Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Roy vs Childerich Battle Video **major spoiler**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was a good scene. Thanks for the link Buff, I probably wouldn't have seen this any time soon with out it.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played this path one time. Faylen has different things to say to you in between events as well. It was one my favourite scenes in the game, I ended up respecting the weasel a whole lot more after seeing it. Even though he didn't do it for me, he did it for something other than for himself. I thought it was commendable. A lot more so than his "the world owes me" thing that Lyon yelled at him about.

It's a shame they put this scene and the full character development of Roy in the "bad" path. It's something I think should've been in the main path and Roy should've been one of those killable stars that doesn't affect the 108 bonus.

Thanks for sharing, it was enjoyable the second time seeing it.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Roy should've been killable but still be able to get good ending type characters. Kinda like Kiba. Or he should be replaced entirely like Ridley. Its too good a scene to be non canon
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

two quick questions: are crossbow bolts suppose to be all featherless? Jacquez's bolts seem to have feathers at least according to the manga. and dose faylen's final report have something to do with this ending? cause I can't seem to get it otherwise.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am new...please don't maul me....

It is regrettable they make Roy's development so inaccessible...

But still I don't see how they can make Roy replacable by another star...he might be too unique for that to work.

Ridley's "role" in S2 is one of your top dog (heh heh) general and he is the leader of the Kobold fraction....and that is pretty much it. I didn't think he has much character development beyond that in my memory...so if he dies he gets replaced by Boris, who is his son, who takes over him as the Kobold leader and is a general as well...Granted their characters are slightly different but their "theme" or "role" in the army remains the same.

Roy on the other hand plays a extremely specific and somewhat irreplacable role in S5's army. He is a double of Hero 5/Faroush and that role isn't that as easy to fill like Ridley's, I do not know how they will replace someone so memorable and unique like Roy (Not that Ridley isn't, just Roy more so) without making Roy's death cheap...or the replacement coming in in a corny way...

I feel that the fact that the path Roy dies leads to the bad ending reinforces the idea that all 108 Stars of Destiny are important. Noone is dispensable and it is the test of character on Hero5/Faroush to do the right thing when it counts, to not throw away his allies' lives for some macho idea. I seriously think that...
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

dose faylen's final report have something to do with this ending?

forget that, just found out the report is obtainable after reclaiming so-falena
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
But still I don't see how they can make Roy replacable by another star...he might be too unique for that to work.

i fell the same way in regards of that. roy was way to unique in order for him to be replaced by another. it would have to be a roy look-a-like that still looked like the prince. just would seem way to stupid to me.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm....well you're right. Guess, I just didn't give very much thought. Still though, I just think the good ending should still be obtainable with Roy's death.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

why would there be a good ending if one of the star of destiny dies. that wouldn't make a very good ending now would it ;)

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can get the good ending in Suikoden 3 that way. I believe it should've been done like that. Both characters in Suikoden 3 sacraficed themselves (willingly and unwillingly), just as Roy did. It could have worked.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that bitch slap was totally unnecessary. Surely there must've been another means to go about that rather than a hand to the face from such a large guy.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this scene any different if you didn't recruit Faylen and Faylon?
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been asking this but no one seems to answer me directly. But if you let Roy die and you take Falyen and Faylon to Stormfist, do those two possibly have angry words to throw at Childerich? (I doubt Faylon and/or Faylen would have the courage to duel Childerich though)

Someone should check this out.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe if you look on the last page you would fined your answer ;)

Highwind wrote:
NervEtrenank wrote:
Hmm. Anyone know if that scene changes any if you don't have Faylon/Faylen recruited?

I read somewhere (Suikosource, if not here) that Faylon and Faylen will run into the castle then Faylen will say something like what Roy's doing is stupid, then everything will proceed as normal.

Thanks for putting up a link to the video. I will download it later.

malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
maybe if you look on the last page you would fined your answer ;)

Highwind wrote:
NervEtrenank wrote:
Hmm. Anyone know if that scene changes any if you don't have Faylon/Faylen recruited?

I read somewhere (Suikosource, if not here) that Faylon and Faylen will run into the castle then Faylen will say something like what Roy's doing is stupid, then everything will proceed as normal.

Thanks for putting up a link to the video. I will download it later.

Wait, wait, I thought Faylen, and Faylon get killed in Sable if you don't recruit them before Armes invades Sable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: