Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Spoiler]How many new True Runes are mentioned in the game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keriaku wrote:
So does that mean that there is no 'enemy' True Rune? Every other last boss in the Suikoden series has been a true rune. (The Soevnoir (sp) Rune, Beast Rune, and Elemental True Runes). That's disappointing... :cry:

Yeah, there's no "Enemy True Rune" or anything whatsoever. As I said previously, no other true rune besides Souleate and Rune of Punishment is mentioned in Suikoden 4.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Second of all, the only reason Suikoden 3 had so many Runes is because Luc wanted all of the Elemental True Runes. The others usually only had three or so in their respective games. So have only two isn't so bad.

Firstly, S4 has a single new True Rune. The Souleater isn`t new at all. Let`s go through the list again:

SUIKODEN

Soul Eater
Dragon Rune
Gate Rune
Night Rune
Sovereign Rune

Total: 5

SUIKODEN 2

Rune of Beginning
Beast Rune
Blue Moon Rune
True Wind

Total: 4

SUIKODEN 3

True Fire
True Earth
True Lighting
True Water

Total: 4

SUIKODEN 4

Rune of Punishment

Total: 1 :(

The average amount of new True Runes for each game(without counting S4) is 4. S4 has a measly single new Rune.

TheAngelicSin wrote:
Not mentioning new runes also gives Konami creative freedom later down the road if they decide to continue with the Suikoden series - both of which can either turn out to be either a blessing, a curse, or a mix of both.

Even if they had introduced a proper number of Runes, they`d have had plenty left. And with only two Suikoden games on each console, they won`t run out in a hurry...

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

?
Isn't the Eightfold Rune that Yuber holds a true rune? If not then I guess I've been misled by something I read online. o.o;

But they could have more freedom and choices to make if they keep the number pretty much constant. Although it may not be fun... M'eh, it's tolerable. We can only hope that they keep hurling out our series. ;P

Also, if they mentioned all 27 too soon wouldn't it be too obvious what powers a True Rune holder hero would have and whatnot? I don't know... ^^;

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's look at it this way, the longer they take to reveal all of the 27 true runes the more Suikoden games there will be.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
Let's look at it this way, the longer they take to reveal all of the 27 true runes the more Suikoden games there will be.

Not necessarily, they can re-use them, it would just get a little old. ^_^

See you can take part in different quests concerning the origin of each of the runes, becuase usually there isn't too much history to where the bearers of the True Runes obtained those True Runes. And you could make games where the main char doesn't possess a True Rune, but he's fighting against an enemy who does (possibly a non main True Rune that has already been mentioned, Blue Moon (doubtful, Sierra keeps a pretty good gaurd on that ^^) and maybe the Eightfold Rune, and they make Yuber the main badguy.... hmm.

But anyway, if they made games like that they'd prolly be a little dry.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there's really a "proper" amount of True Runes that has to be introduced per game except those which Konami decides to introduce. With only a finite number of True Runes in existence, it stands to reason that introducing them sparingly is a wise decision.

As for known True Runes, doesn't Hikusaak have the Circle Rune? And I don't think the Conqueror Rune Windy had in Suikoden I was a True Rune, was it?

Anyway, Suikoden isn't just about True Runes.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, Eightfold, Rune of Change, and the Circle Rune are also true runes.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:

Not necessarily, they can re-use them, it would just get a little old. ^_^

See you can take part in different quests concerning the origin of each of the runes, becuase usually there isn't too much history to where the bearers of the True Runes obtained those True Runes. And you could make games where the main char doesn't possess a True Rune, but he's fighting against an enemy who does (possibly a non main True Rune that has already been mentioned, Blue Moon (doubtful, Sierra keeps a pretty good gaurd on that ^^) and maybe the Eightfold Rune, and they make Yuber the main badguy.... hmm.

Sierra and Yuber are great in my books. :wink: I DEFINITELY wouldn't mind Konami using more of them. ^^; Then again there are a lot of characters I wouldn't mind Konami bringing out more. ^^;
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So....when will Suikoden 5 appear heheheheheheh
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game revealed so much about the Rune of Punishment anyway. I didn't see the Rune of Beginning being involved as much in Suikoden II... ha.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LadyNite wrote:
So....when will Suikoden 5 appear heheheheheheh

Hopefully, if it comes out, sometime in the next 3 years? :wink:

Or not... You know, maybe sometime earlier but I wouldn't put too high hopes on it I don't think.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kind of like that Suikoden games don't come out like clockwork almost every year like Final Fantasy games used to. If there are only two Suikoden games per console generation, the additional development time can be used to create a really good game. I'm hoping that whenever Suikoden V comes out, it will deal with the Queendom of Falena in depth. It's not too unreasonable, since the Island Nations are within the general vicinity of Falena, like the Scarlet Moon Empire neighboured the City-States of Jowston.

I also wouldn't be opposed to seeing more prequel events, perhaps even in side games from the main series. The Succession War seems like an interesting event, and could include numerous characters from the original Suikoden. Teo could even be the main character, and we could see younger versions of Gremio, Tir, Pahn, etc.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@Gwendal...uhm...where is the True Wind Rune mentioned in SII...Luc is hiding it although he uses it btu he tells Flik that its hard to do a spell like that and it takes time to do it again as an excuse cause he didnt want to reveal his rune

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He revealed to the players that it was a True Rune. In reality, the True Wind Rune was first revealed in the Japanese version of Suikoden 1. The translators didn't say that the Stone Golem back on Magician's isle was summoned using Luc's rune.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:

I also wouldn't be opposed to seeing more prequel events, perhaps even in side games from the main series. The Succession War seems like an interesting event, and could include numerous characters from the original Suikoden. Teo could even be the main character, and we could see younger versions of Gremio, Tir, Pahn, etc.

Being the Gremio fangirl I am I'd have to say I love the way that sounds. :wink: And although they'd probably NEVER do something like that... well, it's still a brilliant idea and I can at least still hope. ^^; Haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: