Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Dawn Rune and the Twilight Rune *Spoilers*(Maybe)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swordsman from Kanakan

Organization XIII

19053 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: The Dawn Rune and the Twilight Rune *Spoilers*(Maybe) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are the possessors of these Rune do not age. . .? I was thinking of it. . . Thanks for the answer. . . in advance!
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They DO AGE. The Dawn and Twilight Runes are not True Runes
GallantWarriorGeddoe

3297 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't remember I think it is said somewhere in the game, but is the sun rune a true rune?
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed it is.
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interestingly, that means it is very difficult to get rid of one Queen. So one could suspect the Queendom to be either pretty stable or pretty chaotic depending on the quality of the Queen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ Most queens do not bear the Sun Rune anyway, only Arshtat did.

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My theory on that being that the Sun Rune is aware of the longevity of the Queen, and thus it only gives power to those who can keep an orderly Falena. (Since it seems to lover order so much).

But yes, thanks for reminding me :mrgreen: My memory is, unfortunately, terrible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hibicus

Lunar Edict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But, it seems like everyone who has borne the Sun Rune either destroys their nation or comes dangerously close. Sounds less like "order" and more like a double edged sword to me, with a side that supports life, and a side that sunders you a new one.
Swordsman from Kanakan

Organization XIII

19053 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks! Hehe. . . I forgot. . . that only true Rune Bearers do not age! And the Dawn and Twilight Runes are not True Runes. . . Now I understand. . .
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most Queens don't bear it, making it, interestingly, one of the few nations that posesses (that's a lot of s's, isn't it?) a true rune without bearing it - like Highland. Both runes seem more sentient than a lot of them. Although, unlike Highland, the Queen can bear the Sun rune, thus I guess putting it between Harmonia and Highland in terms of their runes. :P

I think it's interesting that Lyon and HeroV give up their runes right away as soon as the game is over. I don't think that's ever happened in a Suikoden game before. Though after seeing what happened to Sialeeds and Alania (and Arshtat, with the Sun rune), I don't blame them for wanting to give them up so quickly.

Hibicus, I think that's order at it's largest extreme - when there's nothing living, there's no chaos, now, is there?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are forgetting that the Emperors of Scarlet Moon don't bear their True Rune either.

The Prince and Lyon probably decided that since the Sun Rune has finally been rescued, it was time to return its two guardians to where they belong. It feels like they did it out of obligation, instead of out of choice. Obviously, in the first place, they probably didn't want to hold onto those cursed runes for longer than they needed to anyway.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
You are forgetting that the Emperors of Scarlet Moon don't bear their True Rune either.

But they do, in that they have them on them in that sword. And Barbarossa could use that rune, IIRC. They don't attach them, but they definately seem to use them.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it would be problematic for Lyon and the Prince to hold onto those two runes based on the fact that they are the only line of defense against the Sun Rune oblitorating everything in its path. Besides, those two are supposed to be close to the Sun Rune, separating them from it is entirely too dangerous.

To add, the Blue Moon Rune was not to be beared by Sierra. It sat on a throne in the village satiated the bloodlust of all the vampires. Similarly, I doubt the Gate Rune was attached to a bearer before Harmonia attacked the Gate Rune clan forcing Windy and Leknaat to bear halves of it. Seems like there is an heirarchy for True Runes which some choose to be almost subserviant and others refuse to lend their powers without a sacrifice.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe all True Runes were meant to just be respected or worshipped by the people, and not meant to be used by people, even though the Runes are able to chose their host. Runes are their own entities, and they have minds of their own. They only do what they believe is right, making the bearer of the rune do whatever the Rune wants. All the True Runes have examples of this. Here are a few.

Soul Eater- Took the lives of the people closest to the bearer.
Rune of Punishment- Took the bearer's life.
Rune of Beginning- The bearers of the two pieces (Bright Shield and Black Sword) would be enemies until the end because of the rune.

All the other True Runes have examples of this. The Sindar obviously had ways of controlling the runes, and they obviously used them for something. Leknaat just makes sure that if people were to use True Runes, that they would be sure to know how.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regardless, they put the two runes(Dawn and Twilight) into magic busts like the sun room and keep them in the sealed room now don't they? I didn't get the best ending yet but the ending I did get showed me that and I figured it was right. Is the best ending different where they keep the runes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: