Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Has Suikoden V made you less of a fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oisin

Fianna

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: wishing suikoden V be more popular Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jerrios wrote:

Now the problem im having is...im having trouble finding any ANY pictures, screenies, drawings or anything related to suikoden 5 so im asking help from fellow suikolovers to help point the direction towards any website that have them.

Ditto... :(
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: wishing suikoden V be more popular Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jerrios wrote:

Now the problem im having is...im having trouble finding any ANY pictures, screenies, drawings or anything related to suikoden 5 so im asking help from fellow suikolovers to help point the direction towards any website that have them.

spoiler :no: hilight please

Erm i got a question tho, is it true that if i dont get all 108 SoD the ending would have been sad even if i did win the game with good ending(as in, beat the game overall)? Just a yes or no please and no spoiler for events after Miakis joined.

end of spoiler :no:

Here are some pics!

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5764

As for the 2nd question...well the 108 SoD ending IS the good ending, so yes, I guess it is sad :(
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It didn't make me less of a fan. Infact, it makes me look foward to see what six has to offer. Plus I need to go back and get three and four, but so far five is my favorite. Along with two.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only things to ever make me less of a Suikoden fan were:

1) 4-person party in IV and the implication that the other Suikodens would follow suit.
2) Never being able to get that damn last squirrel in Suikoden II!
3) A scratched copy of Suikoden III that I could never finish.

HOWEVER...the flames of my fandom were fanned back into full crackling spectacle by the disk-cleaner that repaired my copy of Suikoden III, and the subsequent playing of Suikoden V just kept carrying that torch.
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: wishing suikoden V be more popular Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

malicesoul wrote:

Here are some pics!

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5764

As for the 2nd question...well the 108 SoD ending IS the good ending, so yes, I guess it is sad :(

Excellent! But, the first post pictures were hosted by photobucket and it seems to exceed bandwidth. Would you/anyone have probably saved in rar format or anything? I'll only be able to see it next month lol

Oh ya in game i just won battle of Doraat. Very very absolutely sad scene. I hope this will all be just a bad dream.

Plus the 108 SoD ending is still sad?? I dont think i'll be able to stomach sad ending.. Suiko Tactics ending had me shed tears of err sadness so you know my tolerance level of sadness is not very high..
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I dun feel myself disappoint by SV, I enjoyed it and like it very much. So I'll be Suikoden fan always...hehe... :mrgreen:
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: wishing suikoden V be more popular Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jerrios wrote:

Plus the 108 SoD ending is still sad?? I dont think i'll be able to stomach sad ending..

It's sad, but there's quite a bit of happiness in it, too.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its not that sad. The happiness outweighs the sadness by a lot in the end
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko V didn't Make me less of a fan. I actually enjoy playing it more than Siukoden IV... The only thing that annoyed me about Suikoden V was that it took so long in the beginning before anything happens. I haven't finished it yet but I'm really liking it. :)
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still haven't finished Suikoden 5. I've gotten pretty far into the game (I visited the Sindar ruins and recruited Killey during the "save Lyon" quest), but I realize now that I'm not going to get all 108 stars, so I've kind of lost interest. I'm probably going to miss at least 10 stars, I suspect. Maybe more. So I have to work up the energy to finish the game, get a bad ending, and then replay it and go for all 108 stars. I haven't played Suikoden 5 since late April though.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf Stew wrote:
I still haven't finished Suikoden 5. I've gotten pretty far into the game (I visited the Sindar ruins and recruited Killey during the "save Lyon" quest), but I realize now that I'm not going to get all 108 stars, so I've kind of lost interest. I'm probably going to miss at least 10 stars, I suspect. Maybe more. So I have to work up the energy to finish the game, get a bad ending, and then replay it and go for all 108 stars. I haven't played Suikoden 5 since late April though.

Getting 108 stars in the first go makes it boring though, you get to see different endings, go on stick with it. :D
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im about to finish the game. Heading to Arshtwal Mountain now. I got question tho, will my potch carry over to new game+? should i save my money or stockpile on equipment since equipment carries over.
Serpent of Wisdom

Caduceus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Made me less than a fan?
Hm... a little bit, but I'll still follow Suikoden though...

My problem with V is only because it felt like a Suikoden 2.5
Whereas Suikoden IV felt like a lowered version of Suikoden I

I found V was more into Politic, and the other suikoden have more True Rune involvement to fate/destiny ...
After I finished the game, I just felt like you've felt... "Tired" ... I don't know, may be because I've expected much more in the story... but instead, it felt flat to me.
I was actually into the hype when I finished Suikoden III, because I've felt than Suikoden has evolved... the different point of view of the story (yet not break the main stream of the suikoden timeline)
Suikdoen IV was... OK to me. The story was short, lack of polishing... but it was still enjoyable as the Rune of Punishment is really an interessting rune.

Yes, it is actually good that S V returned to the S II feeling, but again, If Konami made another S-II ish Suikoden again, it would be...
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jerrios wrote:
Im about to finish the game. Heading to Arshtwal Mountain now. I got question tho, will my potch carry over to new game+? should i save my money or stockpile on equipment since equipment carries over.

Uhm, I don't think your potch carries over, be sure to have your best armour and runes in your Party Items and not equipped on your characters, it will not be carried over if equipped.

Enjoy the game. :)
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Potch DOES indeed get carried over. It's fun to start the game with 9 million potch. :*laugh*:

Anyway, Suikoden V definitely didn't make me less of a fan. In fact, it restored my hope in Suikoden. I thought after we experienced the dreck that is Suikoden IV, the next installments of the series will get much worse, and the whole franchise will go downhill, but I was proven wrong, and I'm damn glad.

What impressed me was the genius that was Lucretia Merces. Perhaps I think of her as a goddess because of the tragedy that was Elenor "my genius strategic plan is to unite the surrounding nations" Silverberg, but Lady Merces was really very impressive, and really knew how to make the most of her resources in Falena. This time, the tactics were very interesting, unlike Suikoden IV, which had little (I can even go as far as saying "none") of it. The only flaw that I saw was that she was TOO perfect, and I don't recall any of her plans failing at all. Shu at least had one failed strategy.

I would like to talk more about the other aspects that made me enjoy this installment of the Suikoden series, but my grandmother is yelling at me right now, so I'll just edit it in later when I get the chance. :|
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: