Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime : What are you watching?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Anime : What are you watching? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With spring season being in full bloom, I'm curious to know what new stuff out of Japan people are either watching or keeping an eye out for.

I know that Anime News Network did a small summary of a few shows that were out for this season, but I'm curious as to what everbody else was watching and what their initial impressions were?

Few things I've been watching this season:

-Air Gear - It's not as bad as I feared it would be, sure the manga was quite a bit better, but this wasn't terribly horrid. I love the voices they gave to the characters and I'm stoked about the soundtrack's release.

-Gintama - AAARG! They ruined the anime! The manga was so funny, but this is just... almost like bad hijinks. I'm hoping this one will get better.

-Ouran High School Host Club - I usually hate Shojo, but this one's really got me excited. I loved the manga and I was so happy to see how closely they've been sticking to it. Seeing some of the scenes animated has me positively in stitches from laughing so hard.

-Disgaea - Well... I haven't watched past the first episode because it was a bit of a disappointment, but things will improve, maybe? I'll see if I can't watch a few more episodes.

-Gakuen Heaven - I've been a little worried with the uprising of BL games gone anime, but this one isn't so bad. A little boring, but it's got enough eye candy to keep me busy, I suppose.

Ugh... sorry guys. I guess I tend to base a lot of things off of the initial manga/series but I suppose it's not all bad.

So... watcha' watchin'?

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian

Last edited by Yohn on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to watch anime in fads, and i'm not really in one at the moment.

Currently I'm trying to collect Samurai Champloo, i've got like 13 eps then lost my source.

Also collecting the still playing in Japan xxxholic. My sister is a MASSIVE fan of this series since she's really big on clamp stuff. She's been collecting the graphic novels for a while but now is obsessed with the anime.

Still gotta watch all that FMA I have sitting around...

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever's playing on Adult Swim at the time, which is currently Eureka 7, Inuyasha, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig.

As for subbed anime

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: This is an absolute soul-taking anime on another board I go to. Everyone loves it to death, I like it and am also reading the translated novels but I'm not a superfan like most people seem to be.

Soul Link: A big Meh, the artwork sure is pretty but it is real slow the action starts in Episode three but I'm just following it to waste time.

Digimon Savers: Yeah a new digimon series, the artwork has been completelely redone. It's ok to me.

Fate / Stay Night: This used to have an even bigger fanbase then The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi but it's now being mosly eclipsed. It's based on a game that plays like a Suikogaiden it has three branching pathes and five different endings so the anime makers are gonna have a tough job. The recent episodes have been real good with lots of fighting.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever's on [adult swim] and On Demand is pretty much what I watch anime wise. Soo...

Inuyasha, Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig, Neon Genesis Evangelion, GetBackers, Area 88, some disturbing stuff on Wasabi, Maze for TV, etc, etc, etc. I might watch my Orphen dvds, or maybe Wolfs Rain or Samurai Deeper Kyo. Maybe the original MegaMan or Final Fantasy Unlimited. Record of Lodoss War sounds good about now...
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me it's what ever is on cartoon network/toonami/adult swin, or if i find some thing online. can't wait for .hack//roots to be dubbed and come to the u.s.a.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Hibicus

Lunar Edict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: What's everybody watching this season, animewise? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Adult Swim is pretty much where I get my fix nowadays, but NGE was the last series I really got into. GitS was pretty neat for awhile, but I just got bored (I swear Shiro Masamune is into bondage of something), Inu Yasha makes me cringe, and Eureka 7 is mecha anime for burnout skater dudes.

Yohn wrote:
-Disgaea - Well... I haven't watched past the first episode because it was a bit of a disappointment, but things will improve, maybe? I'll see if I can't watch a few more episodes.

hahaha - unlikely. Ragnarok the Animation, Tales of Eternia, most game-based anime is just fanservice where they forgot to hire writers.

...I am a very unhappy man.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The "new" anime I've been watching recently is mainly Fate/Stay Night and .hack//ROOTs

I was watching Disgaea too but after watching the first 2 episodes...I think I rather go back and try to beat the game then suffer with anymore of the warped Disgaea anime's plot...

oh....I guess I've been watching Gensomaden Saiyuki Reload Gunlock too....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: What's everybody watching this season, animewise? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hibicus wrote:
hahaha - unlikely. Ragnarok the Animation, Tales of Eternia, most game-based anime is just fanservice where they forgot to hire writers.

...I am a very unhappy man.

Yeah.... everything I've seen that was based off of a video game was rather sucky.... Like Star Ocean EX... I was really frustrated with that... >_>

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:

OOOhhhhh! I couldn't begin to tell you how much I love all things Saiyuki. It's almost a little depressing.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yohn wrote:
Nadistu wrote:

OOOhhhhh! I couldn't begin to tell you how much I love all things Saiyuki. It's almost a little depressing.

i heard that saiyuki reload was horrible?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lately, I've just been watching Fullmetal Alchemist, and Bleach. Trying to catch up on Scrapped Princess as well.

I've been intrigued by Fate / Stay Night for a while. Can anyone tell me a bit more about it? Like a basic rundown of the story, or something...

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://s4.invisionfree.com/aquastar/index.php?showtopic=2256
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/category/fatestay-night/

are both good places for the anime discussion, beware they both have an amazingly large amount of spiolers.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
The "new" anime I've been watching recently is mainly Fate/Stay Night and .hack//ROOTs

Yay! Someone else who watches Fate/Stay. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the anime. I don't think it's bad, but there are some weird pacing issues with the episodes I 've seen so far. Course, I guess you could say the same about the game. ^_^ The fanboy in me is satisfied at least though. I can see Saber running around! Yay!

The Chizen Star wrote:
I've been intrigued by Fate / Stay Night for a while. Can anyone tell me a bit more about it? Like a basic rundown of the story, or something...

There's at least one decent English site that I know of that has a good synopsis of the game, which will give you everything you'd probably want to know about Fate/Stay Night and more. If you want, PM me and I can send you a link.

In a nutshell, the idea is that there are modern magi in society, and every so often they vie for control of an artifact called the Holy Grail. The Grail is supposed to grant the person who gets it a wish, and so some families with strong magical heritage each are supposed to have a kind of champion that goes after it. The power of the Grail also allows these "Masters" to summon "Servants", who are spirits that are normally too powerful for a magi to control and the masters are given a control "rune" that allows them to issue three (and only three) orders that a servant is forced to obey. So Servants do have some measure of free will, unless one of these commands are issued...though the servants also require mana to survive, usually this is supplied by the Master. These Servants then fight on behalf of their Masters, and the aim of the "war" is to claim the Holy Grail, theoretically by eliminating the other Masters.

Got that? Good...yeah...it's kinda convoluted. The writer for the game is kinda known to be a WEE bit arcane in his ideas and his writing.

Anyway, the male protagonist of the anime is a "master" who finds himself thrust into the war, which he knows next to nothing about as he was never raised in the tradition to be a magi. His servant is of the Saber class and is, conveniently, the blonde girl that I use usually as my avatar, though he really doesn't like the idea of someone else (especially a woman) fighting for him and wants to be a hero himself.

So that's a very big nutshell, but there's still a whole lot more that's not really covered. The game the anime is based on has three distinct storylines that each show different possibilities of "what happens", so it's kinda hard to explain. The anime seems to pretty much follow one of those storylines, but there are hints of some of the others here and there as well.

If you need more info gimme a holler. If it's too much info, you've probably stopped reading already. ^_^

Back on topic...yes...as you can tell, Fate Stay/Night is one of the anime that I'm currently following this season, and I haven't really heard of anything else this season that grabs me. Other than that, I have DVDs and things...have a lot of catching up to do on Champloo and Ghost in the Shell SAC. Just recently finished Scrapped Princess and can heartily recommend that series. I think it got far too little marketing attention, but oh well. Also just recently got into Genshiken, so I'm a little behind the curve. ^_^ Other ones that I want to check out soon are Basilisk, Shakugan no Shana, and Noein. They all look kinda interesting. I also want to give Bleach a shot, but I'm not sure if it's really my style.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me im watching whatever on animax and Hero channel(if you dont know its a channel you can watch in the Philippines which shows nothing but anime :*laugh*: )

Right now its fullmetal alchemist,alice Academy,Kino's Journey and Princess Tutu(dont let it name fool you its a pretty great anime) that im watching
Hibicus

Lunar Edict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What's everybody watching this season, animewise? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yohn wrote:
Yeah.... everything I've seen that was based off of a video game was rather sucky.... Like Star Ocean EX... I was really frustrated with that... >_>

Oh snap. That was one of the few game-based anime series I actually enjoyed. Granted, having a friend who uses the alias "Ashton Anchors" led to all sorts of fun innuendo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: