Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

any of you guys had a character die in army battles?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: any of you guys had a character die in army battles? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly as i was enjoying this army battle to retake Sable Belcoot's team just got pawned and he died. I don't want to replay that army battle since i was like halfway through it already and felt really bad afterwards when i saw Marie's letter in my comment box saying, "Don't go looking for me.." or summat like that, and when i looked at where the inn should have been she's gone! I kind of liked this though, but it made me real sad because i didn't have a backup file ready.

You guys had similar experiences with characters?
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eresh died In the last strategic battle I fought, but Jeane didn't gave a darn and pretty much told me (via comment box) I shouldn't worry about her(?)
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

belcoot died in one of my battles as well; there's a list of 'expendable' characters in the guidebook; best bet is to save more frequently, so you can reload, or go to gamefaqs and get the list of expendables and make sure that the unit never gets close enough to being killed.

i've found that being charge heavy with rune magic, heals and recoveries were the best combinations for me; i could attack without counter and heal when necessary, then place the 'near dead' in the rear of the line to save them.

i've also found that in naval battles the beavers are BEASTS! :shock:

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when i was pursuing the ameres army i had to reply it like 3-4 times since some one kept of dying on me. good thing i had it saved before that fight since i just had to restart it. sucks when your almost done with a battle and bam some one dies. happened to me and boy was i mad.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the third instance I've heard of Belcoot being killed in a war battle- poor guy just can't seem to catch a break!

I had to reload at one point when someone died at Lelcar- I think it was Cius, I'm not sure. Is it still random whether or not they die or retreat?

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm..belcoot and bergen died while my first playthrough but i always saved before i started a battle so it wasnt that tragic..
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most characters that are importent to the story can't die, so I doubt it was Cius. Three playthroughs and I've only had one unit killed, guess playing RTS games have helped.
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn Mathias! He died for me in the Doraat battle, so I redid the battle... only to have him die again. >.< S'okay though. I redid the battle a third time and managed to have him flee instead.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Add another Belcoot death to the list. When I trying to evacuate Lordlake, the unit Belcoot was in, was destroyed by Calvary I think, and I Belcoot said thank-you for everything. I automatically knew what that meant, and reseted. Well actually I think the enemy got to Lordlake, and it was game over. That war, was the hardest for me. I don't think I managed to get a Victory+ for that part.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it's even possible to get Victory+ for those battles, because if you think about it you are running away.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah, so there's a list of expendable characters? I guess Logg's family isn't part of the list then. :D They were the only unit that I lost in one of the wars, but they said something about running away. :D

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nope; if they're crucial to the storyline, they'll have a retreat script-if no retreat script follows defeat, then prepare for a death and a replay.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Sir Penguin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, never had a character die on me.
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey! My Belcoot died too! It was at Lelcar's Defense!
But since he was one of my best characters and valuable party member, I pushed reset!

It was my only loss in 2 playthrough.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had Eresh die on me. Reset!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: