Suikoden United and Irenic Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Spoiler]How many new True Runes are mentioned in the game?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: [Spoiler]How many new True Runes are mentioned in the game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`m sorry if this has been asked, but I tried a search and couldn`t find it. Anyway, for those who have played the game: How many new True Runes are mentioned? I don`t want any names or other details at all, just a number. The Runes don`t need to be playable, just seen in a cutscene or even just mentioned in a conversation.

Thanks a lot in advance, and no details please! Just a number.

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah even if someone just mention them like "bla he used to have the ... rune",,,would like to know too

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just the Souleater and Rune of Punishment, at least thats what many people are saying. Very disappointing, I know.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and what about leknaats gate rune..okay i know 1 half is not the true rune but maybe she mentions liek in S1 that she has 1 half and her in-that-epoch-still-existing-somewhere-walking-around-but-dont-know-whe re sister has the other part

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leknaat doesn't mention her Gate Rune or anything. The only True Runes mentioned, referred to, or even alluded to in Suikoden 4 is the Souleater and the Rune of Punishment (as Wiseman pointed out). Not even a hint of any other rune whatsoever.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I remember correctly, Leknaat didn't mention her rune in either Suikoden II or III, but we know she has it. True, she has a mere cameo in Suikoden III compared to the first two games, but the rune holders tend to keep their possession of a True Rune quiet.

Didn't Leknaat only explain her rune after you recruited all 108 Stars of Destiny and revived Gremio? If such is the case, mentioning the rune was relevant to the story. It wasn't until Suikoden III that Luc and Sasarai really revealed their True Runes, despite Sasarai appearing in Suikoden II. Ted also kept the Soul Eater a secret until he absolutely had to use and explain it. Wyatt/Jimba in Suikoden III also kept his possession of the True Water Rune a secret until it was necessary, so it stands to reason that Leknaat would do the same, even with Suikoden IV being a prequel. If Windy isn't in the game or even mentioned, it would feel out of place for Leknaat to just mention the rune and Windy out of nowhere and then disappear.

If the Soul Eater is used in a story sequence, I can see Ted and Hero4 having an exchange about the burden of holding True Runes but, otherwise, if a rune isn't relevant to the story I can't see it being mentioned in casual conversation.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Didn't Leknaat only explain her rune after you recruited all 108 Stars of Destiny and revived Gremio?

She uses it in the final march on Gregminster too, when Windy summons all those monsters to increase the size of the Imperial army and then Leknaat tries to use her half of the Gate rune to send them back, but can't and so Joshua Levenheit comes and helps aids her with his Dragon rune and they sucessfully send the monsters back. I'd say that is a pretty big event because had that not happened, the Liberation Army would have most definitely lost. With those monsters the Imperial army had a force of about 100,000 and it was reduced to about 1/4 of that if I remember correctly, and the Liberation army had around 20,000(depending how many people you recruited), so that definitely was a big help.

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Leknaat doesn't mention her Gate Rune or anything. The only True Runes mentioned, referred to, or even alluded to in Suikoden 4 is the Souleater and the Rune of Punishment (as Wiseman pointed out). Not even a hint of any other rune whatsoever.

Wow...that just sucks. One of the main things I was looking forward to was learning about 4-5 new True Runes. So just a single, measly new Rune is introduced...that`s just pathetic. :roll: :(

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wiseman, I had forgotten about that point. It's been a while since I played through Suikoden and could only recall the revival of Gremio event. Though, it was used during a sequence essential to the story, so there was a reason for it to have been mentioned.

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
SARSadmin wrote:

Wow...that just sucks. One of the main things I was looking forward to was learning about 4-5 new True Runes. So just a single, measly new Rune is introduced...that`s just pathetic. :roll: :(

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

First things first, so the enemy doesn't have a True Rune? How can he be any challange?

Second of all, the only reason Suikoden 3 had so many Runes is because Luc wanted all of the Elemental True Runes. The others usually only had three or so in their respective games. So have only two isn't so bad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I know Elc, I wasn't trying to knock you or prove anything you said wrong, I was just pointing out that there was that event as well, which is in my opinion is more important than the revival of Gremio, but to each his own as they say...

And to Gil-galad, don't forget that the Rune of Punishment drains the bearer's life the more they use it. Either way the bearer would be at a disadvantage. If he/she doesn't use it, there life won't be drained but they won't be as poweful, if they do use it they will certainly be a force to be reckoned with, but there life force will be drained more and more. I think that the enemy not being a true rune is perfectly fine. Luca Blight was the strongest person in Suikoden history and he didn't have a true rune, and we had to use three full parties of 6 and a final duel to take him down.

TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not mentioning new runes also gives Konami creative freedom later down the road if they decide to continue with the Suikoden series - both of which can either turn out to be either a blessing, a curse, or a mix of both.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So does that mean that there is no 'enemy' True Rune? Every other last boss in the Suikoden series has been a true rune. (The Soevnoir (sp) Rune, Beast Rune, and Elemental True Runes). That's disappointing... :cry:
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't take it as a knock, Wiseman, the Gremio revival was the only time I could remember Leknaat mentioning or using her rune, so it's the example I used. Quite a bit about my recollection of the games is blurred because I haven't played them for a while. I don't disagree that the Gregminster instance is more important than having Gremio revived, but it sticks in my mind because I am a fan of the character.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they let all the 27 true runes be known too early, it could lead to a quick ending of the series possibly. I think the developers want to keep their options open so I doubt we'll be seeing 5+ true runes in any further installment of Suikoden.

But that's more guess-work from me than based on anything...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: