Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Two Tenkai
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Two Tenkai Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if there is 2 Tenkai Hero...?
Hehehe, the story about a Hero who died in whatever battle ( just like any suiko, there is recruiting, battle and strategy) but he have to die. But he replaced by another hero who will be the next tenkai....!
It will be more drama,actually it just like oddesa and "Tir", but in the game we played as "Oddesa" too.

BTW, i want in the next generation console Suikoden, there will be nicer graphic, at least as good as FF12 now, or even better.
Prince Kiryu

2500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

come to think of it... what star could odessa be..? she suits to be tenkai.

anyway i like your idea, ladynite, sounds cool but the player would be too attached with the first tenkai that he/she would either be disappointed with that certain death or be happy so long as the other tenkai is cooler than the first one.

how about playing both? (by that, i mean no one dies)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There can only be one Tenkai at a time, so one would have to be removed.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
There can only be one Tenkai at a time, so one would have to be removed.

That IS what she said...

I dont think it could happen... even if there was one Tenkai that died, it would still show on the Tablet of Stars, it would just be dimmed out. That doesnt mean the Tenkai CAN'T die though, and one of the other stars succeeds him/her in leading the army...

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boris was able to replace Ridley's star (without it dimming out his name), no reason another Tenkai could replace another.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course, I was referring to Prince's idea of having two Tenkai's at the same time.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'd be neat maybe to play a portion of the game as both characters and then chose which one will be tenkai.
That said though, it would end up being rather like suikoden 3? Though none of the main three ended as a tenkai, it was moreso like the one picked was your tenkai, or at least had the most responsibility of such.

-My DeviantArt-
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think it would be cool if you played in the start as someone that isn't a star but somehow connected to the Tenkai. Then maybe they die or something around that and then you take control of the Tenkai.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I find the idea of having two Tenkai it seems a bit of a stretch to have two loosely related characters holding the same star. Now if this were a situation where you had two strongly related characters, like a brother/sister or twins holding the Tenkai star as a single entity that would make a bit more sense. If you go into a weirder route then you may even have one Tenkai who was cloned at some point and both versions of the Tenkai decided to continue on the fight. So you still have one Tenkai for the star but have control over two characters. It would be strange but it would make for an interesting story. You could also kill off one Tenkai without worrying about changing the star.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or... how about playing the tenkai... FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!! o.O;;;;;

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

two tenkais? two perspectives for a game (thats more like suikoden 3) but how about two tenkais on different sides of a conflict leading their own set of 108 stars of destiny? now that game would be massive! 216 stars of destiny = woot! :P
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal wrote:
i think it would be cool if you played in the start as someone that isn't a star but somehow connected to the Tenkai. Then maybe they die or something around that and then you take control of the Tenkai.

That would be cool, and they could have done that with Suikoden 3, giving us the chance to use the Flame Champion.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Along that 216 stars in a game idea... maybe that will be the final game, and they war with each other... and you choose who wins in the end... I dont like that idea though, I prefer a definate ending.

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^no. that can be avoided and there maybe a definite ending if 216 sods somehow wage war against each other....

speculation mode: on

a super powerful villain/antagonist/force somehow managed to make two sets of sods wage war against one another then it is later revealed that that force (a person or an empire maybe?) just wants the two conflicting sides to damage/destroy one another while they (the antagonists/empire) take advantage and eventually leads them to controlling the country involved or the world. then the 216 sods discovers this then teams up together to take down the ultimate evilness of the super evil empire.

speculation mode: off

okay that is possible but adding depth to that type of shallow story is difficult. :*laugh*:
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I remember correctly, it's "canon as it gets" that can only exist one set of SoD's at a time.
Now, what could happen is we start the game with one Tenkai and its set of SoD's, but then his mission ends at the middle of the game. The next part of the game would be set a few years later with another Tenkai and another set of stars.

For example, the first Tenkai has the role of liberate his recently conquered country, and also takes the country that conquered his (like Riou did in S2, in the Dunan Unification War). Then, some years later, a new Tenkai emerges and frees the country that has first invaded from the other one, meets with the other Tenkai, both disappear, and both countries sign a peace and cooperation agreement.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: