Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Something my friend said (S3)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Something my friend said (S3) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My friend said that there were some things you couldnt get unless you chose Chris for chapter 5 in Suikoden 3. Did I hear wrong, or is he wrong, or is he right? I'm at the point where I choose the character right now.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He may be talking about access to the Merchants Guild Hall in Vinay Del Zexay, where all the real good, real expensive armor and such are. It's a bit of a perk but I don't think it's all that important in the long run. Most the the items and armor there are found elsewhere in the game, just not in that one convenient spot.

EDIT: I remembered the name, I think, of the place where you go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright... thanks...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a special scene you get if you choose Chris as your FC, but it's in Chapter 4, not five.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, the extra scene is the bonus I guess for giving her a useless rune.

One thing to remember is that there is a Cyclone Rune in Chisha (I think) that can only be gotten in Chapter 5 when you have control of Geddoe if you choose Chris. This is because Chris can't climb in all that armour. Kind of realisitc I guess...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That reminds me of Thomas... "Ladders aren't my thing..."

I did choose Hugo (who was already my Flame Champion) after reading this.

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ill have to do that on my next playthrough
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:

Omg, the whole "ladders aren't my thing..." thing was so pathetic. xD When I first saw that I was like... ok, he sucks. But then he wasn't so bad in abttle and I'm sure killing monsters is way harder than climbing ladders, don't you think?

And why did Konami limit his ladder-climbing abilities anyway?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
KratosJudgement

Hell Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Giving Chris the TFR is a total waste she is one the worst magicians in the history of the Suikoden series I mean most of the time the heroes are usually really good with magic but Chris she's just horrible any rune on her is a waste she doesn't deserve the TWR.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I can agree that the TFR is wasted on her... not all runes are. What about the Killer rune, for example?

Also, hate to say it, but it looks like the TWR gives less than a poop about her magic skill. It chose her anyway. Still, at high enough levels, she can use spells that are effective in battle (for example - Silent Lake against Sarah).
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KratosJudgement wrote:
Giving Chris the TFR is a total waste she is one the worst magicians in the history of the Suikoden series I mean most of the time the heroes are usually really good with magic but Chris she's just horrible any rune on her is a waste she doesn't deserve the TWR.

It's about time they broke the tradition, and they did a wonderful job with making her a physical monster on the battlefield instead.

It was quite the breath of fresh air, when 99% of fantasy tales out there link the water element with magic-types and not much in the physical department. Well, I suppose Yun already covered the cliche mystical aspect of the True Water Rune to some extent.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeh she was crappy with magic, but the whole point to her was not to use magic I think? I guess you could tap her for the True Water Rune if you really needed a heal, desperation or something. Otherwise though, she was really good in battle. I'll agree with thief, it's nice to see something new.

That said, I never use the true fire rune, so you can always make her flame champ and then forget about it. The rune wants to kill your party as much as your enemies, so what's the point, and she can't cast well, so it sort of fits hahaa.

What is the extra scene you get in chapter 4 if she's the flame champion?

-My DeviantArt-
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KratosJudgement wrote:

Hey, why WOULDN'T you pick her?! She's by far the best looking of the three choices, unless you're really into Yaoi, and in that case you might like Hugo... :roll:

Anyway, I'd have to totally agree with what Elzamine said about the True Fire Rune, and besides that... I'd like to expand that to ALL fire magic in general when it came to Suikoden III. I can appreciate them trying to add some bit of realism when it comes to casting fire magic, but realism doesn't always transpire into fun and exciting gameplay. I suppose if it did, we'd just play games that were all like real life.

Um, yeah, there's another random tangent for ya... But Fire magic was the reason that Joker (Wang - No, not related to the Big Trouble in Little China Wang) was the weakest link in Geddoe's party... Well, couple that with his crappy physical attack and physical defense. Anyway, Chris is the bomb, and sooner or later all you haters are just gonna' have to give in to that. :P After all, who else are ya gonna' pick? Geddoe? OK, he's cool, but if we use your reasoning, you're screwing over the True Lightning Rune's potential, as Geddoe has high skills when it comes to casting Lightning Magic, and then... Wait... Hugo, only gets a B in Fire Magic, so if you want a good person to use the True Fire Rune with, you'll still have to get Fire Magic Rings. :P

Oh, and just for the record, I find the most useful characters happen to be the ones that can defend and attack physically for the most damage... The only real exception to that rule might be Luc in Suikoden I, because can cast 'Storm' 9 times, I believe... And that's just awesome. :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Chris is a waste for TFR. IMO, the true fire rune is all but a waste anyway, so I'd rather have it go to the least mage than the better. And I like that Chris is such a physical powerhouse. It's a bit of a refreshing change. She's plenty useful even if her runes are ...not so hot. Though I disagree with Sai; Chris isn't the best looking one there, that's Geddoe - but Geddoe wins for the eyepatch. Were Chris to have an eye patch, it would be a much, much closer battle - perhaps even dead even. :*laugh*:

The only downside for me is if you use Chris, true water goes to Hugo, and while he can use it, I never really like using him. ^^;

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wraith

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Yvl wrote:

Omg, the whole "ladders aren't my thing..." thing was so pathetic. xD When I first saw that I was like... ok, he sucks. But then he wasn't so bad in abttle and I'm sure killing monsters is way harder than climbing ladders, don't you think?

And why did Konami limit his ladder-climbing abilities anyway?

With Luc it was "Who has time for ladders?".

EDIT: yo, why am I a peasant?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: