Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Neverwinter Nights 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Neverwinter Nights 2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Howdy all,

I got this game yesterday and it seems to follow straight on from the original in a gameplay aspect. There's all the same classes and some more except I think that transforming prestige class.

Anyway I've played a few hours of it and ... well I found it really frustrating but only because my freaking mouse was playing up and not registering left-clicks 70% of the time. For a point and click game that just drove me up the wall.

Anyway, assuming the clicking worked properly it seems nice and fun, and the introduction/training chapter is a lot different to the previous game which is definately a good thing because I went through that scenario sooo many times in NWN1!

Gameplay is just the same as the previous game, the biggest variation seems to be that you can take control of any of your party members, putting your hero character onto AI. This is similar to FF12 but I guess where it got the system from and what it feels most like is KOTOR where I was often pausing the game and choosing commands for everyone at the start of combat.

Graphics wise the default settings reminded me of a mix of Oblivion and Everquest, but after a bit of playing around and turning the graphics and shadows up to real purdy status the game is moving along nicely and looking fantastic. Looking at my character at the moment I appear like a rider of rohan from LOTR, and if I can get that kind of feel from the game its well on its way to being a classic for me.

There are some CRAAZY feats OMG - Monkey grip you can get right near the start of the game, and it allows you to weild 2h weapons in one hand! So that means you can run around with a spear and a shield or dual wielding two greataxes! Simply insane, though it comes with large accuracy penalties.

Anyhow is anyone else playing this? I threw my mouse under a bus and got a new one today so that my experience is no longer ruined by jobby controls.

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoy this game, I was suprised taht no one els had made a topic about it yet... It follows most of the core 3.5 rules, which is very nice. Has many a feat from most of the Compleates.(except the Suddens meatamagic feats and that makes me sad...) The gameplay is fun, and I like the fact that you don't have the constraning only 3 classes anymore.(though it is 4 now..) All in all it's a pretty fun game. By the way, Monkey grip is useful if you plan on using something like 2 Bastard Swords, because you don't get any penelties then.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got that demon rogue girl and am working on the areas around that fort... can you tell I'm bad with names? XD

I was running around with twin axes but it got a little annoying with all the missing, so I've gone 2H axe which seems more barbarian-like anyway, with power attack mode and greater cleave together my damage has gone waay up.

Oh a question... I tried clicking on a disease to see what it was causing, the two affected attributes ( -STR, -CON ) appeared as seperate debuffs but now they wont go away! Was it just chance that these debuffs appeared on the dwarf when I was trying to expand the other one or is this some kinda bug where it doesn't remove the extra debuffs if expanded?

Its quite weird for me having a large party so early on, I played the first NWN with two characters at the most, often on my rogue/assassin characters I just go solo because it makes sneak attacks way easier. I guess I can ditch people from my party?

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eventually you can travel alone, If you so chose. You need a restoration spell to heal debuffs gennerally. I hope that helps.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got the first game and the numerous expansion packs (Shadows of the Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark and Kingmaker) though I've not really played them extensively. I'm a huge fan of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting though, and am quite familiar with the region of Neverwinter Nights, so it won't be hard to get into the games. I'll probably order the second game with a bunch of other PC RPGs in the near future. Back in the day my computer could not handle the more advanced games that well (Doom and Duke3D were about as far as it could go, haha.)

Anyone who is familiar with the many Forgotten Realms novels know of any special character cameo appearances within this game? I always liked the Baldur's Gate series because of the appearances of Drizzt and Entreri (and even being able to play as them both in the second Dark Alliance game). I also find these sorts of games enjoyable if the history of the lands is explained every now and then. Does this game offer much in that respect?
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(I didn't realize this thread already existed, my bad for missing it. well i'll drop my post in here then)

I've been working on a project with some friends to design a persistent world for an MMO using the NWN2 toolset. and WOW! does this game have some high requirements, I've a brand new computer and I still get some choppiness, however I do need a new graphics card. So lets talk about the toolset.

Can you say In Depth!? This toolset is so indepth the game is actually a requirement program in the "Level Design" course I'll be taking for school. It's very indepth, and I can't really think of anything that it doesnt let you personally adjust in game. Some things are a little wonky, but overall it's extreamly interactive. You can raise/lower the ground in a fluid manner, letting you make bumpy ground, big jagged peaks, smooth hills, and deep sinkholes. It gets a little frustrating when trying to work ina strait line when the raise/lower tool is circular. But you can adjust it down to a pin prick so it's something that can be worked around. I really recommend this for anyone who'se had a good idea for a videogame and wants to pursue that interest and try to build their own world/story. Maybe a suikox member will take a stab at it and try to put togeather a Suiko world, that would make a great MMO and the toolset is really limitless in letting you develop area's. Only problems are that the whole program has a decidedly mid-evil feel to it, and the combat system is the same that Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 uses.

The character creation is a little limited as well, but there are .haks out there for additonal heads/hair/'etc...

One other thing I'm dissapointed in is that it doesnt have a "ride" feature. I mean c'mon, the game is designed to host MMO's, other MMO's in the market such as WOW have the ability to FLY, why can't Atari spend a few extra bucks and have their scripters figure out some way to working in riding a freaking horse.

Well anyways, if anyone else out there has some experience w/ this game and it's toolset i'd love to hear it, i'm currently struggling to figure everyhting out. There's alot to digest and the whole thing is very complex and not very user friendly. Also, in a few months once we have a few area's worked out, i'll need a scripter. So anyone with a good computer who wants to shell out the bucks for the game and has some scripting experience, you'd be a welcome addition to the development team.

I hate you Onimaru.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played with the toolset a little, only to the extent of 'place enemy here', 'power up weapon and place here' and that kind of thing. I managed to crash the game too, came to an unrecoverable area in the story where no matter what I do I can't get out of one of the areas. I eventually gave up and uninstalled it lol.

I may go back to it someday, but atm I don't think it'll happen.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Baldur's Gate had a simular system and I thought it was fine but it seems so much more annoying when I played Neverwinter Nights 1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: