Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Two Tenkai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I aggree with John there can only be one tenkai star otherwise the whole system would be thrown into chaos.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would two tenkai's be possible if the characters were twins?? The star system has to do with the time/date of birth correct??

I hate you Onimaru.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Tenkai Star doesn't have to die for another to take his or her place. Tir was still alive when Riou became Tenkai in Suikoden II and made an appearance. I think that's as close to there being "two Tenkai Stars" as we're gonna get.

I doubt the twins theory would make a difference as, just because people are born as twins, does not mean they were born at the same time. It can be minutes or hours before the second twin is born, so even the date won't necessarily be the same.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Would two tenkai's be possible if the characters were twins?? The star system has to do with the time/date of birth correct??

No.

Just because two people are born under the Tenkai Star does not mean that there can be more than one Tenkai Star of Destiny at any one point. Tir McDohl and Riou's lives cross over one another but they were not both Tenkai Stars of Destiny for both wars, for example.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Tenkai star having a twin would be interesting though, but whether he is on your side or against you, who knows. It could go either way. If with you, I think Tenjyu Star would make sense (tends to be someone close to the Tenkai, with a family-type bond)

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
There can only be one Tenkai at a time, so one would have to be removed.
What if they were twins. or even conjoined twins.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

They're still two people. Only one person is allowed to a star.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Waw that so interesting about having twin tenkai, but it will be more like soap opera than a game....hahahahahaha no..no... kidding...just thinking that the other twin come in the middle of game...and drama begin !!! hehehe
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Patriarch wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

What if they were conjoined at the brain. Would they REALLY be to different people then? Or if they were regular twins with a colective mind.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Patriarch wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

What if they were conjoined at the brain. Would they REALLY be to different people then? Or if they were regular twins with a colective mind.

Ask science, this has nothing to do with Suikoden.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Patriarch wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

I feel somebody clutching at straws here.

There is only ever one Tenkai. It's like asking what if there were two Tenki's, there just isn't. There's one Tenki and one Chikai. The closest we usually get to another Tenkai in game is the Tengou.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Patriarch wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Patriarch wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

dont shoot it down just because you dont have an awnser.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, this got off track once we got into the conjoined twins end of this conversation. Let's not all get snarky with one another and bring this back to the topic, shall we? *smiles*

Me personally, I think it would be an interesting thing if the Tenkai star had a twin. Granted it would go into the realm of soap opera, but as long as it was well characterized and the story was told well, it is feasible. Astrologically speaking, it is possible for twins to be born within minutes of one another and have planetary alignments that would signal possible differences in their personalities - I don't see how the stars would act any differently.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Patriarch wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Patriarch wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Patriarch wrote:

dont shoot it down just because you dont have an awnser.

He shot it down because it's stupid.

If two bodies shared one brain, they would not be two people, it'd be one person with a completely redundant body attached, it's scientifically bogus.

And if you're talking about two different people somehow tapping into only one mind between the two, then that's even more ludicrous!

But, just because I'm a-nice-a guy...

I would wager that the mind itself would be established as the star. In other words, there would not be two people down as the star.

EDIT: Geddoe, yes yes, it's very well possible for someone, it doesn't even have to be a twin, to be born under the Tenkai Star. It doesn't make them the Tenkai Star of Destiny for Particular War Requiring Stars of Destiny. At best, you'd get a jealously subplot from the non-Tenkai twin.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see the Tenkai have a twin with a different star, remaining as a fixed element. Maybe non-identical twins, though, so it doesn't get redundant.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: