Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is there a specific time in which the Sacred Games should occur?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Is there a specific time in which the Sacred Games should oc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Sacred Games in Suikoden V's timeline happened at a very early time since Lymsleia is just a kid. Couldn't they just move the Sacred Games to another time in such a way that Lym won't be that underage? I mean come on, you hold a games to search for a husband for your 6-12 year old daughter? That's just not right. The only logical explanation i can think of is maybe the Sacred Games hold at a fixed span of time but I think it's not the right explanation for this. Could somebody help me understand the system? Falena is just so interesting including it's neighboring countries like Armes and Nagarea.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I recall correctly, some comments are made about the queen setting the time for the Sacred Games. So it would seem that the Sacred Games are held at the time of the queen's choosing. Arshtat deemed it an appropriate time to find Lymsleia a husband. It might seem odd, but Arshtat was out of her mind at the time. And keep in mind that a marriage at that age to a princess would be far more political than anything else.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they also mentioned that queens younger than Lymsleia have been married. And to men 20 years their senior.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's stated in-game that the Senate, namely the Barows faction, pushed for the Sacred Games to be held so early so that they could attempt to win it, thus making up the power difference between themselves and the Godwin faction within the Senate.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. It's the Senate at work here.

Plus, the winner will only be engaged to Lyms in her current age. They are not to get married until a later date. Unfortunately Gizel lacked patience.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, it's Senate Shenanigans. I believe there's a couple NPCs who even mention that it was moved up, and I don't know from where but I kind of got the impression they weren't that thrilled about having to do so.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that you guys mention it I do remember an NPC stating that the Barows Faction pushed the Sacred Games through. I guess that just shows that the Queen is like a figurehead puppet for the Senators to play around with then?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to a degree, perhaps, however, if she wishes to maintain goodwill from the senate, she has to entertain certain 'suggestions' from their members to keep a huge shift in power/loyalty from happening. arshtat and ferid knew that the barows and godwins were making big scale powerplays for control-the games were a small part of that.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Falenan Queen is a complete puppet figurehead, but she can't just ignore the Senate, who were supposed to represent the People.
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way I see it. that the game are held when the princess comes of age and that the wedding happen maybe five or six or even ten year latter. say if a man won the game and had to wait fiv or ten year those year will be spent training the young man in the way of the court.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But, like stated last year, the Barows family had it pushed up in an attempt to tip the scales in their favor. It was mentioned in-game that it was very early to be holding a Sacred Games.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: