Suikoden United and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Two different teams working on Suikoden now... Truth?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Two different teams working on Suikoden now... Truth? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I've heard some rumour, mentioned by someone at GameFaqs. Don't know where it started. But well, it says that there are two different teams working on Suikoden right now... One from Junko Kawano and one from Fumi Ishikawa. The latter may be working on following Suikoden 3's history, while Kawano just did some sidestep.

Anyone has more info, besides the fact this isn't confirmed at all?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's true that there are more than one "lines," but there's no info whether the other line has Ishikawa in it.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm, interesting.
I do hope Ms Ishikawa would at least be the character designer for Suikoden 5 :D
I am more excited about the sequel of Suikoden 3 then Suikoden 4 itself.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. I am looking foward to Suikoden V to see what happens after the end of III. But dont get me wrong, a really really am looking foward to IV aswell.
What, exactly, did they decide to go back in time?
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm pretty much on the side with everyone saying they want to see what happens after Suikoden III. ^^; Although I'd have to alter it and say whatever goes on from about 15 years before the first Suikoden through the future past Suikoden III.

Hmm, so what would two different teams working on Suikoden translate to? :| It sounds... not too great?

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So does that mean that Suikoden V is already in development, perhaps even far enough along to have completed the scenario portion? But if it does follow after Suikoden III, that would bring up the issue about returning characters, if there were any. For instance, if the Flame Champion were to make an appearance similar to the McDohl side-quest, how would Konami pull it off? Would they simply choose an "official" Flame Champion from Hugo, Chris and Geddoe, or would they go through the trouble of programming something for all three and accessing the one based on an imported Suikoden III saved file?

But thinking about it a little more, such a cameo would have to be accessible only via Suikoden III save other wise it could be pretty messed up for people who haven't (or couldn't in regards to PAL gamers) played Suikoden III.

It would probably be less of a headache for Konami to simply choose one official Flame Champion and leave it at that, though it would increase the replayability factor of both Suikoden III and V if there were three unique side-quests based on whom you chose in Suikoden III as the Flame Champion.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I think it's official that Hugo is the Flame CHampion. At least Suikoden 3 manga confirmed it. I don't remember if there was another source that stated it though.

And if Suikoden V is already being developed, I sure hope that they started working on the plot since Suikoden III end. They need to put much more time and work on the story, and I mean A LOT.

Or perhaps they will take the easy way out again, with no returning characters and no explanation to a list of 1000's of loose ends and plot holes of previous games. Yeah, it's more likely to happen that way.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They kinda hinted about the continent west of the Grasslands across the sea as being the subject of the next Suikoden. I remember there was some dialogue with Albert in Chapter 5, but my mind's a bit fuzzy. I'm currently in Chapter 4, so I'll try to see if my memory serves me correctly.

It seems like that would be the easiest scenario because you wouldn't have to worry about the Flame Champion making an appearance in-game (I wouldn't really want the FC to appear anyway).

Besides, I'm ready to see the Caesar-Albert drama unfold anyway.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
[/b]They kinda hinted about the continent west of the Grasslands across the sea[/b] as being the subject of the next Suikoden....

*tries very very hard not to squee excitedly*

... ... ...

*fails* OMG SQUEEE!!!!!!

Am I the only person who think's if they follow Albert's ending, the next continent - might - just might - be Falena???

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that they make a Suikoden based in Falena. The possibilities would be endless. Ohh, now I am all excited.

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What hint said Albert? You must be talking about his ending. It said that he acquired a good status on Harmonia, but that he also was rumored to be working for a power in another continent. That doesn't necessarily mean that this continent will be the setting for another Suikoden.

Anyway... The type of story I would want for Suikoden would be like this:

http://tenkisei.oc.to/victor.jpg

Omg isn't that the coolest scene I've ever seen.
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol thats cheep

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think Falena is confirmed to be west of Grassland though.
But they will have to show us Falena sooner or later :D They have all those settings already: Queen's assinsins, Queen's knights, slaves, a clan that worships a red bird, possibly a Sindar ruin... come on thats a completed background setting already.

Hugo pretty much is confirmed to be the official FC. The manga showed it, the commerical of those keychains also showed it. If the FC were to make an appearence in the next game, they would probably just put Hugo in, thats what they did with Gremio, Riou and Jowy in Suikogaiden anyway.

I would love to see returning characters though T.T Not as many as Suikoden 2, but just a few like Suikoden 3 is fine. Thats probably why I dont care much about Suikoden 4... the only returning character that I am curious about is Ted...

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena is either east of dunan, or far south of Toran, according to official sources (which contradict).
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I dont think Falena is confirmed to be west of Grassland though.

I don't think Falena has been confirmed to be anywhere in specific (the way the grasslands, toran, etc. are), but it's the only introduced land so far on another continent, which makes me think it would be the prime space for a sequel. It's either that or the Nameless Lands, and I don't think Hallec is a popular enough character to warrent a sequel. ;)

(A sequel based around Hanna, though...That would rock.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: