Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Comment Box Vol. 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: The Comment Box Vol. 1 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At last, at long last, my information starved public, your desires for a newspaper has been fulfilled! Down in our Slave Quarters Editor's Room we have been diligently trying to come up with a newspaper that will best quench your newspaper desires. We wanted the topics to be relevant to you, our readers and entertaining. We have toiled over word processors and graphics programs so that we may bring you our masterpeice. It has finally come!

Okay enough of my hyping it already! Here it is in ALL its glory, the first edition of The Comment Box (working title)

The Comment Box Vol. 1

As you see, we have made it into a PDF format, which I hope all of you can open and read. Its easier on the eyes and gives that newspaper feel, all without the ink getting on your hands! Hooray for technology!

Now, I may ask that you as readers show your love by participating in Polls, sending comments to our comment box as well as other promotional ideas we've placed in the paper. However your participation might not end there.

As you see I called The Comment Box our working title. We down in the Slave Qu...er.. Editor's Room couldn't come up with a solid name for this Newspaper. So we decided we should hold a contest. So, if you have a better name than The Comment Box and you want to see it grace the cover of our fine newspaper, then by all means tell us! The winner receives a lifetime supply of gratitude from us in the Editing Staff. What, you were expecting riches or a vacation? Fine we'll supply you with a one way ticket to the Badlands if you're so keen on getting something out of it!

Anyhow, seriously, we need your help naming this paper, so either throw a name down here in this thread or PM it to me if you like the Anonymous thing. I won't tell anyone who you are. If you all don't it will be forever known as The Comment Box, which I suppose is fine by me since I did coin the title and all.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow awesome newspaper! You can see this is the work of *cough*proffesionals*cough*. Can't wait for the next issue. And what names people come up with (who does not want the eternal honor of having your submission be placed on the top of the first page? Besides me). And what ads people need to have published.

Did i mention how great the newspaper was? It's just awesome.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm loving the paper. Seriously.

But, uh, isn't the name obvious given it's location?

'Budehuc Times'?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like the pictures on pages one and three.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow is about all I can say. I like it, can we send in personals?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brilliant! Do i need to say anything elce? No, i thought so!
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah! This come out pretty damn nice. Great job folks.

I just have one layout suggestion. When you have cancer, make omelettes. Err, try changing the text alignment to "Justified" instead of "Left". That will cause each line to extend to the edge of the column and make everything look more newspapery and easier to read. It will also make the columns take up less space, but you can just add more words. Everyone loves more words.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.. How serious is the horoscope, out of curiosity? :)

Also, since this forum is called SARS...

Maybe we could call the newspaper "Bird Flu", no?
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like omelettes, besides we have the Chuck Norris already.

Thanks for the suggestion i'll keep it mind for the next round.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
Wow is about all I can say. I like it, can we send in personals?

That would be kinda funny...I'm not sure if suikox is ready for personals from some of the people we have around here, though. You know the type... If everyone else thinks it's a good idea though, it'll probably get added eventually. I mean, haven't you seen it? It's a real newspaper. What would a real newspaper be without junk? :D

On a more serious note, I'm glad everyone is enjoying the paper. I only had a very small part in the creation of this Edition (I think I was interviewed at some point?), so I won't take any of the credit for it being excellent...but I'm proud to be a part of the project nonetheless.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke wrote:
.. How serious is the horoscope, out of curiosity? :)

.. Not at all! :D

Its good to see some of you enjoying the paper, we've been slaving away in the Editor's Room without water, or nutrition, or an expresso machine for that matter, heh heh.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The paper really does look fantastic guys! Well done! Especially to ardPSiko, I love the Shrew/Northlanders picture. Makes me chuckle somewhat.

I look foward to the next edition.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I told you, we have an expresso machine, I just disguised it as the couch.

One thing I'd love to point out, why do I have wrinkly old man hands in that pic with Random Important Guy? I think hat is the best darn pic ever.

I'd like to throw credit where it is due. I wouldn't have been able to do any of this if it weren't for my team of Slaves columnists and graphical engineers (like that one ard?)

Special Thanks to Sars and Axiose for helping out and giving the OK, giving us the lovely Dungeon Editor's Room and tossing in their input when needed.

Parallax, you helped out a lot. Your article on the Sex Offenders made the paper more relevant to the site (even though, after a second look the title was shortened to make room for a terrible spelling error). To lay the facts down on this most greivous error, it was not in fact Parallax who mispelled this title but ardPSiKo the Layout Director. I lay blame on you! (j/k all, its no big deal. Seriously)

Zexen Held At Bay was written by Kalidor
People From the Far North was written by Ced The Lad
Brand New Newspaper Established was written by ardPSiKo
New Scarlet Moon Emperor was written by me, RedCydranth
Dear Apple is written by Pierrot Le Fou
Do sex offenders deserve anomity? was writted by Parallax
Horoscopes scoped by Pierrot Le Fou
Pesmerga, Yay or Nay? written by RedCydranth
Review of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter done by Vader
Layout and Graphics done by ardPSiKo

Good Job team and now maybe I'll get you guys a new espresso machine disgused as a coffemaker. Ohhh!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked it. Article about Nordland is cool, description of battle at Blight's Bay and following actions is also really good. Interview with Scarlet Moon Emperor is also nice in reading(btw. congratulations Parallax, yeah I know it's late but better late than never, right?)

I was ROTFL-ing when I saw Shrew planning actions against Nordland. This picture is a killer.

I found only one disadvantage - where, for God's sake, is something about Harmonia. Harmonia is a must in such newspaper. Of course in positive light. :wink:

really good job guys.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They can only include information about so many nations each time, Harmonia and the rest will turn up soon no doubt!

Really good job guys, maybe it's just me but I preferred the picture of Sage chasing Everyone's Grudge from the beaches, the Shrew one was great too but the other one was just a tad better for me. I enjoyed it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: