Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime : What are you watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Based on your explanations, I'll probably pick up Queen's Blade, Pandora Heart, Hayate (again), and Sengoku Basara (though, I SWEAR I've heard that name before). FMA is basically a rehash, but shorter (like Dragon Ball Kai will be) where it's the same thing you've already seen if you've seen the anime. And I'll check out the Cat Shit One OVA :P. :)

Last edited by SixWingedSin on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I need an anime that starts with Q, but Queen's Blade will not be filling that role. The character designs look so disgusting that there's no way possible I could enjoy the show. All I can think of is that humanoid cow that I've seen, and I can't bring myself to want to watch it. As for anything that immediately interests me, I'm likely to give K-ON a shot, mainly because the name Kyoto Animation still carries some weight with me (because I'm one of the few that doesn't hold it against them for not bringing out another season of Haruhi). Other than that, I can't really recall anything jumping out at me as "Must see" anime. If something gets enough buzz around it, I'll likely give it a go, but I have so much to watch right now that I'm in no hurry to fill up on a bunch of mediocre stuff just because it's there.

~Uguu!~
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Milan Fiori":1ti4hjsa]Not really an anime but it's based on a manga anyways. I just finished watching the Hanazakari no Himi drama.
Was that the j-drama version or the tw-drama version?
funny thing...I unexpectedly got my mom hooked to the tw-drama version and....everytime it somehow gets into the subject of conversation...she goes on and on about how it's the funniest and most entertaining thing ever o.o;;

well to bring this back on topic...
I guess I'll list stuff again...although I've fallen seriously behind thanks to Tierkreis...

Currently watching...(and up-to-date on)
Shugo Chara Doki
Tales of the Abyss

Planning to watch (and I hear is coming out soon--aka next month):
Pandora Hearts
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S
Tears to Tiara ~~[It's synopsis reminds me of Utawarerumono =O ]

Backlogged (stuff I have the eps sitting around...but fallen seriously behind on watching):
Maria+Holic ((one ep left?))
Akikan ((one ep left?))
Asu no Yoichi ((is finished airing))
Kyou Kara Maou --3rd season ((is finished airing))
Clannad After Story ((is finished airing))
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou ((?))

Lost somewhere between backlogged & watching (stuff that I WAS watching...but haven't seen any "obvious updates" of recently)

Kuroshitsuji
Reborn
=================================
probably left several out.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":1v6mtce5][quote="Milan Fiori":1v6mtce5]Not really an anime but it's based on a manga anyways. I just finished watching the Hanazakari no Himi drama.
Was that the j-drama version or the tw-drama version?
funny thing...I unexpectedly got my mom hooked to the tw-drama version and....everytime it somehow gets into the subject of conversation...she goes on and on about how it's the funniest and most entertaining thing ever o.o;;

well to bring this back on topic...
I guess I'll list stuff again...although I've fallen seriously behind thanks to Tierkreis...

Currently watching...(and up-to-date on)
Shugo Chara Doki
Tales of the Abyss

Planning to watch (and I hear is coming out soon--aka next month):
Pandora Hearts
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S
Tears to Tiara ~~[It's synopsis reminds me of Utawarerumono =O ]

Backlogged (stuff I have the eps sitting around...but fallen seriously behind on watching):
Maria+Holic ((one ep left?))
Akikan ((one ep left?))
Asu no Yoichi ((is finished airing))
Kyou Kara Maou --3rd season ((is finished airing))
Clannad After Story ((is finished airing))
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou ((?))

Lost somewhere between backlogged & watching (stuff that I WAS watching...but haven't seen any "obvious updates" of recently)

Kuroshitsuji
Reborn
=================================
probably left several out.....

Reborn is at ep... *checks* 126. :) & Gundam 00 Anime Finished...
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I try to avoid Gundam anime like it's the plague (no offense...it just ain't my cup of tea)

gah...but it's so annoying alot of the things on me list are complete and I'm...not even close to the end
take Soul Eater for instance...(forgot to mention it last time..but it should be under my 3rd section...)
It finally reached ep 51 but I left off like....on ep 39 or something *facepalm*
KKM also was another one...(left off around 20 and it's 39 eps finished already...though I did manage to get through it a few days ago) *headdesks*

ouch....the serious backlog...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrm thought I posted in response. Yeah it was the J-drama one. The Japanese one is done in a deliberate over the top and cheesy manor so not to seem corny.

With a bit more look into things, I'm really really looking forward to Pandora Hearts. It's like D-gray man meets Alice in Wonderland. I can't wait to see how it turns out. And I didn't think Queen's Blade was too bad in the trailer... what humanoid cow..? I mean it's no worse than Ikkitousen in the breast department.

And Tears to Tiara was done by Leaf as well. So that's why it looks alot like Utawarawhatever. They're both computer graphic novels. With super stupid h-scenes.

I just finished watching Toradora and loved it. Figured I would, but it was better than my expectations. Finishing up the last bit of Hayate that I missed and waiting on Akikans final episode and MariaHolic to finish up so I can watch it from start to finish.

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask. What's with all the Marchen Awaken Romance characters in Hayate? I swear there's one showing up in every episode.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="SixWingedSin":1mor75yq]Sengoku Basara (though, I SWEAR I've heard that name before).

It's an adaptation of a Capcom's game by the same name.

[quote="Sailor Sexy":1mor75yq]I need an anime that starts with Q, but Queen's Blade will not be filling that role. The character designs look so disgusting that there's no way possible I could enjoy the show.
And the first episode features nipples that can literally shoot acid out and death by literal breasts explosion. I jest you not.

In any case, some titles caught my eyes this Spring:
  • Eden of the East:
    Admittedly, I was initially interested only because the character designer Umino Chika (author of Honey and Clover). Then I learnt that Kamiyama Kenji is involved (director of Ghost in the Shell: SAC). Then I heard the opening song by Oasis (band which... well, you know). And although the premise sounds like a run-of-the-mill thriller movie, the trailer looks promising.
    [/*:m:1mor75yq]
  • Ristorante Paradiso:
    I am in dire need of a good (non-comedic) slice-of-life.
  • K-ON!:
    Seems like light fun that involves guitars, keyboards, drums and basses. I can't refuse that.
  • Valkyria Chronicles:
    I never watched a game-to-animation adapatation series that is actually satisfying. The ones which are well presented (like Tales of the Abyss are usually too similar to the original source that watching them all over again felt redundant. In this one's case, however, I hear nothing but glowing reviews of the game and since I would probably never play it, the animation counterpart shall serve as compensation.[/*:m:1mor75yq]

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So! All the first episodes of the new stuff are out mostly. So what'd everyone think of it? I'm still waiting on Ristorante Paradiso though along with Scrooge. I was ecstatic to find out there was a restaurant based anime coming out that.

Anyways I liked most things overall. My hopes for Pandora Hearts was broadened quite a bit. The first episode left me wanting more, and also wanting a cool looking musical pocket watch. Like I said before I've read a few chapters of the manga though not a whole lot is translated which is a bit of a shame. Alice is just awesome animated though. She looks so cute in a dark sort of way.

Lessee FMA Brotherhood wasn't too bad at all. They started off with the anime only character stuff, since the temple arc and what not would pretty much be carbon copy of the original anime since it followed the manga pretty well at that point I believe. Never actually read the manga so the art is a bit weird to me right now. They did an amazing job for the seiyuus over all as well. Though Roy is sounding a bit too much like Urahara right now. He needs to young it up a bit. I still like Rie Kugimiya the best though! >_< (Can't decide if Louise, Shana or Mizore the best.. Oh who am I kidding? Taiga rules them all!)

Umm Natsu no Arashi left me a bit stumped though. Is it like Haruhi where the episodes will be mixed up chronologically since it's sort of a time based anime? Or am I missing something? It was pretty confusing for me either way. But I'll give it a few more episodes.

Shangri-la was a bit of an unexpected one. Caught it on crunchyroll when I was the new Skip Beat. The first episode wasn't bad at all so I'm keep my eyes on it for a bit I guess.

K-ON was just like... almost tooo cute for me. Yui is just way to overloaded with cuteness to almost sickening standards. But still probably going to watch it.

Queen's blade as mentioned above is just.. no. Not happening at all. First villian of the show is a bunny girl who shoots acid from her nipples.

Still have to watch Asura Cryin', Sengoku Basara and Tears to Tiara. Heard good things about the first and last one. Noone I know has seen Sengoku though so I'll have to find out on my own I guess! And I guess to wrap up the new stuff is the second season of Hayate. Which is well.. Hayate! Why change a good thing? Plus it's more Rie Kugimiya how is that a bad thing?

And last but not least finished catching up on Kurokami after I fell behind an episode or two, and am eagerly awaiting the final episode. The series is great overall but doesn't really do the manga justice unfortunately. They would have needed at least 25+ episodes to do that. 13 is just not enough. But hey.. Kuro is adorable so I'm not complaining.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first "initial reactions" to the "new stuff" I've checked out this season....

FMA Brotherhood --- I felt a little awkward watching it I have to admit...the animation feels like it's different too...even though it's suppossedly the same as the original series' animation? Or so I heard....(maybe because I haven't watched the oringinal FMA for so long that I don't remember it anymore? o.O )
I'll stick with it for awhile but if I don't see any big difference (and or favorable ones) between how it "shows stuff" vs how stuff was told "in the original".....might just stop watching it cuz of feeling that it's a waste of my time.......

Pandora Hearts --- I admit...I liked the first CM/PV better than the actual first ep...It felt rather slow-going and left me going "what in the..." towards the end. On top of that, I don't really like their choice in animation style...but I'll stick with it a little more in hopes that it'll eventually be as good as what the trailer made it seem as so...

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ ---Reminds me of a cross between Darker Than Black...Nijuu Mensou no Musume...and....erm...Burst Angel(without the echiness)? ahahah...It's seems to be setting up this whole "people being used as assasins/perfect soldier" theme thing....but it's doing it in a rather dark/intriguing (in my opinion) way...Definitely going to stick with it for a little more at least

Tears to Tiara --- Good so far! Definitely gives a nod to Utawarerumono series...(why did the 1st ep have to end on a somewhat cliffhanger ending though...although I read up a little on it's plot before watching so it doesn't seem as much as a cliffhanger to me than it was meant to...) If you liked Utawarerumono, I definitely say try to check this out. (Actually if you like the whole "small force growing into a big army force and overthrowing a Not as Righteous" theme thing of the Suikoden games...check out Tears to Tiara too! --Along with Utawarerumono if you haven't already lol :wink: )

In addition....I'm still waiting on a few first episode's subs unfortunately
((Edit2 edits start here))

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S -- (prequel to Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica if that wasn't obvious) Really like how it's starting out...unfortunatly I haven't watched the original for a long time so I've forgotten how they had explained their "past" orginally but oh well....maybe they did that on purpose. In any case, you could say I'm a fan of the series so I'm sticking with it =)

Hanasakeru Seishounen -- The first half of the first ep seemed a little irrelevant and random in regards to the plot (Transfers into a new school befriends someone then transfers out after a few scenes? What the.....
A little let down as well that the animation isn't as "top-notch" so-to-speak...as the promo images I saw of the show...[DAMNIT! FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!]...but I'll stay with it....

In addition also checked out/ended up picking up
07-Ghost -- A miltary/action type-anime...First ep was neither boring or random...in my opinion. Now THIS is how a GOOD ANIME should start!
The only thing that bugs me at this point is that the main character of the show has the same voice actor as Wolfram from KKM (and if you've watched KKM you might understand why I'm so weirded out by that...ahaha.....) Other than that...Looking Good! I recommend people check out =)
==============================
Edit:
@Milan Fiori: Kurokami 13 eps = the end? Are you sure? I heard it was 24 eps long

EDIT2: Finally watched the stuff I was waiting for so but so I'll just edit this since no one's posted...

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So of all the animes started this season, I've stopped watching all but Tears to Tiara, Eden of the East, Pandora Hearts and Valkyria Chronicles. The rest don't interest me in the least. The above ones at in order of favorite to least, though they're all awesome. Though Tears to Tiara might be falling down to second spot soon depending on how the next few episodes are handled. Octavia needs to fall head over heels for Arawn too! It's how the original story line went!

Okay! So what are people looking forward too for the summer series? I've only one. Though that one is the best of this season and of course that one is Wolf and Spice II! I want my Horo back. And yes, she's mine. She's cute, beautiful, cunning, funny.. damn.. she's not real. Right.. moving on.. sorta. I've been looking forward to the second season for a loooooong time.. By the way.. she's still my Horo!

And about Kurokami it is longer than 13 obviously since it's way past 13. I'm not sure my reasoning on why I thought this, since I can't remember anymore. I'm still way behind on it though.. However it's on Crunchyroll now so I can pick it up whenever I want. I finished watching Shugo Chara though. And am completely caught up with it.

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The summer season doesn't look too good if you're not a fan of moe. I, however, love the moe, so I'll at least be starting out with quite a few titles. Whether I keep up with them is another story.

~Uguu!~
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After much nagging and whatnot, I finally got around to watching Code Geass, and was not disappointed. I just need to find the time to finish up the first season. <3

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This summer season of anime?
There's quite a strange bunch of titles.....and maybe what Sailor said is true....but of the summer ones...I plan to watch (or at least try to check out)

Bakemonogatari
CANAAN
Needless
Spice and Wolf 2
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Utawarerumono OVA
Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Of the above titles (which I think all already have aired it's first ep at least) .....the only one I've found the time to check out so far is Needless.
Which is giving me a strange
This is a VERY random fighting-based anime...it's like a little bit of S-cry-ed, but only the weird parts...Kamen no maid Guy without pantsu kind of weird...I think I even felt a little bit of Sonic anime weirdness in there...
vibe at this point cuz it lacked any sort of "background plot" in the first ep to hook me.....

So I might eventually drop it for something better...especially if it ends up like a 50+ episode series....which hasn't been announced yet (I mean how long the series is)....but that's the vibe it's giving me too....

As I've still got 7 or so still ongoing anime I try to keep on top of from previous seasons ((These include 7 of the 8 I mentioned in my previous post as Crimson S finished airing))

PLUS I've picked up two twdramas that I discovered while I was in Taiwan (plus a site that streams said drama's within 24 hours of it's Taiwan airing): Mo No 18 Hao(airs weekdays) and Easy Fortune Happy Life (airs Sundays)

So I'll be pretty covered/occupied with the summer with watching those twdramas if I end up hating & dropping all the above summer-season anime I mentioned ((Though...I'll probably for sure keep watching Utawarerumono OVA, Spice and Wolf 2, and Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei irregardless of everything else))

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well there isn't much to see. Hajime no ippo New Challenger season 1 had finished several weeks ago, and i'm dying to see the second season. right now, im' going through gintama and hitman reborn. i'm also going to watch valkyria chronicles. i already finished the game, why not see the anime?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finishing up real soon::
Pandora Hearts
Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom
Shugo Chara Doki
Spice and Wolf 2
Tears to Tiara
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Still Watching::
Reborn
FMA2

Planning to check out or pick up next "season"::
11eyes
Darker than Black 2
Fairy Tail
Kampfer
Nyan Koi
Seikan no Blacksmith
Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra

On hold indefinitely (?)::
Bakemonogatari
CANAAN
Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: