Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who do you regard as the most tragic character in the series?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth the Dark

17500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Who do you regard as the most tragic character in the series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At first glance I would say that Luca Blight has to be because he is mainly a victim of circumstance. What are some of your thoughts?
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, I don't know If I can tell at the moment. Im playing Rhapsodia and Peck's story really made me sad, It's way too unfair and tragic.

I don't think Luca Blight's story is tragic, he was just a bloodthirsty lunatic, and his choices are of his own, nobody forced him to turn into a maniac.
On the other hand, Peck just gets tangled into things that he can't control, which ends up in a way I find very sad (I need a better adjective here xD)
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its very hard to say there are many who's stories are very tragic. I found riou and his family very tragic. I mean being nearly killed by your own countrymen to create a war. Then to add insult to injury being branded a traitor and forced to flee the only home you know. Then being forced to fight your best friend and then seeing you sister "killed" in front of you. At least it ended with a happy ending
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I supposed many people would scream for Ted, but apparently I was wrong. I am not done with Suikoden III so I say Lucia in Suikoden II, because her father was murdered and she had to lead her village in times of war. Man, I know I have forgotten a person I wanted to mention, but I hope I will remember again in some time... Never mind. Gremio's story was sad in some ways, but that wasn't probably what he felt. And Tir who saw many friends die has something to tell about a sad story.

The Fool
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the moment, I'd say Peck as well. In fact, Brandeau I consider quite tragic as well. He's a good example of a person ravaged by forces he couldn't control. He didn't have the strength of will to control the Rune of Punishment and turned from a helpful ally to a violent murderer. Even Peck (who Futch is right, has a terribly tragic story) ends up shying away from him trying to save Lazlo and co.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i gotta agree with what axiose said. how peck ended up the way he did truly sucks.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote is for a character I can't mention in this forum, but I think you all may perhaps know who that is.

I think it's a split between Elza, Clive, Brandeau and Peck.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll say how Peck turned out and the death of Ted which was very tragic... :cry:
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about Peck yet, so I'm going to say Tir, since he is cursed eternally now with the Soul Eater.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brandeau for me. His story was sad, considering that a friend's death, a jerky pirate doing funny stuff, the death of an FBI Look-alike, a kid traumatized and a subordinate deformed. In one night.

At least Luca Blight kills Pigs. If he didn't there'd be no porkchop in their world.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Louis True-wind

The Black Blue Bird

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to me i say Jowy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd go for Luc, being in the first 2 games then turning out to be the main villain in 3 is pretty tragic to me and there's a dark history behind that seemingly innocent face of his.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc's quite a good one, even though I don't like his personality, I do think his story was quite tragic. Emo-tragic, but tragic all the same.

I don't really consider Tir/Jowy as tragic characters. Their fate is largely left uncertain and yes they have had stuff to suffer through (and such and such) but they're alive and on the up and up.

I think it's sad when you know people will have a tragic end. I think, even though you only met Brandeau for 5 minutes in Suikoden IV and about 10 minutes in Tactics, after the explosion when Peck and B-man left together, you knew it wasn't going to end nicely.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sierra's pretty tragic. Gaining the Moon Rune when she was 16 years old, she ended up going on a rampage, killing people who were close to her, and the spent centuries alone in some shabby cabin in the forest. She finds solace in the small vampire community she makes, but the community is destroyed by Neclord, and she watches everybody else die in front of her eyes without the aid of the Moon Rune. Then she wanders the world for centuries to gain the Moon Rune back. Yeah, that really sucks!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Sierra's pretty tragic. Gaining the Moon Rune when she was 16 years old, she ended up going on a rampage, killing people who were close to her, and the spent centuries alone in some shabby cabin in the forest. She finds solace in the small vampire community she makes, but the community is destroyed by Neclord, and she watches everybody else die in front of her eyes without the aid of the Moon Rune. Then she wanders the world for centuries to gain the Moon Rune back. Yeah, that really sucks!

wow that is way more tragic than what happened to brandeau and peck. good thing she managed to get the blue moon rune from neclord. since neclord did all that to her, i'm surprised in 2 they didn't give her a bigger role in killing neclord.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: