Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Has Suikoden V made you less of a fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with others that, yes, it has made me even more of a fan. It is my favorite Suikoden now.

But...on the note that you are tired of Suikoden...you are not alone. I tried playing through Suiko V a third time through to get the good ending but I couldn't do it. I have played suikoden way to much the last few years so I've grown tired of it. Now I am back into the FFVII because AC came out (not a great story true but was good to us fanboys).

So I am actually enjoying the Suiko break while I wait for the next one to be announced. I assume, after a good break, that I will get back into it when the next one is released.

I also hope they do shake things up in terms of gameplay with the next one as well (not the 108 hunting but fighting and such). I hope for a fresh Suiko experience next time. And until then, I will enjoy the FFVII sequels and MG op for psp.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, don't get me wrong guys. I like SV a lot. It expanded upon most of the series' development, but at the same time it felt ALL to similar to me. For some reason, completing SV left a bad taste in my mouth and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm sure this will change when I replay it.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And didn't I tell you, Himuro? Ahaha.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep. Hehe. :(
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe should just stop playing Suikoden. There's really no need to justify it. You just don't like it anymore. That's all
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 5... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Suikoden 5 is the best game of the series.. I think I'm entitled to comment on this issue considering the fact that I have played Suikoden 2 about 7 times.. The story of Suikoden 2 is very good..But I think SV was better.. There were more mind games in SV than in S2..Gizel Goidwin and Lucretia Merces' mind games were incredible that I suspect that even in the last battle at Sol-Falena even if the Godwin's were outnumbered and outsmarted, the Godwins still has one more thing in their sleeve.

That was the factor that made me enjoyed S2 and S5 above the other Suikodens in the series.. Strategies.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

malicesoul wrote:
Maybe should just stop playing Suikoden. There's really no need to justify it. You just don't like it anymore. That's all

What...? You cannot be serious.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like everyone else, Suikoden V completely revitalized my already zealot-level adoration of the Suikoden series. I and II were the two that made me fall in love with the series. III I anticipated like crazy, it was the only reason I bought a PS2, and I loved it a lot, but it just didn't feel as "big" as the first two. I was quite disappointed in IV, I thought it was really "thin" feeling. And I still haven't bothered to finish Rhapsodia. For a while, I wasn't as hardcore a fan of the series as I was in the beginning.

But V, oh man, I only just beat it today, but the entire time I was hooked, and I loved it. The game felt so familar, but so fresh at the same time. It really did make me much more of a fan of the series- or rather, it strengthened my already dangerously-high level of fandom. I couldn't have been more pleased with Suikoden V, and I hope the series continues to be this strong. This is the Suikoden I fell in love with and remembered, and I'm really pleased it's back.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, at first i kinda don't really like the game....
because there's many new systems happening, new Tenkai, new SoDs and new places that i don't know....
but after playing further, i loved the game so much....
i think the people who doesn't really like Suikoden 5 is because they haven't get used to yet or maybe because of the long play time maybe...
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This was my first ever suikoden title. after beating V i bought suiko 1 , suiko 2 and suiko 3.

its made me a diehard fan an di hope to play all of the game sin the series multiple times!
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

malicesoul wrote:

I agree, there's nothing really wrong with not being satisfied this game, nor is there anything wrong with getting tired with the series. Afterall, they've been doing the same basics for most of the games.
Mute hero, who gets involved in a war, then inherits a rune, gets betrayed by at least one person or more, loses someone they care about, overcomes the hardships, then finally beats the enemy and finds out they aren't as bad they seem.

Not saying we should be bored to tears here either, but it can be repetitive to some. Personally I still enjoy the basics, and might even feel disappointed if they didn't have them. To me, it's tradition if you will, and why I still enjoy it.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No but seriously. That actually kinda hurt. Suikoden I-III are really special games to me, so to say that I'm not up to par to continue Suikoden just makes me feel bad.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naw...I wouldn't take it as having been a comment that you're somehow lacking because you weren't satisfied with V or anything, Himuro. I kinda think malicesoul is just saying that you really don't have to force yourself to like something. If you replay it and change your mind, that's dandy. If you still kinda feel like it didn't float your boat, it's not a big thing. It can be that particular game or the series.

You mention one example in my book, since I'm not a huge fan of Suikoden III. I liked a few of the characters a whole lot, but something about it just didn't really grab me like I or II. Not saying that it stank or anything, it just wasn't one of my top games. But if you like it, more power to you. I mean, I have a costume of a Harmonian that I made based mostly based on Sasarai's get-up and the uniforms out of the Gaiden, so it's not like I hated it with a passion or something.

I think we can all agree to disagree some of the time. Well, for some of us it's most of the time.
Baggins

Brotherhood of the White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Less of a fan? Less of a fan? This is one of the most epic games I've played! It brought back many things that I simply adored about the first two games that I've missed in 3 and 4. (Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed 3 and 4, but like other people have said, it just didn't feel as much like... Suikoden.)

1.) The World Map. This was the first thing to jump out to me in Suikoden 3. It just gave it a completely different feel that I just didn't appreciate.

2.) The six-man, individual command system. (The added "Formation" system was a very nice touch, too, I might add. At first I didn't even realize that each formation had a special "move" that everyone could do as well, much like the charge command in 4. The variation was great!)

3.) The ability to sharpen the weapons of people in your reserves and such. This was missing from 4, and I greatly enjoyed its return. It made things much less tedious.

4.) Beloved characters, including (but not limited to) Lorelai, Killey, and Georg Prime. (The added back story on them all was especially nice.)

5.) A very interesting rune. (The elemental runes were nice, but having FIVE true runes in a game? They lost a little bit of their mystery, and it almost felt like a copout. And the Rune of Punishment was nice and all, but seriously... not my favorite Tenkai true rune.)

6.) Decent support runes, such as the Killer rune, the Magic Absorb rune (SO helpful!), and other such things.

7.) The Howling Voice Guild! I've been missing those Harmonian assassins! Cathari was just a great addition, too, especially with her Godspeed Rune.

And then there were the simple additions!

1.) The new duel system. I loved it! The "timed" portion of it made it a bit more exciting. Plus I enjoyed the whole "If you match the other person's attack, then you have to battle to see which one lands!" And the choreography was awesome, too. You could tell that your hero was a skilled fighter, while it felt in 4 that he was just lucky a bunch of the time.

2.) The link between the Night Rune and the Sun Rune. Now THERE'S a backstory that'd be interesting to hear...

3.) Mind games, betrayals, and double agents, throughout the game. You never knew who was on WHAT side for certain!

4.) A non-Silverberg-related Tenki star! Lucretia has taken my #1 Strategist spot, I believe. Again, I love the Silverbergs, but Lucretia's just amazing.

5.) References to previous games. True, an option to load data from a previous game would have made it better, but the cameo appearances of Milich Oppenheimer and other leaders, as well as the reference to Lino en Kuldes and such were nice touches as well.

6.) 55 hours of gameplay on my first runthrough. 'Nuff said.

7.) The close relationship of the Prince and his whole family, and the obvious growth of the Prince throughout the game! Plus, we've needed another "Gremio"-type character for a while- a steadfast protector and same-time best friend. This filled that desire quite nicely.

8.) A freakin' awesome castle! The others were cool, yes, but I hadn't read any spoilers before I played this game, and I kept thinking, "How the HECK is he gonna end up with a castle? Are they going to just have his 'castle' be Rainwall or Raftfleet?'" I was very pleasantly surprised.

So yeah, there's my overly long but very pleased final impression. The multiple endings, the possible "bad" endings, and even the small branch in storyline is very nice, too. This definitely gets a 108 out of 108 stars rating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: wishing suikoden V be more popular Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi guys. Im new here and also new to suikoden series. I played Suikoden Tactics first before SV. Needless to say this is the only game(both tactics and SV) that got me so passionate about games overall. Ive never played a game with such amazing storyline. the world of Suikoden is like, the whole book of LoTR plus its other instalments. After this, i would definitely buy anything Suikoden.

Now the problem im having is...im having trouble finding any ANY pictures, screenies, drawings or anything related to suikoden 5 so im asking help from fellow suikolovers to help point the direction towards any website that have them.

spoiler :no: hilight please

Erm i got a question tho, is it true that if i dont get all 108 SoD the ending would have been sad even if i did win the game with good ending(as in, beat the game overall)? Just a yes or no please and no spoiler for events after Miakis joined.

end of spoiler :no:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: