 stars of destiny... Look at how intricate the storyline to FF tactics was. There was stuff going on all over the place. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It shouldn't be too difficult to have "108 Stars" in FF Tactics anyway, considering how the majority of your army is made up of generic underdeveloped units. Unlike Suikoden characters who at least have some uniqueness attached to them.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Harmonia in Rhapsodia form, because that would further lessen the chance of that kingdom appearing in a proper Suikoden installment. Heh.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i doubt any future Tactics game or side games will deal with things that happend in III or older wars and such...if anything the next Tactics or side game will deal with Suikoden V...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

josiskrazy wrote:
i doubt any future Tactics game or side games will deal with things that happend in III or older wars and such...if anything the next Tactics or side game will deal with Suikoden V...

A couple of months ago I would've agreed with such a statement, but now that we're having a completely new installment based on something that was briefly mention in S2, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Tactics game centered around any historical suikoden event.
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, personally, would not be surprised if the next "Tactics/Rhapsodia" was Suikoden Rhapsodia II: The Higheast Rebellion. It seems kind-of odd that they'd talk about the Higheast Rebellion as much as they have and not have a lot of information about it. I'm fairly sure that if the games continue to do well, we'll see the Higheast Rebellion in "Tactics" form or "Gaiden" form. But, that's just purely speculation.

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that actually sounds like a good idea. i am with you icebergin, the next one should involve the higheast rebellion. there is just so little known about it. and as sir knowsalot, that is a good idea, but there is already alot of info on those battles. to me, suiko 3 was more of a story of what happened in the first war, and they are sill tring to fix it in the game.

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Higheast rebellion would be sweet. We could see a lot of our favorite characters from S2 and S1 again. Viktor and Flik rock. That would be a sweet idea for a Tactics game. Only time will tell but I really hope that Suikoden Tactics Sales figures are through the roof because then we might get S1 & S2 on PSP and continue to get future "side stories"
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uhhhh, if i am correct, suiko 1 and 2 are coming out for PSP. and it was already announced. just letin you know.

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's talking about it coming to North America.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally would rather see the war of succession or the original flame champion war. S2 already got a side story. Lets let III and I have a chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: