Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why did Jeane help Godwin?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Why did Jeane help Godwin? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering why the hell would Jeane help Godwin surely she must have know they were gonna use the sune rune and twilight rune for "evil" purposes.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhm, because they paid her money? Because she wanted to? Because she was interested?

I don't think there's any evidence Jeane is necessarily a "good" guy. (Or a bad one, for that matter.)

Honestly, there's so little out there that it's pretty hard to guess why Jeane might do so something.

And how would she know they would use the sun run or the twilight rune for evil purposes? [devil'sadvocate]How do you know they would, for that matter?[/devil'sadvocate]

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe, she knew what was going to happen in the war during that time, so she had to do something.

Or, she got paid a million Potch by Marscal. I would do the same, even if I had to fight that guy in the future, you know.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hehe...don't know but i think she is a girl that can't say no...think of her recruitment..from suiko 1-5...it always was like that:

Hero: Would you join my crew?
Jeane: Tehee..Sure why not?

you see..thats her 'i just wann have fun"-mentality or something like that ..so i wouldn't wonder to much that she helped godwin...
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe she was more interested in working with the sun rune. it's not every day you get the chance to work with a true rune.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah that would be another possibility. She seems to have relations to the ancient armes kingdom and the sun rune destroyed this nation..so she maybe wanted to research the sun rune while she had the chance to
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

it's not every day you get the chance to work with a true rune

But for her it probably is. We will probably never know until we discover Jean's "secret".
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She was working in the Rune shop, and Godwin paid for Rune-related services, I think she was just doing her job. :D

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It comes with the job. Anyone getting a rune attached might use it for illegal purposes after all.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was Jeane staying at Sol-Falena at that time? Or had she already moved to Kyle's hometown already? in any case, she must be pretty damn good. With all the runemasters that live in Falena she was the one chosen after all.

Unless of course, she got selected only because she lived closest to the castle xD

Last edited by Futch on Mon May 08, 2006 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
It comes with the job. Anyone getting a rune attached might use it for illegal purposes after all.

Hee. Is there a waiting period for attaching runes, do you think? Are there rune holder identification cards they have to carry all the time? Are there laws against concealed runes?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why she did it? It is her job....

She was the best attacher of runes according to Zerase. If you had recruited Jeane before storming Dorrat, Jeane and Zerase have a little talk about this. It wasn't anything huge I don't think. Zerase had asked if Jeane put the Twilight Rune forcibly on someone. Jeane replied yes, then replied no when asked about equipping the sun rune on someone. Zerase said something along the lines of, "If you couldn't do it, it can't be done"

That's off memory; I have a very bad memory so maybe someone can confirm that scene.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
Quote:

it's not every day you get the chance to work with a true rune

But for her it probably is. We will probably never know until we discover Jean's "secret".

possible that will be very true. guess we'll find out when we do.

Quote:
Was Jeane staying at Sol-Falena at that time? Or had she already moved to Kyle's hometown already? in any case, she must be pretty damn good. With all the runemasters that live in Falena she was the one chosen after all.

when we first met her it was in sol-falena where she was the rune mistress there. but why she went to kyle's home town i have no idea. maybe she knew the prince would be there to help her take her to the giant underground hole to retrieve that item she left behind.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I think she was simply interested in the results. From what I get from Jeane in Suikoden 5, she seems to take enjoyment in experimenting with unique runes. So, experimentation seems like a likely motive.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
Why she did it? It is her job....

She was the best attacher of runes according to Zerase. If you had recruited Jeane before storming Dorrat, Jeane and Zerase have a little talk about this. It wasn't anything huge I don't think. Zerase had asked if Jeane put the Twilight Rune forcibly on someone. Jeane replied yes, then replied no when asked about equipping the sun rune on someone. Zerase said something along the lines of, "If you couldn't do it, it can't be done"

That's off memory; I have a very bad memory so maybe someone can confirm that scene.

Yes, your memory is quite correct. It intrigues me how Zerase and Jeane know each other, and that makes me want to believe that Jeane knows Leknaat as well. In any case, it was just her job, and she got paid a lot of money, and also, Godwin had control over MUCH of Falena at the time, and it's not like she could have said "no" very easily. She probably also as a bonus wanted to work with the Sun Rune.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: