Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your favorite/least liked town/dungeon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: What was your favorite/least liked town/dungeon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok i dont think there is a topic about this yet so let me ask what town di you like the most and what town did you dislike the most. And what dungeon did you love/hate most.

My favorite town has to be Raftfleet becouse its so original i dont think i have seen a town made of ships before in all the rpgs i have played.
As for the town i hated the most it has to be Saronix castle the reason for this were all those useless stairs you had to climb up to. It was so irritating.

For dungeon i liked the big hole dungeon becouse if its egyptian feel which was quite new to the series. The one i least liked was twilight forest it was long and sometimes i could'nt even see the path
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

favorite: sauronix castle. it's a castle by the water with the dragon cavlary...how cool is that.

least favorite: huad village. just didn't like it period. all the paintings and statues were just dumb. and that music sucked to.

dungeon: the big hole. was a big mystery on who/what used to live in there. but we know jeane/eresh may be from that place from what took place. plus it gave me the champion rune, so that's a big plus in my book.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Oisin

Fianna

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was also fond of Raftfleet- it had a pretty cool layout and I liked the music. My least favourite town was Sol Falena- the layout was confusing, especially when you first started out, and it made shopping a bear.

Dungeonwise, I'd have to say I liked the Big Hole the best, on account of all the awesome stuff and the sheer mystery of the place. Twilight Forest, on the other hand, was like taking a trip to the gates of hell...
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I couldn't stand Haud village. The look, the music... drove me nuts. I muted the TV when I had to run throuh it.

I hated the Twilight Forest the first time through. It was frustrating... oh, so frustrating. I'm glad I brought a good party with me that time or I'd have been really upset.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite town was Stormfist. I really liked the arena and Godwin Castle. Least favorite is tie between Haud and Doraat. Haud because of the awful music and ,as Zegai put it "An attack on my senses". Doraat was pretty boring , it's dull and small.

Least favorite dungeon was the Deep Twlight Forest, that place had too many turns for it's own good. Would've been more easier if the camera was'nt so awkward.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Town: The Ceras Lake Castle, by far, is my absolute favorite location in Suikoden. That place rocks! How easy is it to defend that place? Just >leave, go to the sullice (I know I mispelt that) gate, flood the whole place, and clean up the left overs.< Easy! I love it!

Least Favorite Town: Huad Village... "My eyes! My eyes! I can't see!!! D-did Mimi Bobec design this hell hole!?!?" Those were my first thoughts, anyway...

Favorite Dungeon: That would have to be... The final dungeon. That was cool, I felt like I was playing a 3D version of Final Fantasy III/VI. An awesome feeling.

Least Favorite Dungeon: That Deep Twilight Forest, for pretty much all of the reasons you all have mentioned.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite town is probably Sauronix Castle as well, so pretty :D I really liked Rainwall a lot too, though.
Haud, as it seems goes for most people, is the most horrible ever. That said, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be that way.

As for Dungeons, I liked the mountain outside sable. Started with an R, I can't think of the name though. I was fine with twilight forest as well, even if I did get stuck there for 2 hours. I don't like the big hole myself. Just a lot of winding around.. I really liked the music there though. Having to return to that damn whole for various characters was a bloody pain though.
Waterfall basin was pretty, but also a pain because I had to go back a couple times.

-My DeviantArt-
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Town: Huad Village, because everyone else hates it, and because the music was awesome! Also Dorrat it was waaaaaaaay the hell to big!

Least Favorite Town: Raftleet, because I hated walking back and forth back and forth back and forth, drove me nuts!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.

Last edited by Jorge Prima on Sat May 06, 2006 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite town: Yashuna Village! What's better than a resort by the water with pretty music? Though if I were the Prince, I'd be asking for some damn pink lemonade too. I sorta liked Sable too... the music, anyway.

Least favorite town: Probably Doraat (all those stupid doors take forever to open).

Favorite dungeon: Hmm... none, actually. The Baska Mine once it got its shortcut, lol.

Least favorite dungeon: Definitely Twilight Forest. I don't mind it being a maze, but when I run into enemies every two seconds (I guess this can be fixed after a while with a Champion's Rune... and a party that's leveled up enough), I start to hate the place.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fav Town: Raftfleet - Very cool looking vibrant colorful place. I like the fact that its a moving town floating on water, made entirely out of boats. I like the music too

Worst Town: Gordius - I hate their no girls policy. What's up with that? Won't be able to bring half my favorite characters there either. I hate that sausage fest of a town!

Fav dungeon: Ashtwall Mountains - I think its about times Suikoden got a snowy winter-like area. I just like snowy and icy towns and dungeons in general. Very pretty to look at, unlike to dull and boring sewers and caves. So tired of seeing them. All we need now is a snowy town or country in Suikoden.

Worst dungeon: Anything that's a bloody sewer or cave!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I couldn't stand Haud or Raftfleet just because there was no rhyme or reason to the placement of anything. Say what you will about Haud's color sceme and music, the fact that you can see a door, but not access it because a two-foot wall is blocking it and then have to run around the entire city just to get inside through a back alley route was like nails on the chalkboard. Whatever happened to the "shopping district" concept? With Raftfleet there seemed to be no apparent logic as to the placement of anything and you had to go sometimes the complete opposite way to get around to where you wanted. The layout of the town made no sense and even after 30+ hours of gameplay and may trips to this place I still couldn't find anything. The signs were a little help, but GOOD GOD!

As for favorite, I really liked Rainwall. It made sense as a town. Higher elevation in the north, so that rainwater would wash over the mansion, down the stairs and out the gates into the river. Everything was organized and shops (although sometimes a bit out of the way) were clumped together for the most part. Sable was cool like that, too. I also enjoyed Yashuna village. Very earthy. It had a nice soothing homey feel.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite: Lordlake- I liked the whole feel from the town and got a good mental image of it's former glory from it.

Least Favorite: Lelcar. I just didn't like it. Not appealing.

Dungeon: I liked the second ruins under Big Hole with the Eresh quest. Liked the Egypt there.

Least Dungeon: Deep Twilight super sucked. I couldn't see enough to get around and would keep running into "walls" and stuff and I had a map of the area and couldn't find one of the chests still. It was poorly planned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Town: Raftleet and Sol-Falena, I liked the designs of them and thier music. Plus having all possible shops is always a plus, and they have good selections in them too. Raftfleet is also just so conviently close all the time that helps.

Least Liked Town: Haud Village, sure the comments from the people are funny, but the music is just so freaking bad and just how the town looks is ugh. A close second would be Dwarf Camp for the music, and for putting Zunda behind another dwarf!

Favorite Dungeon: Ashtwal Mountain Ruins, this area just made me feel at peace plus it gets bonus points for making it so you can beat the final duelist! I also loved the music, it's not creepy is it?

Least Liked Dungeon: Underground Ruins (Eresh) man the ways the doors blended into the walls was not fun, plus all the good tresures here for a larges amount of walking with the enemies being tough is not my idea of a fun dungeon. I also hated the Stormfist Underground Passage because I hate all Water/Sewer Dungeons.

I didn't find Deep Twilight Ruins that bad, and I had a Great Firefly Rune on too, wierd huh?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fave Town: Definitely Nirva Island. I just liked how you kinda revisited something related to the Island Nations.

Least Fave Town: Haud Village. Why, even Cornelio kinda looks good when you place him beside Haud.

Fave Dungeon: Big Hole. Source of the three better mages in the game, an anoying dwarf, and the most uber-annoying thing ever. What's not to love?

Least Fave Dungeon: Twilight Forest. I'm there on my 2nd playthrough and I cant even remember the way. This place is the most stupidest place ever, they could've given us a map in-game, but noooo . . . . .

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Hibicus

Lunar Edict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Town: Haud Village. Personally, I laughed my ass off when I saw this town, if only because pretentious art folk really get under my skin. It's so bad it's good, or something.

Least Favorite Town: Gordius. Barely a town, no sweet, sweet curvage, etc. Actually, it would've made more sense if they'd just said it was to remove distraction from the cavalry-in-training, but was instead more like "EWW! COOTIES!".

Favorite Dungeon: Ashtwal Mountain. Always been a big fan of the snow. Shame it didn't fall in the battles, that would've made a pretty neat effect.

Least Favorite Dungeon: Ashtwal Mountain. I went there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: