Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who do you regard as the most tragic character in the series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shun Min i think is very tragic. she got killed over a fish recipe. Most characters who have a horrible fate atleast get to do something. but she got killed over fish.... it just doesnt sound like the happiest of endings.
WalkerOfDawn

Howling wind

2544 Potch
16 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the 'prince' from 5 was pretty tragic I mean he goes through all that shit and gets nothing out of it. (depending on the ending) but most awful would be Seirra for pretty much the same reasons that everyone else has said. I mean who really wants to be a vampire and worse having the blue moon rune stolen as it was no human wanted her then you turn her into a monster thats just sad.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince's story may be tragic in some sense, but his losses made him stronger and now he has a greater will. He never wanted riches or glory (Remember he turns down the offering of being King), he just wanted to save his country from a tyrant. I'm sure regardless of which of the best endings is the true one, he is content with the results, and will always remember the sacrifices. He will live a happy life, as far as we know.

Now for who I consider the most tragic. It is a good tie between Luc's life and The Royal Family of Falena. Luc's been explained enough, but the Arshthat, Ferid and Sialeeds truly had the most tragic results of the whole war.

It starts with the Queen destroying it's own countrymen in a moment of rage and against her true will. Ferid formulating a plan to stop his own wife should the Rune go out of control, and in the end, The Queen taking the life of her most beloved against her true will once more. And I almost forgot Georg, who will forever bear the mark of slaying his best friend's wife, regardless of the cause. If that whole series of events it's not considered most tragic, I don't know what would.

And in the end Sialeeds. Betraying your own flesh and blood, to help them. Letting them believe you were a traitor to the end, and even going as far as fighting them to the death, just to ensure the Prince's victory. It all rings even heavier when you hear Gizel's last words. Sialeeds won the war...her sacrifice was what truly and completely ended the war. The Royal Family's story is probably the most tragic of any Suikoden of late.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also think Brandeau and his sidekick have a really tragic story...
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean the one who turned into a fishman? I forgot his name but suiko one showed that his(lol) fish fry had spread well enough that they have inhabited the area around Kirov and Kalekka. I guess he was just as good looking to fish as he was to ladies when he was human.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, Peck was never turned into a fishman. He was horribly deformed by the RoP and the Rune Cannon and then he was turned into ash when Brandeau used the RoP in an attempt to kill everyone on the ship when it looked like he would be captured.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare wrote:
Um, Peck was never turned into a fishman. He was horribly deformed by the RoP and the Rune Cannon and then he was turned into ash when Brandeau used the RoP in an attempt to kill everyone on the ship when it looked like he would be captured.

That part always confused me. Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would some people turn into fish, while Pecj turned into...a grotesque thing?
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CAPTAIN PLANET wrote:
Flare wrote:

That part always confused me. Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would some people turn into fish, while Pecj turned into...a grotesque thing?

Because it was the combined power of both the Rune Cannon and the RoP. Basically, pure power deformed him. He wasn't sent temporarely into another dimension, as that's how the process to create a fishman worked (this was discovered by that Mage guy, whose name I forgot, when he does his last experiment on whether it is possible to revert the transformation), rather his body was impacted and deformed by pure Runic Power, much like Edgar (who was killed by it) and Brandeau (Who was partially affected by it).
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm well i would have to say Brandeau has a pretty tragic storyline giving him some points, Jowy as well, especially because of his speech of the good ending. I dont know much about Peck but Tir was a definite-tragic character because he was cursed with the Soul Eater rune.
Snowe has quite strange storyline as well, not as tragic as Brandeau but worth the mention.
Clive & Elza are a tragic duo. And dont forget Pilika the poor girl...
Luc and Barbossa are both characters that went through rough times..

But out of all I'd choose Pilika....
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh and Ferid and Arsthat
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vai, please avoid double posting. Just edit your previous post.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd go with Teo McDohl, since his death absolutely made me cry...he and his son didn't really have to fight, but it was the fate of the Souleater Rune...and what Teo says while dying about being proud to have been surpassed by his son :cry:
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Teo wouldn't have relented. He was loyal to the Empire and his King.I think he would have fought Tir, and tried to stop him, with or without the SOuleater Rune's involvement. That's what I got anyway. Him sending his trusted Lieutenants along with you afterwards was just his response after seeing his Son's resolve. It was indeed a truly tragic moment.

Last edited by El Leon on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Luc. What with being a clone only created to hold a rune and be cursed? I wouldn't like to live knowing I was only ever intended to be somebody's puppet... His manga past was pretty tragic too, being locked away in the temple and only kept alive untill a replacement was made. ; ; I wanted to squeesehug him so bad.

Luca Blight was definately tragic as well with his past and asshole of a father. I'd offer him a hug but I fear for my neck.

Graham Cray as well had a fairly tragic past. His country noble's were corrupted going about razing villages to the ground, his was a victim of that. Then there was the whole ordeal with getting the Rune of Punishment, hacking it off and his son getting it and getting killed trying to stop the war mongering nobles from burning down their town. Cray ran away and Elenor got exiled for being his teacher since they seemed to believe it was his fault the village was burned, maybe they thought she had some part of it... He'd have to live with that guilt as well. And he batshit insane to round it all off.

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Elenor got exiled for being his teacher since they seemed to believe it was his fault the village was burned, maybe they thought she had some part of it...

On the records Cray was charged with destroying a whole village (which he didn't, and neither did his Son as the kid just killed the nobles who destroyed the village) and still grieving he vanished from SME. Since someone had to take the fall for what happened, they went after Elenor, made it seem like she knew something of this beforehand, and exiled her. Elenor was the scapegoat so the citizens would think their government had worked to avenge it's people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: