Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

any of you guys had a character die in army battles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Gilbert was his name. Thanks. Depends on what you mean with "just"...
He died the first battle he started on my side, if I remember correctly. It was an awful feeling. I think it was the first time I played the game and although I didn't get to see much from that character I liked him. Furthermore, I only realised later on that I couldn't get the perfect ending... what a petty.

The Fool
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doesn't surprise me, Gilbert is a pretty weak unit when you first get him.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yeah. Gilbert is a pretty weak unit. I remember when I nearly had him killed when he joined me in the battle at the mercenary fort. I know a few others who had trouble keeping him alive, too. But that was the only battle that I had trouble keeping him alive though. After that battle, I never really had to worry about Gilbert dying anymore. I didn't use him in war battles as much as I do with other units.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to have Max die all the time in 1 and 2, but in III the only time I had someone die was Twaikin. Apparently he wasn't able to take on the entire Harmonian Army like I had originally supposed, so that was totally a reset.

Aside from that, I never had a SoD die in a war battle in IV and V. I think I've had the ocassional 'wounded' characters though.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was completely overwhelmed when I first went up against the Harmonian army in Suikoden III, considering you had to hold them off and they were so strong and numurous, while The Grassland and Zexen were so weak. I had many a character die in that battle.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only had people die in Suikoden I which was mainly Luc for some strange reason in Suikoden III when Harmonians attacked i pulled them all to the gate since you ended up recovering there
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KariOhki

900 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden I, I had Sheena die in some battle, but I was smart and had a save right before so I reset.

Suikoden II...I didn't have a good major battle guide, so I didn't know if "wounded" meant dead. If someone got wounded, I reset. A couple people got wounded, I think Huan was one of them.

Don't remember losing anyone in III-V, though I remember being such a perfectionist in V that if a unit died I'd restart anyway.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aren't we all perfectionist when it comes to suikoden
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, true. My characters in suiko III are so strong right now and I have a save right before the final battle. I can annihilate all the monsters, but Yuber is still a major challenge.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The tunneler Dwarf Guy in suikoden III *yeah I can't remember his name, bu tI remember he has a shovel* , died in my game. I've hated him ever since. I actually never noticed he died untill it was too late. OH well, it was ok going through the game again..

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh! Mr.Norden is a burden! He died like 3 times on each battle.... and yeah,reset!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had Luc die in S1. I wasn't too sad. I wish I had S2 to load that data into and from there to S3.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Cough*

Suikoden 1: Luc, right when I beat Milich. Gah. Max also died once.
Suikoden 2: I'm sure there was someone, but I can't remember.
Suikoden 3: I don't think anyone died.
Suikoden 4: A number of people.
Suikoden 5: Norden x3. About everytime I fought the stupid Lordlake battle again, he'd perish.

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never actually lost anyone in the large war game type thing.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
Suikoden 1: Luc, right when I beat Milich. Gah. Max also died once.

Max always dies on me. He's such a geezer.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: