Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anyone know what is in the northern part of Falenan continent?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Anyone know what is in the northern part of Falenan continen Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i saw theirstars.com map and i saw that there was a large area north of Falenan that was not show in suikoden 5. My question is anyone know what is up there? Is that where the crimson pilgrim are? And is that area controlled by Falena?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd speculate that yes, those are where the Crimson Pilgrims should be.

And also, I say that the reason they aren't shown in S5, was because:

A. They'll play a major role in the Final game.

B: They're in Falena, but theyre not part of the continent itself. Maybe it belongs to some other country.

C: Nothing's there, other than a tribe of red-wearing people.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What we know is that the Ashtwat Mountains are up there, so are the runes the Sindars dedicate to the Sun rune. We also know that Isato and Urda's homeland Aleseid is also up there.

Also it strikes me as odd if the Top territories DO NOT belong to Falaena.
There are not a single fort between Sol-Falaena and the Northern Coast of that continent. Who would leave the capital of a nation so exposed to an invasion from the north, especilly if the Northern area contains another nation or is an extension of another nation. This makes me believe that the North is under the control of Falaena.

I think its too big an area to be just populated by just the Crimson Pilgrims...unless they are a nation sized group( which will definately be noticed). I dunno if they will be involved in the final game. Since they pretty much show up only in the form of KILLEY. And Killey seems completely uninterested in the True Runes..just the Sindar. IMO, the Story of Suikodens revolve around Runes.

Finally, we have no idea how much of the Northern parts are mountainous. Maybe the entire area is mountains, which will mean that there is really NOTHING up north and only the Pilgrims populate the area. That will also explain why there are no forts in the north, because the mountain range forms a natural fort for Sol-Falaena.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they're just Falena, but more barren/hilly than the area to the South, where most of the major commece takes place. It's also probably not on the river, and Falena looks like a nation where the majority of their cities can be found via the river (hence why Raftfleet can do so well). And that's also probably why flooding would be such a major problem - it would affect every single major city. The north being mountanous wiould also explain why the capital is located so far north - it's a natural baracade against enemy invasions.

If the Arshtwal mountains are any indication, it looks quite cold and miserable. It's probably inhabited by only a select few people - including perhaps the Crimson Pilgrims, who I can't imagine are a large group if they all live in a tree. :p (Assuming Killey was telling the truth in his story, and Zweig was accurate in his predictions. More likely, I think, is Killey fed Zweig a lie to throw him off the Sindar's trail. Killey doesn't seem interested in helping people finding the Sindar so much as keeping their secrets exactly that - secret.)

I doubt they're involved in the end game, unless Killey is involved in it. Which I certainly wouldn't protest. :p

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it may be that parts are simply uninhabitable; if it's mostly mountainous, there wouldn't be much of a need for forts, except for lookout purposes, due to the natural barrier. the lack of hospitable enviornment would explain why it's sparsely populated (one tribe/clan, etc.) rather than having a larger population.

harsher climates will dictate how many can survive in a given area, after all.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering that Hershville and Estrise are the main ports (Estrise would be rather inconvenient to use for trade with Island Nations if they could have a northern port), I imagine the northern area is mostly mountainous and uninhabitable except for Killey's people and the village of Alseid. So in that sense, the Crimson Pilgrims are probably autonomous (like the beavers, dwarves, and dragon calvalry were) or simply are an 'unknown factor' that the Falenan government has no knowledge of.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Remember, even the Scarlet Moon Empire had northern Kooluk as part of its domain and that was never referenced prior to Suikoden Tactics. (Yes, yes, game order blah blah)

It's probably made up almost entirely of the Ashtwal Mountains, I'd say.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the current view of northern Falena ret-con'd to hell in the future though.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The northern parts are probably just high mountain ranges. If there was any nation up north they would be mentioned or involved during Suikoden V. But there are perhaps towns which are non affiliated. As I recall an elven city must be in the high northern parts (northwest of Lunas).

Look at this map: http://www.theirstar.com/images/atlas/wm_nrm_lrg.jpg

Northeast of Falena and south of Nirva island, there is a huge Island. Now I would imagine it is habited and perhaps be a nation. But sadly we havent heard anything about it.

Also I found it weird is that the Zelant Kingdom is mentioned several times during Suikoden V, having somehow relevancy for Falena while Gaien which is closer is never mentioned. Also you must consider the Island Nations Federation is involved in Falena, with whom you can expect Gaien to have an animosity since they lost Razril and Middleport to them.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actual Gaien was mentioned it was one of the countries that attended the coronation ceremony
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes that Island...probably a big mystery that willl not be cleared up soon.

My gut feeling tells me that the Armes Map might be slightly off. It probably extends all the way up to the area OPPOSITE Estrise across the Sea. Because Shula's Troops are called the WESTERN MARINE corps..and well..from the map there certainly isn't anything that is MARINE-ISH West of Armes in that map....because the West is....Sable...and lots of Mountains+Deserts.

However, it can also be argued that the Western Marine Corps could be stationed at the Island Machiavellian mentioned...even if it not techincall West of Armes(its more of North West) and a entire corps so close to Nirva Island is sure not gonna make the historically antagonistic Island Nations Federation happy about it.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Actual Gaien was mentioned it was one of the countries that attended the coronation ceremony

But, also remember that the Godwins wanted MANY nations to come, to show them how powerful they really were, and to make sure any other nation could side with the Royal Family/Godwin Faction before they sided witht he Prince's army. Other nations that were invited were NEw Armes, Zelant, Nagarea, the Island Nations, and Scarlet Moon, from what we have heard.

I believe it is mostly Ashtwal Mountains in the upper area, along with woods. Th e northern part of Lunas was very woodsy, and it's evidentally not far from Alseid. Craig Laden mentions that Dragon Horses cannot manuever around the icy mountains up there, and all the other races mention that it would be too cold for them to handle.

Obviously, Killey has to wear all that clothing for a reason, so it could possibly be that the Crimson Pilgrims live in the upper area, but it is not Falenan territory, so therefore, the Crimson Pilgrims must not live there, since they are part of Falena, evidentally.

And I agree with whoever said that there would be ports in the north to access the Island Nations if they could put one there. Obviously, Estrise was the best for that since no other option to make a port was available other than Hershville. Speaking of which, Hershville goes to the Northern and Western continents, right? Well, that would be wuite inconvenient as well, unless they could build in the upper areas, so obviously, it is filled with something that is not accessable by normal ways.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Machiavellian wrote:
Also you must consider the Island Nations Federation is involved in Falena, with whom you can expect Gaien to have an animosity since they lost Razril and Middleport to them.

Well, not really.

1) It was about a century and a half ago.

2) Gaien lost Middleport to Kooluk and then agreed to a treaty that granted the island its independence in exchange for a Kooluk withdrawl.

3) Gaien refused to sent troops to defend Razril. It's obvious that Gaien had/s no interest in maintaining its colonies or regaining them for that matter.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was also wondering where is Zeltant acording to one of the endings it was in the weastern seas.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I do recall it is somewhere North West of the Falenan Continent

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zelant is located on the western continent. Zexen does trade with them because Zelant has the best armor and weapons known to man, and Zexen is the closest to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: