Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V Trading Shops

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Suikoden V Trading Shops Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

During the end of the game, I began trading a lot through the different cities and what not. After a while, I noticed that some new items opened up. Does anyone know what different trading items can be unlocked and how? I suspect you have to sell a certain amount of some of the items to unlock new ones, like in Suikoden IV, but I have no idea which items unlock new ones. Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help me.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's prolly just like 4 where you tade a certain ammount and upgraded versions of those items are available. unfortunetly the game book doesn't say any thing on it, but suikosource is your best bet to learn about it i believe. since they have a sticky topic on trading.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/929668.html

There's a link to a (whole lot of S5) guide...it's right above the maps...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any benefit to the trading?

-My DeviantArt-
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

besides getting sarioh, no there is no benefit from it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah you can make a lot of money with it, and you have to trade to get shinros's gradnfather..don't remember his name..
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the link Harreki, it was really usefull. It seems that the new trading items are unlocked by selling big amounts of the basic items. It seems that trading can really help you get potch, but only after unlocking the new items.
CHRoNo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the Gamefaqs trade link:

Quote:
However, from info I've been sent, it seems if you get a "No rumor" event at a
normal marketplace, you can then go ask Sairoh and his rumor will mention
personal accessories being all the rage in Haud, and Gold + Silver will be
900k there. (Thanks to Elairz for this info)

AWESOME!! So far i have 22 gold and silver bought @ 50k @ Dwarf Village/caves, cant wait to snap up 900k for each should help upgrade my weapons nicely!!!

"Hey you better get that red dot checked out, my uncle died of crotch dot!" -Chief Wiggum
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, trading can be a fast way to earn cash, and it rarely fails if you spend time to learn the system.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could never be bothered to learn the system for trading. I've not been a fan since Suikoden II (was it even in I?) where you had to get stupid Gordon by earning 50,000 raw Potch in profit by trading. Of course, I'm pretty sure that the Trading system was much improved in terms of usefulness in Suikoden IV and V, but it's a bit too late to get me on board.

To earn Potch, I just played the fishing game and claimed hundreds of pots and sold them, and fought outrageous numbers of battles with Lorelai in my party with her Treasure Hunt trained up. It's actually really amazing how much sell-able gear you accure with Treasure Hunt on, especially from the 'rare' miniboss type encounters in each area. All of my main party people were sporting Fire Dragon Armor by the time I went to Lelcar, as I recall...or maybe even earlier...and I got 3x Fortune Rune Piece from random encounters as well! I guess that's entirely off-topic, however.

Is Trading really more efficient than all that? Potch is always in such short supply in Suikoden...so many weapons to sharpen, so little money to do it with...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it's not in Suikoden I. I do like the idea, but it's far too boring for me to do outside recruiting characters. When I have to recruit characters through trading, I make sure to get some serious potch out of it, though. When recruiting Sairoh I made about 50000 potch off salt alone. I stocked... Massively. I even had salts in my bank because I ran out of room for them in my inventory, which had a constant 10 at minimum.

Parallax wrote:
To earn Potch, I just played the fishing game and claimed hundreds of pots and sold them, and fought outrageous numbers of battles with Lorelai in my party with her Treasure Hunt trained up. It's actually really amazing how much sell-able gear you accure with Treasure Hunt on, especially from the 'rare' miniboss type encounters in each area. All of my main party people were sporting Fire Dragon Armor by the time I went to Lelcar, as I recall...or maybe even earlier...and I got 3x Fortune Rune Piece from random encounters as well! I guess that's entirely off-topic, however.

I'm with you, mainly because it's not running from town to town selling crap I could care less about... Those Fire Dragon Armors are awesome, especially early in the game. Sell'm or equip'm, it doesn't really matter, you're ahead of the game with gear like that.

Quote:
Is Trading really more efficient than all that? Potch is always in such short supply in Suikoden...so many weapons to sharpen, so little money to do it with...

If you're willing to go through the most boring process of you life, yes, trading is the way to go to get potch. It's far more efficient, and I'm sure someone out there loves the trading system to death, but for people like me... I don't have the attention span to sit there running around the country side solisiting trade goods.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hibicus

Lunar Edict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The trading system has always seemed like a nice addition to me, but it really hasn't been that useful... Especially in Suiko V's case, where you can get like fifty Prosperity Rings and make all the money you'll ever need, instead of ferrying coffee and tea around for 1k profit or less. Even in earlier games, it was easy enough to buy only Ancient Texts and Crystal Balls, and make infinitely more profit than with condiments or whatever.

Though, one of the few things I did like about Suiko IV was that you needed to use the trading system to get certain materials for equipment manufacturing. Just seemed like an innovative way to include the system.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The trading system was its best in Suikoden IV. With unlimited inventory, perfect Blinking Mirror and fast restocking, they were actually worth something.

I never go back to trading shops again in this one after getting Sairoh, like how I never bother with them after getting Gordon a few years back.
Hibicus

Lunar Edict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
I never go back to trading shops again in this one after getting Sairoh, like how I never bother with them after getting Gordon a few years back.

Don't forget the condiments!

Actually, V should've had it so they put in a Starbucks into your castle if you trade enough coffee. They are everywhere, right? I don't see how a wholly fictitious universe would stop them or anything.
bluemoonkiller

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden V Trading Shops Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wanted to say that it is entirely possible to make millions with trading in Suikoden 5. No idea how it happens but before u get gold craftwork there will be a time with no rumors at any shops. Sairoh say something about things in Haud. I went there and gold and silver were 900,000 potch. I made over 3 million with just what i could afford to buy at the shops that were open then, estrise, dwarf camp, etc. Im on my second playthru and Have 59 gold and silver in my warehouse. It hasnt happenend yet. Ive sold 27 of them before at once and gold craftwork still not open. I just went to Nirva for the coronation ceremony. My first playthru i recorded all the things that happened to make this work. It was just after Beaver place burned. I only had 20ish of vegetables, salt, fruit in my vault. Right as I left Beaver Lodge i went to Lucretia in war room. Then went to trade and it happened. Does anyone have any idea how i can get this to happen again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: