Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Non-Tenkai Hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince Kiryu

2500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Non-Tenkai Hero Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

like SIII's hugo, chris and geddoe. though i'm not talking about a trinity sight system.

I wouldnt mind having a non-tenkai myself. Suiting it with a proper theme for the story would be fine. Like Tenrou and Tensui stars as heroes with the theme of love story. okay, i know it sounds corny, but i'm sure murayama(sp?) could make something cool with it. (if he'll do a suikoden again, that is) adding it to warfare is not that bad. like the couple being from opposing countries or something like that. Actually, I already thought of a good story for suikoden VI... *starts to think of making a doujin*

... anyway, i just gave an example. If the hero would be non-tenkai, how do you think can they make an interesting story?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They could make just like any other Suikoden except this time you'd have a reason to follow orders, because you're not the boss. Much more preferable to Suikoden I, II and IV's Tenkai Figurehead approach.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield, The hero in Sui 3 did step down. There's also the chance of the Tenkai dying, as mentioned in another thread.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Much more preferable to Suikoden I, II and IV's Tenkai Figurehead approach.

Note that I only referenced Suikoden I, II and IV has having a silent Tenkai figurehead approach. I discount Suikoden III because, yes, Thomas was the Tenkai Star and he was not the main character and Suikoden V because of one plot branch which focuses entirely on a choice made by yourself as Tenkai.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This idea I like, though the tenkai requirement typically is what defines "main character". I think even if you were a strategist or such for another tenkai, that tenkai would still end up being the main character. And that definitely wouldn't feel like Suikoden.

But yeah, I like the idea of being a non-tenkai hero. Perhaps you could play and the choices and actions you take determine what kind of star you end up? That could also be neat, perhaps.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sori

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont like the idea. itd be more suited for a tenkai star
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This would be better suited for a spinoff game, probably something for a portibal system such as PSP or GBA. A side story where one is part of history, not responsible for making it. It would make a nice "gaiden" story type game, a traditional RPG where one has only two or three party members - perhaps taking place during one of the previous Suiko's, choose from a variety of Stars and play out their personal story during the war. Who know's, anything is possible. I dont think that we'll see this as the standard forumla for the next suiko though, our hero will be a silent Tenkai, otherwise we fans get fussy and complain like we did w/ Suiko 3.

I think that's why the trinity site system was attempted, to give players a different outlook on the story of the game from a differed perspective other than just that of the silent Tenkai. Even though thomas was the Tenkai, he had alot more personality and has shaped up to be one of the fan favorites as far as Tenkai's are concerened. I'd like to see more of that from a Tenkai, a little more personality rather than just a silent figurehead.

I hate you Onimaru.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, a non-tenkai is more suited for a game like Rhapsodia or the Gaidens. However, I do like the idea of a talking Tenkai.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might be fun to have a game from the Strategists point of view...then you wouldn't have to deal with a main character that is little more than pawns? That or maybe from a high ranking General in the army. Like the Tengou star. Or the Tenmou star. Or even the Tenei star might be interesting...especially the Tenei star.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay. Kyril could have fit this profile. Nash Latjke obviously did (but it was a gaiden, I know). I guess it can work. I mean if the character was interesting enough, like say Flik or Viktor who have established a decent following, this would be a good idea, like a suiko tactics 2 or maybe a SV gaiden or hell an SVI gaiden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: