Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

700 casaulties for muller?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: 700 casaulties for muller? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is it true that as long as i don't exceed that number they will join me? because i've accumulated less then 400 deaths from all the battles, and he even said " he sure took charge during the skirmish..." but later on he said "wheres our next target" and refused to join me. of course i recruited him using viki but it kinda pissed me off that i tried so hard to minimize casualties and he dint join me the way i wanted to.

for the 700 causulties part, do losing tropps and then healing em count?
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never heard of this before... They've always joined me. I don't think I've ever gone a battle with over 50 casualties, though (I do use the healing specials before the battle ends). I really don't know, but now I'm really curious if it's true. I'll have to find out in my next playthrough by killing my armies and not healing them.

I do know that you can recruit them in Raft Fleet (that's where I always find them). You can't recruit them right after the battle in Rainwall that they partook in. Where did you try and recruit them?
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: 700 casaulties for muller? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

proemthez wrote:
is it true that as long as i don't exceed that number they will join me? because i've accumulated less then 400 deaths from all the battles, and he even said " he sure took charge during the skirmish..." but later on he said "wheres our next target" and refused to join me. of course i recruited him using viki but it kinda *beep* me off that i tried so hard to minimize casualties and he dint join me the way i wanted to.

for the 700 causulties part, do losing tropps and then healing em count?

i was under 700 after my first battle and they still wouldn't join me. i believe i was even under 300 on the first battle and they didn't join. i guess when it says you must have a low death rate they really mean a low death rate.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thankz i guess so too. i recruited them in raftfleet. maybe it means less than ike 20 for each battle 0.o
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you can't recruit them, they always say "We need to find a general worthy of our services." or something else. Now after the battle at Lelcar, they will move from Raftfleet to the Lelcar Inn. I believe that casualties don't matter anymore after at recruiting them at Lelcar, since the last battle I was kinda bloddied, I had Viki, and they joined me soon after. Just remember to ask them to join, as LONG as Viki is in your party. If you didn't get them at Lelcard and Raftfleet, you'll have one last chacne over at Doraat, after beating Alenia.

At least, that's what I experienced.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't really need Viki in your party, just any CUTE girl, like Lyon, Viki, etc. I had them join me with Lyon in my party.
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recruited them at Doorat.

They go from town to town until you fight an army battle well enough to be "worthy of their services."
Hibicus

Lunar Edict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arts03 wrote:
You don't really need Viki in your party, just any CUTE girl, like Lyon, Viki, etc. I had them join me with Lyon in my party.

But... When I recruited them, Wilhelm specifically asked for someone besides Lyon. Then I showed up with an entire harem.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man...I just kinda went over and recruited them. I had no idea that there were conditions involved. Of course, I found the strategy battles to be ridiculously easy in Suikoden V...so I suppose I just incidentally happened to be getting Victory+ all the time as a matter of course. It seems like I blundered through about half of Suikoden V without any of this inner knowledge of its workings.

The earlier you recruit them the better, by the way...since they can't be used in your party, and they're extremely powerful in the large army battles, you want to use them for as many of them as you can. Just form a regiment with Wilhelm and use Mueller as his second. If you want to toss Richard in there, that's just gravy (+9 Attack!); anyway, they form the Lindwurm Cavalry, which I believe is the strongest major battle unit in the game.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, this is kinda shocking... This makes me wonder what other seemingly easy to get characters have actual conditions...

I've used the Lindwurm Cavalry in every single major battle after recruiting them. Probably the most devastating force to regular infantry out there!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I though that their conditions of recruitment was the "bring sexy chicks" thing. I never once thought they needed to fight for a general who loses few casualties. I picked them up in Raftfleet as soon as they showed up. I just brought all the girls I had recruited and he took fancy to one of them, although I can't remember which.

And I have always said the Lindwurm Mercenary Brigade is the best in the game. I wonder if they are stronger than Gilbert's mercenaries at their peak. We'll never know though, will we. Anyhow, I'm eagerly awaiting a response from someone who has done poorly in major battles on purpose to see if this is true.

To those who got them late (in Doraat or Lelcar) did you bring any sexy females to them when you tried to recruit them in Raftfleet or were you with just Lyon and dudes?

I reccomend those that play this to get them early as possible, not just for the Lindwurm unit in major battles either, but for the ability to get Richard. He's quite possibly one of the best characters in the game, he has massive evasion and does ridiculous damage compared to other units. He's a god. Meuller should be gay for him, not the other way around.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, now you need sexy chicks...? Man! It keeps getting more complicated! I just kinda walked in and got'm, without a second thought to any conditions! My luck can't possibly that good...
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems that you only need sexy YOUNG chicks.
Come with Lyon, Norma and Viki (all 16), Wilhelm will join you right away.

But beware, he only like young girl! Jeane, Zerase, Sharmista and other beautiful women won't work!

Lyon & Miakis *.* I love you both *.*
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm i got them at raftfleet but i was kinda pissed i had to use the sexy babes cos i really tried to minimize casaulties. dint it say 700 cumulative? i had like 350 casaulties at most but they still wouldnt join me
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

either condition must be met; if you can't recruit them with battle, try hooking them with girls at the town you're in and you should get them. low casualties are supposed to be an earlier condition, i think, since some of the younger girls aren't immediately available.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: