Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Pesmerga Sucks Ass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:

*laugh*, just fire me dude.

Besides a pareto chart would suffice to show the greatest problems Pesmerga fans pose to the suikoden community.

Next coming up-- Luc and his fangirls.

Haha, I guess being a Gremio fangirl has its rewards. :lol:

But then again... there is that issue of Flik and Yuber. *Glances around* What? >P
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That has to be the best article you ever written SARS. You deserve a Pulitzer.

I honestly don't understand the Pez fans. Heck, they give you the most horrible reasons for liking Pes, and it's so unfathomable that you can't even answer back. I lost a few years of my life listening to some kid as to why Pesmerga should be the hero in every Suikoden. That's something I wouldn't even wish on my enemy.

I guess I wouldn't mind as much if they used common sense. Seriously, a fire started with that "Pemerga is Kogoro" thread. Now there are plenty of diehards making all these theories on possibilities that he's in all the games. It kinda reminded me of diehard fans of a certain Flower Girl that was killed by an OVERRATED villan.

Hey, nothing against the Luc fangirls, though. Some of them are quite pretty. And at least they can spell and take showers.

Besides, they always need a shoulder to cry on in order to mourn over his passing. You could make their day, heh.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But if said Flower Girl is revived... I know a LOT of people who're going to lose respect for that series (unelss they pull it off flawlessly which is highly unlikely) including myself. Not that, you know, I condemn all revivals in video games. ;) Well heck no *Points to her above post*

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
That has to be the best article you ever written SARS.

Exactly. He's only there to reinforce the other chicken villain who got just as much character development as he did.

'Luc and the fangirls' is next? Nice.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Ced The Lad wrote:
That has to be the best article you ever written SARS.

Exactly. He's only there to reinforce the other chicken villain who got just as much character development as he did.

'Luc and the fangirls' is next? Nice.

^^; I'd actually have to say the "other chicken villain" got just a little bit more development... you know, maybe a smidge. It would still be kinda nice to see something else about the "chicken villain" though. ;P It doesn't seem the passing of ages would really matter to him, afterall.
Erishon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't know if there's a single piece of this Editorial that I can't find fault with, so I'm not going to bother with a load of stupid quotations followed by comments and just talk about the thing as a whole.

This must be one of the worst - if not the worst - "editorial" I have read in my entire life. The points made about Pesmerga fans are blatantly stupid, making me feel that SARSAdmin doesn't actually have many decent points to put across. I mean honestly "They don't wash" - never knew SARSAdmin was a seven year-old (or at least possessed the maturity of one).

The main thing that annoys me is the basic Pesmerga-Bashing, and the fact that SARSAdmin clearly isn't playing the RPG if his only reason for liking characters is to make them into "tanks" by customizing them to the extremities. Pesmerga, like most of the characters of Suikoden, has had little to do with the plot so far. Let's face it, the majority of the Stars have little to do with the plot after they've been recruited, but do we complain about that? The fact that separates Pesmerga from them is the fact that there's obviously something going on between himself and Yuber and if you'll look at almost every fandom forum there is you'll find it's one of the things the majority of the fandom have passed comment or theory on at one time or another.

The fact that he can't remove armour is obviously plot-based, and adds a little more mystery to Pesmerga — something you would see if you'd take the time to look rather than complaining that you can't make him wear some other piece of equipment that will boost his speed to maximum and make him immune to lightning.

SARSAdmin claims that Pesmerga is lame — he has the "personality of a piece of cardboard and has zero character development" — yet he is one of the most talked about characters in the fandom, and if you'll read the large discussions based around Yuber, Pesmerga and whatever connection exists between them, I think you'll find that the majority of people can spell, do display logical thought, can use punctuation and do capitalize. Also, are we accusing every Pesmerga fan of spamming? Are we accusing them of being useless?

Pesmerga's not my favourite character, in fact he's far from it, however I know that myself and the greater majority of the fandom have enjoyed discussing him and whatever is going on with himself and Yuber. I don't see why, if you don't like a character, you can't just say "I don't like this character" and end it at that — after all isn't it the arguing caused by editorials such as this that caused SARSAdmin to close the Duelling Arena (the most inventive and original thing on the whole website)?

Clearly if SARSAdmin is making "editorials" like this, not only is he asking for people to get mad, but he's showing us just how mature he can really be.

Good Job, SARSAdmin: Thumbs Up:
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erishon wrote:

Pesmerga, like most of the characters of Suikoden, has had little to do with the plot so far. Let's face it, the majority of the Stars have little to do with the plot after they've been recruited, but do we complain about that?

I personally prefer the characters that have larger roles in the games but I know exactly where you're coming from. In Suikoden III I liked Mel but she had no... actual development passed the point of her bashing her hand puppet, Branky, into the wall. So I like both types, 'though I'm no huge Pesmerga fan myself.

It would be nice, however, to see him make a return. ;P And I think SARs was just getting pissed off because he's the owner of the site and probably gets a hell load of e-mail about "Pesmerga is the best! How cant you say he is the best!??!?!?!" I kept a small site on Final Fantasy VII for a while until the emails I began receiving drove me nuts (especially because I was an Aeris fan - not the kind that wants her revived, just in general). At one point I felt like flaming these people for flooding me with "AERIS SUCKS! TIFA BELONGS WITH CLOUD! I HOPE SHE IS BURNING IN HELL LYKE SHEEE PROBALLY IS... MWUAHAHAHA I WOULD KILL HER IF I COULD!!! HAHAHA!!!"

So although SARs's editorial wasn't the most mature it was quite understandable and not meant so much as a joke - but meant as a way to blow off steam. Trust me, it DOES get aggravating. Try opening a small shrine for a character and see the types of email you get. In fact, I don't remember the name of the site, but there's a couple shrine for Duo x Hilde of Gundam Wing where the webmistress posted some of the e-mails she was receiving. Look at those and you'll probably see why SARs is complaing.

Also, SARs appears to be fluent in Japanese from what I've read in the forum and so has most likely interacted with Japanese fandom, too. So he's probably had his fill of the whole Pesmerga bit.

Don't take this personally, I'm not trying to attack you or anything for your response. Yes, it was a little immature but sometimes things just get to you and you have to show some immaturity. Could you imagine being mature 24/7/365? Probably not. There's going to be a point where you have to display SOME immaturity so it's not exactly a fault in character - it actually shows that SARs is a regular guy and has his peeves. If you don't agree with the article he wrote it's understandable but it doesn't neccessarily mean that SARs meant it against everyone that likes Pes, just a group that probably bugged him at one point or another.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BTW, SARSadmin, don't blame Luc for his fangirls. Well, okay, maybe a little, but not too much. Angsty bishonen attract 'em like honey attracts flies, and I suppose it's his choice to angst. But he didn't ASK to be drawn a bishonen, now, did he? =P

Haha :lol:, So true! What? If I was a girl, I'd probably be one of his fangirls, lol. Though I am sad He and Sierra died, it's not the end of the world.

Don't take this personally, I'm not trying to attack you or anything for your response. Yes, it was a little immature but sometimes things just get to you and you have to show some immaturity. Could you imagine being mature 24/7/365? Probably not. There's going to be a point where you have to display SOME immaturity so it's not exactly a fault in character - it actually shows that SARs is a regular guy and has his peeves. If you don't agree with the article he wrote it's understandable but it doesn't neccessarily mean that SARs meant it against everyone that likes Pes, just a group that probably bugged him at one point or another.

This leads me to a questions for SARs, do you gets dozens of Pesemerga Fan PMs? Saying how cool he is or whatever, because that might be a good reasonm for the editorial. :-p

On a side-note, I wish the Duelling Arena would come back to, I never got the chance to participate :-( Also, what actually ahppened to make it stop? I heard there was a big fight between the houses, what happened exactly? (I came basiclly right after it happened.)
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people will read the editorial and have more respect for SARSadmin because he has showed that he is a regular guy.
Some people will read the editorial and have less respect for him because it was immature.
It is certaintly a controversial editorial.

As far as the quality of the editorial goes, I think it has to be one of the worst, all of the rest caused me to look at Suikoden in a different light or in a clearer light; I especially liked the one about the true runes and tarot. This one just got me annoyed.
However, I can see why he wrote it in the first place, so I don't respect him any less at all.

And I don't see SARSadmin actually caring about our opinion anyway. :S
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well even if he doesn't care about our opinions he's got 'em anyway. It probably won't be a life altering experience reading what we have to say about his work but sometimes it affects you in smaller ways.

Quote:

Haha , So true! What? If I was a girl, I'd probably be one of his fangirls, *laugh*. Though I am sad He and Sierra died, it's not the end of the world.

Haha, I actually liked Futch a hell of a lot better than Luc. ^^; I actually thought Futch would have more fangirls than Luc before coming to the online Suikoden communities to browse. I guess I was wrong! Of course I get to be the rare Gremio fangirl so blargh at you all :x *fake growl*
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keriaku wrote:

\

On a side-note, I wish the Duelling Arena would come back to, I never got the chance to participate :-( Also, what actually ahppened to make it stop? I heard there was a big fight between the houses, what happened exactly? (I came basiclly right after it happened.)

There was no big "fight" between the houses. Some people took the personal attacks to far and started harassing other members through e-mail and through other psychological intimidation. Clearly, there was no system to make sure stuff like that didn't happen.

Made me learn that people need a level of maturity to be able to act immature. When immature people act immaturely, it tends to cause a lot of damage to a community.

The discussion element of the old system was great though, it worked very well.

Anyhow, great responses to my editorial--almost exactly what I expected. I should do this more often!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While an editorial is indeed to show the opinion of the writer, it's still a load of crap if it's supported by lots of wrong facts, which unfortunately happened here. And I guess people were disappointed mostly because they expect more maturity from SARSadmin because up to prior of the release of that editorial, this site seems to be one of the mature ones. But when the editorial got released and people read how childish, wrong, basically stupid it was, people just got disappointed. High expectation, not so high result.

Whether the initial intention was to make the editorial as a joke or not, the only joke that occurred is the existance of that piece of editorial itself. Pesmerga haters would definitely love it because they share the same view as the editorial, and who would've passed the chance to openly bash people like that? But to the neutral ones, and especially the Pesmerga fans, that's just either plain dumb, or insulting, or both.

By writing that editorial, it seems like the members are being given the OK sign that we are allowed to insult others either blatantly or trying to cover it up with "it was meant to be a joke" or whatnot. This only degrades the quality of the site, and it's a shame for that to happen.

Someone mentioned that it was probably just to blow off steam. Sure SARSadmin is a human, just like the rest of us. But it's not exactly fun to see the admin/owner would blow off steam like that, who knows what the next step would be had he chosen to blow off the steam again in the future (well we know that it'd be about Luc and his fangirls, right?)

It would probably be better if the editorial had 2 clear parts, the serious ones, and the joke ones to clearly separate them. It's just cheap to put such editorial in the grey area and probably try to treat it depending on the response. But my biggest disappointment is still the mistakes involved in the editorial itself (like the damage, low stats, etc) that made Pesmerga look as if he's *that* bad. The least people could do is be objective about objective stuff.

Quote:
Anyhow, great responses to my editorial--almost exactly what I expected.

Well I'm glad that you consider the responses as great, but I'm more of concerned than happy if more similar editorials would be released in the future.

Quote:
I should do this more often!

Well if you read the replies, realize that some people were affected by what you wrote (and not all in good ways), and you still decide to do this more often, please know the limit of the buttons you could push. What you wrote about Suikoden do affect the Suikoden fans who visited suikox.com and I surely don't want to see people blowing out of proportion because of that just like how a simple generalization about Hallec in the past managed to piss off some people. That's all the least I could've asked. Not that my opinion really matters *that* much, but at least it could serve as something to think about.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg, you're obviously a very serious person as seen with your serious, concerned responses. Thank you for your earnest, through concern, it means a lot to me when people care so much about my site. You are truly an asset to this site.

With that said, here is a general response to everyone who have shown dissatisfaction or outward disdain towards my recent editorial--

For me, Pesmerga fans are quite honestly the most annoying group of fans ever, for a single Suikoden character. I can not say how many times I have been asked, "Is pesmerga in Suikoden 3? Is he in 4?" "Why isn't he in it?" "Suikoden 3 and 4 suck because Pessy isn't in it!!" Etc etc. After 3 years of this, you get tired. The editorial was an expression of that frustration, and I think I speak for a number of other admins of Suikoden sites as well, such as Kornholio, Kuromimi,and HowlingGuild of Suikosource. In fact, avatars for Pesmerga (and Yuber) are the number one "hotlinked" images from Suikosource. I had to remove avatar privs from a number of people here. Clearly, Pesmerga fans represent a significant demographic of people who don't care to read the rules--it simply seems that way.

With that said, I apologize to anyone who was actually hurt or offended from reading that editorial, but there are no guarantees that I won't do this again. Suikox.com is made primarily for my own amusement. It's geared towards more "non-serious" contents compared to other suikoden sites. It may be best for people who may find some material offensive to not come here at all--it's not my intention to make this site "friendly for everyone."

In the end, the editorial is just that--an opinion of one person. Feel free to disagree with it--it doesn't bother me. It's just a way for me to express my thoughts--no one can question that. Maturity and immaturity is a load of bunk anyways, so I just have to laugh when people bring that up--I don't care. Honestly, it's funny when people try to tell me what is and what isn't mature, I'd just say shove it up your rear end and mind your own business.

Anyhow, that's all I have to say about this. Anything else?
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With that said, I apologize to anyone who was actually hurt or offended from reading that editorial, but there are no guarantees that I won't do this again. Suikox.com is made primarily for my own amusement. It's geared towards more "non-serious" contents compared to other suikoden sites. It may be best for people who may find some material offensive to not come here at all--it's not my intention to make this site "friendly for everyone."

In the end, the editorial is just that--an opinion of one person. Feel free to disagree with it--it doesn't bother me. It's just a way for me to express my thoughts--no one can question that. Maturity and immaturity is a load of bunk anyways, so I just have to laugh when people bring that up--I don't care. Honestly, it's funny when people try to tell me what is and what isn't mature, I'd just say shove it up your rear end and mind your own business.

Anyhow, that's all I have to say about this. Anything else?

I basicaly have to agree with SARsadmin, even though some people may forget (as I did) with the somewhat seriousness of have nations and soldiers, and fighting other nations. But at heart, this site is a joke site (or atleast it seems to me) with having all the funny rumors and assumtions on the main page (what SARS stands for, Suikoden Assumtion and Rumor Shelter) Also, SARsadmin is right, this site is totally for his amusment, if he didn't enjoy this site, why would he continue updating it?

That's just something to think about...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't want you to get the idea that because I run this site for my own amusement, that I will do whatever the hell I want. Instead, what I am saying is that this site is pretty much a showcase into my own take on Suikoden. I think Pesmerga fans are annoying, they generally don't bring much good to a community (and that doesn't include those who like to talk about Pesmerga and Yuber's background, etc--the Pesmerga fans I'm talking about are those who simply say "Pesmaerga is kul coz hez got black 4rm0rzzz!". Many non Pesmerga fans find the plot element surrounding Pesmegra/Yuber to be interesting).

Oh yeah, and good point. Some people probably do get serious about my site, but the core of this site is humor and "having a little fun."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: